[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's your teams 1st rder? Who do you want?

Most mocks I've seen have Cook going 1 pick later to the Browns if not to Denver at 31, so im not sure how you classify him as a reach.

I could go on for pages about how wrong mocks have been in zillions of ways, but I classify him as a reach because he is inflated due to his W/L record, as if he carried the team on his back. He didn't, and he is not low 1st/high 2d round worthy IMO. Neither is Hackenberg, which a few mockheads are STILL talking about as low 1st/high 2d material, which is absurd.

Ezekiel Elliot will go higher than most are predicting.

Colts need edge rusher or o-line help in the worst way. That means Grigson will not address either area in the 2016 draft. He will then call us all idiots because he has to "stay true to his board" and draft "best player available".

Ezekiel Elliot will go higher than most are predicting.

Colts need edge rusher or o-line help in the worst way. That means Grigson will not address either area in the 2016 draft. He will then call us all idiots because he has to "stay true to his board" and draft "best player available".

My guess would be that the top 3 WRs will all still be on the board at 18... :thinking:

• Like 1

For the Steelers, Eli Apple would be nice, really doubt he will be there though so my next man up is William Jackson. Better be a CB, or I will not be happy.

For the Jags, I'd love to see Ramsey drop to 5, but I think he will go to Dallas at 4. Jack is a perfect fit, as long as they are comfortable with his knee, otherwise Bosa. The Jags are setting pretty to get an impact player on D. If Tunsil drops to them, I think they will trade down a few spots and still get a player they really like. That would be the ideal situation, more draft picks.

he is not low 1st/high 2d round worthy IMO.

Cook has all the tools to be an NFL quarterback. The only real knock on him is that he wasn't voted a captain on the MSU football team. He is probably just a bit of a jerk like Philip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger. Below average quarterbacks are getting paid close to $20 million a year. A low 1st round pick is a very small price to pay for a potential franchise quarterback.

Edited by michaelredd9

How good is Elliot? Is he comparable to Peterson as some have exaggerated? Seems more like an Eddie Lacy ceiling to me - and that's not enough to justify a #4 pick, or even a top 10 pick to me. Praying Ramsey drops to 4. The Dallas Secondary desperately needs him.

How good is Elliot? Is he comparable to Peterson as some have exaggerated? Seems more like an Eddie Lacy ceiling to me - and that's not enough to justify a #4 pick, or even a top 10 pick to me.

:blink:

You may want to read up on him a bit more then.

• Like 1

How good is Elliot? Is he comparable to Peterson as some have exaggerated? Seems more like an Eddie Lacy ceiling to me - and that's not enough to justify a #4 pick, or even a top 10 pick to me. Praying Ramsey drops to 4. The Dallas Secondary desperately needs him.

He's pretty damn good. It's hard to compare anyone to AP considering how complete of a RB he is, but I don't think it's unfair. My dad's a huge Buckeyes fan so i've seen a good deal from him. He's an incredibly good blocker (both run and pass), which could create for some interesting plays if he landed on a team with a mobile QB. Fantastic runner too, especially after contact, and can always bust one loose for 50+ yards.

Zeke has an uncanny ability to break away.

Quick as all get out.

Great in both facets.

Can block.

He's a complete back and wherever he lands, he'll upgrade the offense immensely

He's pretty damn good. It's hard to compare anyone to AP considering how complete of a RB he is, but I don't think it's unfair. My dad's a huge Buckeyes fan so i've seen a good deal from him. He's an incredibly good blocker (both run and pass), which could create for some interesting plays if he landed on a team with a mobile QB. Fantastic runner too, especially after contact, and can always bust one loose for 50+ yards.

Reading up on him only goes so far - depends really on which expert's opinions you want to believe. I don't watch a ton of college football, so this is what I was looking for - someone whose seen a lot of games from watching OSU. The fact that he's only 20 and could have a shelf like of at least 7-8 years is what makes him most intriguing to me. If he doesn't go to DAL, how likely is he to fall all the way to CHI at 11? I don't see it happening

Reading up on him only goes so far - depends really on which expert's opinions you want to believe. I don't watch a ton of college football, so this is what I was looking for - someone whose seen a lot of games from watching OSU. The fact that he's only 20 and could have a shelf like of at least 7-8 years is what makes him most intriguing to me. If he doesn't go to DAL, how likely is he to fall all the way to CHI at 11? I don't see it happening

Loaf laid it out better, but yeah... he's an incredible talent. I think there's a strong chance he could fall to the Bears if the Cowboys or Browns don't pick him up.

Edited by kdko

Those 2 posts told you the same things that can be read about him from multiple different sources. Just sayin...

Loaf laid it out better, but yeah... he's an incredible talent. I think there's a strong chance he could fall to the Bears if the Cowboys or Eagles don't pick him up.

Don't get me wrong the Eagles make some mind-baffling moves, but mortgage their entire draft for Elliot? Even they aren't that crazy

Don't get me wrong the Eagles make some mind-baffling moves, but mortgage their entire draft for Elliot? Even they aren't that crazy

Sam Bradford's freakin out - the Philly front office is like chill the f' out dude! We're gonna get you the best offensive player in this draft!

EDIT: Oh wait - Chip Kelly's not there any longer. Nevermind..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Sam Bradford's freakin out - the Philly front office is like chill the f' out dude! We're gonna get you the best offensive player in this draft!

EDIT: Oh wait - Chip Kelly's not there any longer. Nevermind..

The lasting effect of Chip Kelly's player management system remains... bringing in 3 starting RBs didn't pan out last season, so this year their switching their strategy to 3 starting QBs

Haha yeah, I (the really bad word)ed up and typed Philly instead of Cleveland

Cook has all the tools to be an NFL quarterback. The only real knock on him is that he wasn't voted a captain on the MSU football team. He is probably just a bit of a jerk like Philip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger. Below average quarterbacks are getting paid close to $20 million a year. A low 1st round pick is a very small price to pay for a potential franchise quarterback.

You're kidding I hope.

• Like 1

You're kidding I hope.

Did it sound like I was kidding? Why even respond if you're not going to support your argument? Do you think that people here respect your opinion so much that you can make blanket statements without support and they'll accept it? Trust me, they do not. 90% of your posts are negative and rude and without any substance.

Cook played in a complicated pro-style offense and prospered. He has a strong, accurate arm. He is 6'4" and athletic. The only knock on him is his personality. Jon Gruden thinks he is the best quarterback in the draft. Mayock and Jaworski both like him and are only concerned about his personality. Or do you hope they are kidding?

He has a strong, accurate arm...The only knock on him is his personality.

:blink: His accuracy is a MUCH bigger concern than his d00sh factor. He's never had a season completion percentage of 59 or more, and his high water mark of 58.7% came as a sophomore - it's decreased every season since then. Compare his accuracy numbers to other high-caliber QB prospects:

Connor Cook: 58.7%, 58.1%, 56.1%

Jared Goff: 60.4%, 62.1%, 64.5%

Carson Wentz: 63.7%, 62.5%

Paxton Lynch: 58.2%, 62.7%, 66.8%

Jameis Winston: 66.9%, 65.3%

Marcus Mariota: 68.5%, 63.5%, 68.3%

Teddy Bridgewater: 64.5%, 68.5%, 71%

Blake Bortles: 68.2%, 62.9%, 67.8%

Derek Carr: 62.6%, 67.3%, 68.9%