[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft predictions (bold or not)

BeeR

You can decide how bold or not these are:

- Rams take Goff, well aware of the "home town guy" factor helping put butts in the seats (obviously you can make a case for either QB generally).

- SD will not take Tunsil. This will be Bosa or Ramsey, maybe Buckner.

- No way DAL takes Elliot. This will also be one of the 3 players above.

- CLE trades back again, with MIA, and probably select a defensive stud w/their pick, which is a shame, given how barren they've been at the skill positions since oh almost forever. MIA takes Elliot.

- Grigson effs up the Colt's picks. Again. :angry:

- Once again everyone predicts secondary help for PIT in the 1st and once again they pick something else.

Somewhat bolder:

- The P Lynch hype goes into high gear and he zooms all the way up to SF (or CLE if they don't trade down). But he is not a Top 10 prospect. Regardless, seeing where he goes could be one of the most interesting story lines in the draft.

- Hackenberg falls to the 3d round. The bonehead draft dorks on ESPN/etc act surprised. Peter King scratches his head, makes some gay remark about Starbucks, and giggles. (OK that last part's not bold.)

- N.O. stupifies everyone by not taking a D player with their pick.

- TEN also surprises many by being the first team to take a WR (Treadwell). DET takes one after that and either HOU or MIN trades up before the top-tier guys are gone to get one.

You can decide how bold or not these are:

- Rams take Goff, well aware of the "home town guy" factor helping put butts in the seats (obviously you can make a case for either QB generally).

- SD will not take Tunsil. This will be Bosa or Ramsey, maybe Buckner.

- No way DAL takes Elliot. This will also be one of the 3 players above.

- CLE trades back again, with MIA, and probably select a defensive stud w/their pick, which is a shame, given how barren they've been at the skill positions since oh almost forever. MIA takes Elliot.

- Grigson effs up the Colt's picks. Again. :angry:

- Once again everyone predicts secondary help for PIT in the 1st and once again they pick something else.

Somewhat bolder:

- The P Lynch hype goes into high gear and he zooms all the way up to SF (or CLE if they don't trade down). But he is not a Top 10 prospect. Regardless, seeing where he goes could be one of the most interesting story lines in the draft.

- Hackenberg falls to the 3d round. The bonehead draft dorks on ESPN/etc act surprised. Peter King scratches his head, makes some gay remark about Starbucks, and giggles. (OK that last part's not bold.)

- N.O. stupifies everyone by not taking a D player with their pick.

- TEN also surprises many by being the first team to take a WR (Treadwell). DET takes one after that and either HOU or MIN trades up before the top-tier guys are gone to get one.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Saints take Treadwell. OL is a possibility too if they like someone enough. DL is certainly a big need, but it's an uncommonly deep year for DTs, so they could risk waiting for a Treadwell.

Bosa would be a bold pick for SD. I think Myles Jack is the surprise SD pick. Tunsil, Buckner, and Ramsey have all been talked about by Telesco to some degree. Telesco spoke the least about Buckner so that's probably his pick, ha.

Wouldn't be surprised to see NE finally change the MO and trade up this year knowing their all in the final few years of Brady era.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Saints take Treadwell. OL is a possibility too if they like someone enough. DL is certainly a big need, but it's an uncommonly deep year for DTs, so they could risk waiting for a Treadwell.

Very deep - grades between a 1st and 3rd rounder are pretty slim. I think they should take Rankins - he would help immediately.

Wouldn't be surprised to see NE finally change the MO and trade up this year 4%:-| knowing their all in the final few years of Brady era.

Idk about this one. I don't see the incentive. They already have limited picks. Back to back picks at 60/61. A need for them is on both lines, and there should be some decent players available in the late 2nd round.

NE does have major needs on both lines, but also has a major need for a playmaker on Offense. They'd likely have to give up a future pick due to their limited picks in this draft, but if Doctson falls in the range of the early 20's, they could deal. They need someone to stretch the field and give Brady another option.

NE does have major needs on both lines, but also has a major need for a playmaker on Offense. They'd likely have to give up a future pick due to their limited picks in this draft, but if Doctson falls in the range of the early 20's, they could deal. They need someone to stretch the field and give Brady another option.

Theyd have to give up alot to move from 60 to 20. And I don't know if any team in that range would be willing to trade out of the first round completely.

Edited by AX2RUN

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the league office was very peticular about the loss of draft pick. So the Patriots will lose the highest pick they have. So If they trade up to 20, the would lose pick 20 and then have their original pick in the 1st rd.

"The Patriots can trade into the first round, but as part of the NFL's Deflategate penalties they would have to surrender whatever pick is highest -- what they acquired or the No. 29 pick that was taken away by the league."

So if that's the case, why pay the price for a 1st rd if you could trade into the early 2nd?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the league office was very peticular about the loss of draft pick. So the Patriots will lose the highest pick they have. So If they trade up to 20, the would lose pick 20 and then have their original pick in the 1st rd.

"The Patriots can trade into the first round, but as part of the NFL's Deflategate penalties they would have to surrender whatever pick is highest -- what they acquired or the No. 29 pick that was taken away by the league."

So if that's the case, why pay the price for a 1st rd if you could trade into the early 2nd?

Great point! I did not realize this was how the penalty came down. Kinda crazy how much the NFL works to limit open competition and the free market...

I think it was to try and stop what happened in the 2008 draft where the Patriots lost their 1st rd because of SpyGate. However they traded up to 10 to draft Mayo. The NFL was a little upset about it!

Right... but by moving up, the Patriots would lose additional picks, so in effect, as long as whoever the traded with put together an intelligent trade package, the Pats would end up losing even more by moving up.

Miami trades back up

Cleveland moves down

Dallas takes the wrong guy

M. Jack falls past the top 12

Someone trades up for Elliot (likely Miami unless someone moves to 4 to get him)

One of the college players who will be at the draft doesn't get picked until the 3rd round

Jaylon Smith gets picked by NE in the 3rd