[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early Keeper question-need 2

uofmfan

12 Team 1/2 ppr, start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1flex,1k,1def. Picking 12th in snake draft. Can keep 2 players for a max of 2 seasons, slotted up to 2 rounds earlier from original draft round. (original rd. drafted)

Roster:

qb: newton (8)

rb: abdullah(3),gurley(6),D.Martin (5)D.johnson(10)

wr:*brown(1)*,green(2),cooks(4),jordy(15),benjamin(16)

te:eifert(12),reed(15)

I picked up jordy and benjamin late season and stashed them, and kept brown last year, so only one year left to keep him.

Love the value of Jordy and d.johnson, but know I will probably loose brown and gurley before its my turn at the end of the first. Love to hear some strategies. We don't announce our keepers until the draft starts in order of the draft, so I will get to see everyones keepers before I put mine in. TIA

Edited by uofmfan

Still early so reserve the right to change my opinion of course, but if choosing now:

Gurley is the no brainer, IMO, even for a 3rd round pick.

2nd one is a bit trickier -

• Brown presents value as the #12 pick
  • Newton for a 4th is also about right. He'll be taken a lot ealier in most drafts than I personally am comfortable taking a QB (guessing he goes late 1st to mid 2nd in most drafts), but if he can continue doing what he did last season he is a value pick for a 4th
  • Johnson for a 10th is good value but I wouldn't call him a real difference maker, even as a 10th round pick
  • Jordy for an 11th and Benjamin for a 13th are decent value but a lot riskier as we don;t know much about how they are going to be coming off of their respective injuries

I think I follow the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method here and go with Brown. He's as close of a lock to a top 3 WR as there is and it gives you true difference makers at RB1 and WR1, and you still have the 1st pick in the 2nd round to add BPA because of the flexibility you have by keeping a top RB and WR

If the players move up 2 rounds how can you keep brown and ajg, I would expect them to be forced back into the general pool of players, leaving you with

gurley (for a 4th)

Newton (for a 6th)

d johnson (for an 8th)

jordy (for a 13th)

benjamin (for a 14th)

gotta agree with gurley, and i'm tempted to stag johnson for the 8th, the double up on wr at the turn (its the deeper position) , but if wr is depleted, you have to keep one of benjamin an jordy

if i kept brown and green i would loose my 1st and 2nd rounder. I'm leaning toward the strategy you stated at the end, i'll have a slight advantage of seeing everyone's keepers before i slot mine in, so if people are keeping wr's/or everyone still has their 1st round pick, i'll probably keep jordy or even brown with gurley or d.johnson, if rb's are kept i'll keep both rb's and go back to back on wr. What's your thoughts on Johnson this year, i've seen a lot of different opinions, i've seem him go as high as #5 overall to as late as mid 2nd round in mocks.

I think you have to keep Brown. He is worth the 12 pick and then some, especially in PPR. After that I think it's a toss up between Gurley in the 4th and DJ in the 8th. I would wait and see who everyone is keeping. If everyone keeps a first rounder then you would have first choice in the 2nd round and could grab Gurley to add to DJ and AB. I doubt that happens, but you never know.

Edited by jkraft896