[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***OFFICIAL*** 2016 NFL Draft Thread

bud29

It's draft week! Firing up this thread now - post any comments, rumors, mock drafts, etc. in here.

Mock draft special on NFLN tonight at 8 pm ET, then Mayock does his annual mock on Wednesday night - in case you're not anxious enough for the draft yet.

Had to include the ***OFFICIAL*** part for BeeR when he comes along, I know he loves that. ;)

It's draft week! Firing up this thread now - post any comments, rumors, mock drafts, etc. in here.

Mock draft special on NFLN tonight at 8 pm ET, then Mayock does his annual mock on Wednesday night - in case you're not anxious enough for the draft yet.

Had to include the ***OFFICIAL*** part for BeeR when he comes along, I know he loves that. ;)

Shut up you baseball loving homo. :angry:

B) Not the splashiest looking draft ever, but who knows, a lot of possible trading could make it interesting. Glad I have Fri off so I can stay up. Break out the brew n chips :yay:

• Like 1

The more tape I watch on Tunsil, the more I could see the Bolts taking him despite already spending a good bit on OL already this off-season.

I think it's the wrong move as Ramsey is a game-changing stud on the defensive side of the ball.... we shall see.

• Like 1

The local radio people here in so Cal is saying its really looking like the chargers are taking stanley. I think tunsils medicial background is scaring them off

Wow - that would be quite a shakeup, and a pretty poor decision IMO. I've seen lots of reports that the Bolts have stayed totally silent with their intentions at 1.03, so while the popular belief is that it'll be either Tunsil, Ramsey, or Buckner, we really have no smoochieing clue.

Also, I saw a headline on NFLN that Ramsey said he wants to play CB...Would that affect the Chargers' decision at all? They could probably use a FS more than a CB. Who knows.

Edited by bud29

The local radio people here in so Cal is saying its really looking like the chargers are taking stanley. I think tunsils medicial background is scaring them off

It's been a week or so since I've had a chance to listen to San Diego radio. Who all's been saying that? Billy Ray Smith? Just curious.

I still think going OL is a huge mistake given the fact they just dropped $40+ mil at shoring the position up. Not sure why they didn't just wait until after the draft, especially now that there are rumblings they will settle for the 2nd best OL if they're scared off by Tunsil's health.

I could see MAYBE taking the hit and grabbing Tunsil. His tape is impressive. But Stanley? He's good, but not #3 overall good. They'd be better suited to taking Ramsey (or hell, even Bosa) and improving that sieve of a defense.

But what do I know, I'm just some arrogant jerk behind a keyboard.

It's been a week or so since I've had a chance to listen to San Diego radio. Who all's been saying that? Billy Ray Smith? Just curious.

I still think going OL is a huge mistake given the fact they just dropped $40+ mil at shoring the position up. Not sure why they didn't just wait until after the draft, especially now that there are rumblings they will settle for the 2nd best OL if they're scared off by Tunsil's health.

I could see MAYBE taking the hit and grabbing Tunsil. His tape is impressive. But Stanley? He's good, but not #3 overall good. They'd be better suited to taking Ramsey (or hell, even Bosa) and improving that sieve of a defense.

But what do I know, I'm just some arrogant jerk behind a keyboard.

It was the crew after Bill Ray, I think Billy Ray ends at 7:00 pm, so who ever after that was who I was listening. And he was saying that alot of the buzz was Stanley. I would be just as shocked and they were saying how many times can you draft at OL and how defense is such a huge need. They are 2nd to last in sacks and QB hits, but at the same time I think they were last in rushing or rushing tds, something like that, even though they took a rb in the first round. So they are kind of going all in with that thought process.

Who knows it could be all smoke and mirrors at this point and could be Tunsil or Ramsey, but they were saying Bosa, Buckner and Stanley are the names that keep popping up...which is extremely shocking to me.

It was the crew after Bill Ray, I think Billy Ray ends at 7:00 pm, so who ever after that was who I was listening. And he was saying that alot of the buzz was Stanley. I would be just as shocked and they were saying how many times can you draft at OL and how defense is such a huge need. They are 2nd to last in sacks and QB hits, but at the same time I think they were last in rushing or rushing tds, something like that, even though they took a rb in the first round. So they are kind of going all in with that thought process.

Who knows it could be all smoke and mirrors at this point and could be Tunsil or Ramsey, but they were saying Bosa, Buckner and Stanley are the names that keep popping up...which is extremely shocking to me.

Ahh, yeah I don't really listen to SD radio (or any radio at all, for that matter) that late. Damn kids. :unsure:

I listen during the day, and the sentiment a week ago (from multiple quoted sources) was that you just dropped $43M (or whatever it was) on shoring up your OL - albeit on middling talent - and that drafting someone who's pro ready and able to step in and start from Day One would just be a bad business decision. Or at minimum, the OL signings were bad business decisions. Evidenced by them now saying they'll take the #2 overall OL in the draft, a guy whose commitment and love/passion for the game is in question.

Why not draft for ANOTHER position of need, one that you DIDN'T just drop $43M on?

Funny how trolls here were questioning that this was even talked about :lol: .... silly internet.

Anyways, I did review more of Tunsil's tape and could see how the Bolts may just bite the bullet and take him. Again, it's my opinion that it would represent a bad business decision but those have been made before and will be made again. And again it's my opinion that Jalen Ramsey could be the best player in the draft, if not one of them, and also fits a position of dire need.

Only about 8 or 9 hours until the trolls show up and tell me how wrong I was. Fortunately I'll have about a gallon of beer in me and won't give two flying effs. Not that I would anyways. :lol:

Edited by darin3