[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early Auction Draft Keeper Question

16-team 1 PPR League Auction draft. Play 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE Flex. Keep up to 4. $200 auction budget. For the [up to] 4 keepers, auction value increases by $5 than what the went for at last year's draft. Last year was inaugural year, which is why Nelson only went for $2 - draft was after the injury, and he sat on my bench all year. Possible keepers and keeper price listed below:

QB: Carr ($8); Dalton ($6)

WR: Julio ($65); OBJ ($67); K. Allen ($23); Jordy Nelson ($7)

RB: L. Murray ($38); Charcandrick West ($6); D. Will ($6); Woodhead ($8)

TE: Kelce ($25); Z. Miller ($6)

I won the league and would love to repeat, so I'm looking for best value in order to be able to overspend on stud RBs in the draft (top players tend to go way over value in this league). I think Nelson and Allen are obvious at those prices. I think either of my QBs are solid choices, though I'm leaning toward Carr. Last would probably by either Julio or OBJ, as I would then have an amazing WR group and could focus remaining draft funds on RB and TE. The only RB I have that I would consider keeping is Woodhead b/c PPR (good value). I'd keep him instead of Carr.

Would like to hear people's thoughts on who to keep out of these guys. Are either of my TEs worth keeping at those prices instead of one my my other keepers?

Edited by Air It Out

Idk how many keepers you get, sounds like 4? I don't think you should keep a TE unless you have gronk. I don't believe in keeping qbs but I understand that it may be a necessity in a 16 team league. I think your best option is to keep Carr if you need to keep a qb, good value. First and foremost u should lock up Jordy, great value. Then I think u take odell due to strength of schedule as the julio will face tougher corners it really doesn't matter which one you take though. That's 3 now the last decision is Keenan or Latavius I think because while that is great value for Keenan I do believe Latavius is a solid rb with equal injury risk to Keenan and it will give u stability at wr and rb. Latavius does seem over or precisely valued whereas Keenan is undervalued so Keenan could be better value. It's tough but I think you go Jordy, Carr, Odell, Keenan just make sure you get some good rb talent in the draft. Thanks for replying to my post man.

Thanks. Should have mentioned that it is up to 4 keepers. I don't have to keep 4, but I think there are at least 4 worthy keepers at these values. I don't think L. Murray will be all that desired next year, and I think I can get him back for less money than last year, so I'm willing to risk not keeping him to have K. Allen. Plus, it's a full point PPR league, so WR matter a little bit more.

• 1 month later...

Keeping Jordy and K Allen are no brainers. Allen could catch 120 balls this year. IM then keeping Julio.

At that point, I dont know how to predict your league. IM thinking you can get a qb later..... sothen it comes down to a RB and with a full PPR, I make take Woodhead.

TE is at a premium, as there are about 5-6 that could be difference makers. Sure Gron is the standard, but Eifert,Olson,Reed, and Kelce are worth some money.

That last pick is up to you and how your league drafts, but no doubt Im keeping Jordy, Allen, and Julio.

I agree Nelson and Allen are locks, and that you should also keep one of the stud WR's (if you are comfortable with the big price tag). If you are not going to spend big on QB (which I think is the right move), then I would lock in either Carr or Dalton at a bargain price since they both have very favorable schedules, and have potential to be QB1's.

Definitely keep Nelson and Allen. That is a lot of money to put into wide receivers, but I think the value of keeping Jones or Beckham in a PPR is too much to pass on. I would personally go with Beckham, but you'd be okay with either one. That would leave you with 103 dollars. The questions I would ask are:

1) Could you get a QB comparable to Carr for 8? I would say yes.

2) Could you get a RB2 comparable to Woodhead for 8? I would say no. My guess is his price would be a little bit higher than that. I see most places value him at about $8, but once you take into account the inflation made by the cheap keeper picks (e.g. Nelson for $7) he'd probably go for the mid teens or potentially higher if someone really needs a RB. Also, at $8 in a PPR, he'd be a low risk, relatively high reward player.

For those reasons, I'd keep Beckham (or Jones if you'd prefer), Nelson, Allen, and Woodhead. That would give you $95 to spend on 1 RB, 1 TE, and a QB (+d/k/reserves). Very manageable indeed.

Edited by brittle