[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's your teams 1st rder? Who do you want?

:blink: His accuracy is a MUCH bigger concern than his d00sh factor. He's never had a season completion percentage of 59 or more, and his high water mark of 58.7% came as a sophomore - it's decreased every season since then. Compare his accuracy numbers to other high-caliber QB prospects:

Connor Cook: 58.7%, 58.1%, 56.1%

Jared Goff: 60.4%, 62.1%, 64.5%

Carson Wentz: 63.7%, 62.5%

Paxton Lynch: 58.2%, 62.7%, 66.8%

Jameis Winston: 66.9%, 65.3%

Marcus Mariota: 68.5%, 63.5%, 68.3%

Teddy Bridgewater: 64.5%, 68.5%, 71%

Blake Bortles: 68.2%, 62.9%, 67.8%

Derek Carr: 62.6%, 67.3%, 68.9%

Cook played in complicated pro-style offense with many different reads. He's going to have a lower completion percentage than quarterbacks in simpler systems. He never had more than 8 interceptions in a year despite throwing downfield often.

Here is what Gruden says: I love the system of football that kid comes from. He's not completing a bunch of pop screens and bubble screens and quick screens like all these other quarterbacks. He's coming out of the huddle and ripping it down the field. Is he perfect? No. But I really like his body of work.

Here is what Mayock thinks: NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock was also at the Duffy Daugherty Football Building to watch the Spartans audition, and he was impressed with Cook's arm.

"From Connor Cook's perspective, what I liked the most was his deep ball accuracy," Mayock said in his NFL.com report. "I thought he threw the ball extremely well, he did a good job in the middle of the field. A lot of scouts wanted to know whether or not he could drive the ball.

"He's got a good arm, strong, and today forget all about the 60 percent accuracy, today he thew the ball with tremendous accuracy."

And also from Mayock: The numbers are impressive. For his career he threw for 9,194 yards with 71 touchdowns and 22 interceptions. His completion percentage was only 57.4, but Mayock attributes that to the fact that the Spartans weren’t a dink and dunk team; they asked Cook to throw downfield and Mayock, for one, liked that.

Cook isn't the only prospect ever to come from a pro-style system. Who was the last successful NFL QB to have those kind of completion numbers in college? I went as far back as 2004, and the only one I could find was Tyrod Taylor - if a pocket passer has Tyrod Taylor accuracy, that guy won't be starting many games in the NFL. Kirk Cousins came from the same school, under the same coach, and rattled off seasons of 60.4%, 66.9%, and 63.7%.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

Did it sound like I was kidding? Why even respond if you're not going to support your argument? Do you think that people here respect your opinion so much that you can make blanket statements without support and they'll accept it? Trust me, they do not. 90% of your posts are negative and rude and without any substance.

Cook played in a complicated pro-style offense and prospered. He has a strong, accurate arm. He is 6'4" and athletic. The only knock on him is his personality. Jon Gruden thinks he is the best quarterback in the draft. Mayock and Jaworski both like him and are only concerned about his personality. Or do you hope they are kidding?

Gee a hypocritical crybaby (and/or troll) on thehuddle, there's something new.

Your ignorance of Cook speaks for itself. And lol @ quoting Gruden as if that backs you up. He also said he'd be shocked if Hackenberg wasn't drafted in the first round. What an expert you chose there.

I won't even get into calling Rivers and Big Ben "below average QBs."

buh bye

I won't even get into calling Rivers and Big Ben "below average QBs."

I didn't say Rivers and Big Ben were below average. I said they have jerk personalities. I think they are both elite. Below average quarterbacks getting close to $20 million are Sam Bradford, Brock Osweiler, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith. They are all getting $17 million or more and are below average.

hypocritical

So how I am a hypocrite?

I'll take it.. Not a big splash, but he'll make Luck and the run game a lot better..

18. Indianapolis

Ryan Kelly, C, 6-4, 311, Alabama

Notable: Rimington Trophy winner as nation's best center. Eighth straight season Alabama has had at least one first-round selection.

Strengths: Take-control player, excellent drive blocker and one tough dude.

Weaknesses: Head-to-head matchups against athletic players could cause some issues. Not much to dislike.

I did NOT see the Browns taking a WR in the first. I guess all those years of bypassing playmakers, had me skeptical. Do I want another 5 foot 10 inch WR, no. But apparently Corey Coleman is a freak.

• Like 1

I did NOT see the Browns taking a WR in the first. I guess all those years of bypassing playmakers, had me skeptical. Do I want another 5 foot 10 inch WR, no. But apparently Corey Coleman is a freak.

Tell me about it. I thought for sure they were taking Paxton Lynch. All the analyists said that the Browns didn't want Lynch at 8, but if they could move back into the late teens they would take him.

Glad they didn't though. One happy Broncos fan here, even if I do have to watch butt fumble for a season or two before Lunch takes the field.

Those 2 posts told you the same things that can be read about him from multiple different sources. Just sayin...

As somebody that doesn't watch college football myself I'm more inclined to belief some people posting here (whose opinions I trust) and a couple friends, than scowering the net for various experts and picking out which ones to believe.

Living in NE Ohio and hearing all the OSU homers I always felt Elliot's value was being over estimated. I'll see when he plays in the NFL, since the Cowboys are on TV every week or two.

Did it sound like I was kidding? Why even respond if you're not going to support your argument? Do you think that people here respect your opinion so much that you can make blanket statements without support and they'll accept it? Trust me, they do not. 90% of your posts are negative and rude and without any substance.

Cook played in a complicated pro-style offense and prospered. He has a strong, accurate arm. He is 6'4" and athletic. The only knock on him is his personality. Jon Gruden thinks he is the best quarterback in the draft. Mayock and Jaworski both like him and are only concerned about his personality. Or do you hope they are kidding?

Wasn't Gruden a big fan of Manziel too? Not that it means that he and others cannot be right about cook. Just when people say "this expert loves the guy" we seem to forget the experts are all wrong quite a bit (usually more than they're right.)

Wasn't Gruden a big fan of Manziel too? Not that it means that he and others cannot be right about cook. Just when people say "this expert loves the guy" we seem to forget the experts are all wrong quite a bit (usually more than they're right.)

Does anyone recall the last QB that Gruden didn't like?

Ezekiel Elliot will go higher than most are predicting.

Colts need edge rusher or o-line help in the worst way. That means Grigson will not address either area in the 2016 draft. He will then call us all idiots because he has to "stay true to his board" and draft "best player available".

Addressed the o-line but not a single pick on an edge player. This clown is so bad. Colts pass rush will be nonexistent. If you 're not going to address it, why cut Werner and Newsome???

Yep, and my Heehawks nabbed THREE running back prospects....

So you're saying Christine Michael is going to get his shot? :brow:

Edited by Def.
  • Like 3

I would love to see the Vikes get Laquon Treadwell, he is exactly the type of receiver that Teddy needs. From everything I've seen though I doubt he will be there when the Vikes pick. If he's not there then I hope Josh Doctson is

nice prediction! :tup:

And great pick for Minny.