[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***OFFICIAL*** 2016 NFL Draft Thread

bud29

Ahh, yeah I don't really listen to SD radio (or any radio at all, for that matter) that late. Damn kids. :unsure:

I listen during the day, and the sentiment a week ago (from multiple quoted sources) was that you just dropped $43M (or whatever it was) on shoring up your OL - albeit on middling talent - and that drafting someone who's pro ready and able to step in and start from Day One would just be a bad business decision. Or at minimum, the OL signings were bad business decisions. Evidenced by them now saying they'll take the #2 overall OL in the draft, a guy whose commitment and love/passion for the game is in question.

Why not draft for ANOTHER position of need, one that you DIDN'T just drop $43M on?

Funny how trolls here were questioning that this was even talked about :lol: .... silly internet.

Anyways, I did review more of Tunsil's tape and could see how the Bolts may just bite the bullet and take him. Again, it's my opinion that it would represent a bad business decision but those have been made before and will be made again. And again it's my opinion that Jalen Ramsey could be the best player in the draft, if not one of them, and also fits a position of dire need.

Only about 8 or 9 hours until the trolls show up and tell me how wrong I was. Fortunately I'll have about a gallon of beer in me and won't give two flying effs. Not that I would anyways. :lol:

Yeah I only got to listen because my wife made me go to the store and let's just say it took me alot longer to get 3 items then she could ever imagine. I feel like they need to take either DL or Ramsey. I just don't see why taking here, you have to trust that these guys may get better. Plus that defense was terrible last year. I want them to go Buckner, for selfish reasons (that would mean one of the players I have ranked as cream of the crop falls to the 49ers) and I think he would be tremendous for that D-Line.

Yeah I only got to listen because my wife made me go to the store and let's just say it took me alot longer to get 3 items then she could ever imagine. I feel like they need to take either DL or Ramsey. I just don't see why taking here, you have to trust that these guys may get better. Plus that defense was terrible last year. I want them to go Buckner, for selfish reasons (that would mean one of the players I have ranked as cream of the crop falls to the 49ers) and I think he would be tremendous for that D-Line.

Now the Bolts say they've wanted one guy all along...

To me, this means it's not Tunsil, since before the Titans/Rams trade everyone and their mother was mocking him to the Titans at 1.

This gives some credence to the Stanley pick, which I think is insane. But it could also point to either Bosa or Ramsey.... or even Buckner.

Edited by darin3

Stanley is what I've been hearing as well. Run blocking being the reason(coach mikey repeated over and over about getting run game working). I dnc as we need help on both sides of the ball. Tunsil seems more right than Stanley, meh...If we go defense though I'd be ok with Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner. :brew:

Took a long walk down to Draft Town today around lunch - lots of security and it's bitterly cold. Really a great set up though - lots of buzz and excitement in Chicago today. I would go back tonight if it was a nicer temperature.

Wimp! Get back out there! Geez. I'm dealing with a mostly cloudy sky for F**k sake. It's not even 75 degrees here!

I'm more happy for the upcoming post-draft fantasy mocks...but let's hope the Steelers do something about their secondary for real football's sake

Cowboys at 4, man o man. What a day. This could be the day we make the move that takes us over the tippy top.

We could be looking at Ramsey, E squared, Bosa or even Buckner. We could trade out of the pick and come back and get someone but I don't see that happening. I have to believe they look at what they were when they had Murray go for 429 and the NFL rushing record. That in itself has me to believing they have to go Zeke if they believe he is as good as the top 5 backs in the league day one. If that is the case he impacts the TEAM far more then Ramsey or anyone else for that matter.

Lest we forget, the defense will be fine if the offense is controlling the ball and scoring points. That solves A LOT of problems. The pass rush gets better as teams have to pass more to come from behind and the offense is more efficient.

Draft Zeke and then go get you some young knuckle draggers in the later rounds to fill out the DL and secondary. I love Ramsey but he doesn't impact the TEAM as much as Zeke would. I also love the fact that Zeke can block which is perhaps just as important as running the football.

Best case scenario we trade back and get Zeke, trade back up and grab Dodd with the extra pick.

What a day for the Cowboys. This is going to be a great day.

Edited by Cowboyz1

The only question I can't answer is this. Can the Cowboys draft Ramsey and then get another back as good or better then Zeke in the second or late first? Are there other backs that end up with better production then Zeke and can be plucked later. That would be a perfect draft.

You can easily watch what ever you want online. Just google it and read how to watch what you want. Load adblock to Chrome and enjoy.

I will have to try this if time permits. Both my kids are sick. As am I. My goal of kids in bed and dad sitting with beer and nachos may not happen this year.

Took a long walk down to Draft Town today around lunch - lots of security and it's bitterly cold. Really a great set up though - lots of buzz and excitement in Chicago today. I would go back tonight if it was a nicer temperature.

Denver is trying to get draft in 2019 I think. I would love to go to the events around it.

ginger (the really bad word)ing screw Jerry and his ginger pick. You were suppose to take Ramsey! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Tunsil, the gas mask Josh Gordon smoking mother(the really bad word)er that found God, is good compensation but I'm still angry with you Jerry!

If the Chiefs can land Mackensie Alexander at 2.06, I'll be very happy with that trade down. Also interested in Myles Jack - draft him, get him the surgery he needs right away, and then let him step in for Derrick Johnson.

I heard they had a vagisil stand set up. You should have stopped in

• Like 3

Yuck - story this morning that the Chiefs tried to trade up for Treadwell. Glad that didn't happen. Not that I think Treadwell is bad, but Smith will not be throwing the 50/50 balls he needs to succeed.