[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon

InTomWeTrust

God help me but I just can't quit Josh Gordon. I am hoping if he gets reinstated that the Browns release him and he goes somewhere with a stable front office, coach and team. Yes, I hope he goes to the Patriots. Gordon would give Brady his best WR since Moss - and that worked out well.

Deep down I know most likely Gordon will not get reinstated or he will and fail another test, but until that happens, I just can't quit Josh Gordon.

• Like 1

At what point does the time he's spent away from the game become a concern?

Can he still be that elite WR if its a five year gap between games because of the suspensions?

I believe he can. He is still young and has almost no wear and tear on him. The upside of Gordon is just too much for me to give up on. If he is suspended again, I'll cut him from my dynasty team. But until then, I'd rather hold a one in a million lottery ticket for my final roster spot.

I believe he can. He is still young and has almost no wear and tear on him. The upside of Gordon is just too much for me to give up on. If he is suspended again, I'll cut him from my dynasty team. But until then, I'd rather hold a one in a million lottery ticket for my final roster spot.

He is always going to be one (the really bad word) up away from useless, and the fact that he can't even past this early test just continues to point to this guy being done. Someone will offer a 2017 pick for him, time to cash in and dump this drama queen.

• 2 weeks later...

He is always going to be one smoochie up away from useless, and the fact that he can't even past this early test just continues to point to this guy being done. Someone will offer a 2017 pick for him, time to cash in and dump this drama queen.

Yeah that's my other issue aside from the time away from the game affecting him. Can't really bank on him in anything other than re-drafts, if he gets reinstated, unless you're already invested.

• 1 month later...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

The Cleveland Plain Dealer believes the Browns could welcome suspended WR Josh Gordon back if he's reinstated when first eligible in August.
ESPN's Pat McManamon guessed in May that the team would move on from the troubled wideout, but beat writer May Kay Cabot believes new coach Hue Jackson will be "surprised" by Gordon. Cabot expects Jackson to "look (Gordon) in the eyes and try to determine if he's as committed as he needs to be." For all the headaches he's caused, it's hard to believe the Browns would move on from a player as talented as Gordon. Unlike Johnny Manziel, he's an actual star, and his transgressions have been less serious. Jul 19 - 7:02 PM

Hey, Mary Kay: If Josh Gordon is reinstated, do you think the club keeps him or will try to immediately trade him because he can't be trusted? — Richard Hitt, Casselberry, Fla.

Hey, Richard: If Gordon is reinstated after he's eligible to apply on Aug. 1, the Browns will sit down with him and assess where he's at. Hue Jackson has said everyone will begin with a clean slate and that includes Gordon. Jackson will look him in the eyes and try to determine if he's as committed as he needs to be. I'm guessing that Jackson will be surprised by Gordon, who's nothing like his public personna. Jackson just has to decide if he thinks Gordon can stay clean and not test positive again, which would result in another indefinite suspension. Jim Brown told cleveland.com that Gordon's been in rehab, which should help his case with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. But no one knows yet if it will be enough for reinstatement, or enough for the Browns to trust him.

• Like 1

he'll never get reinstated.

Wouldn't say never but I don't see it happening in August, or really anytime this year. He had a chance to be reinstated and had tested positive for drugs, again. At least that is what I remember.

The Browns have not gotten rid of him, there is no reason to and if he is reinstated I would expect them to try and use him on the team to give them more receiving weapons. They might even trade him, but I doubt it since his risk means he has very low value.

• Like 1

The meeting with Goodell is part of the process for reinstatement and doesn't necessarily mean he'll get the green light

I know that, but the story came out talking about the Browns being willing to give him a chance was probably tied to the media knowing that he was scheduled to have a meeting with Goodell. Yes it is the first step, and when he applied before I don't think he got to that step, his reinstatement was summarily denied by Goodell because of a failed test (missed test I think, but that's counts as a fail).