[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Lewis & Chris Carter reportedly cut by ESPN

Lloyd Dobler

Chris carter is a punk and Ray Lewis is a murderer. Good riddance to both.

• Like 1

I liked Cris Carter when he was on Inside the NFL; between Carter Marino and Collinsworth there was interesting commentary and analysis.Carter should have had a fall guy so he wouldn't have gotten in trouble when he encouraged players to have a fall guy. When those 3 were on the show they did a good job and complemented each other very well.

• Like 1

I liked Carter and thought he had some good analysis but really don't watch much of those shows. I'd watch the last 10-15 minutes of Monday Night Countdown to see C'Mon Man segment, and might watch the picks and last on field stuff. Ray just screamed a lot, well they all did Young and Dilfer too. Maybe it was the field noise.

Either way none of it matters much, even if they were announcers of the game changing doesn't matter to me. I don't hate any so much that I have to mute them, or will skip the game, nor none I love so much I'd watch a game just to hear them. (Like Tirico leaving ESPN & MNF to go to NBC and do some of their TNF games, maybe eventually SNF when Al retires, being replcaced on MNF by Sean McDonnough, I'd be watching those games no matter who the announcer is.)

They are all terrible. Burn the whole thing to the ground. It's a crying shame what has happened to sports broadcasting.

It's really hard to argue with this. Seems like they're all more interested in keeping the Overlord happy, or at least not antagonizing the NFL in any way.

Ray Lewis was atrocious. Cris Carter was passable but barely so. The parade of ex-players that bring no insightful analysis to the coverage needs to stop.

• Like 2

They need to cut people at a lot of those pre and post game shows. Espn is down to van pelt for me and he doesn't do either of those things. I've gotten where I don't watch either of them anymore.

Occasionally I'll listen to Mike & Mike during my commute and usually listen during the NFL season, but I haven't actually watched ESPN for anything other than games in about 4 years and don't miss it one bit.

• Like 1

Too many hours to fill, too many sports channels. too many former somebody's who want to talk and will be paid since people listen.

Like many have said I rarely watch pre/post game shows (really for any sport). I used to watch some of the NFLN stuff like the shows on Friday/Saturday looking at the matchups (Brian Billick, and some others) but haven't for a few years.