[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon

InTomWeTrust

Sign me up for Gordon. He always comes with a risk that he will repeat offend and we lose him again, possibly for good. However, his talent is not in question, although his QB's talent is shaky at best. Still think he's worth the risk at the right value.

Sign me up for Gordon. He always comes with a risk that he will repeat offend and we lose him again, possibly for good. However, his talent is not in question, although his QB's talent is shaky at best. Still think he's worth the risk at the right value.

Do you have a podcast though?

• Like 2

I'll be buying in ....again. Much like how Josh Gordon can quit Josh Gordon, I can't quit Josh Gordon. I will take him way too early as my #4 WR, and then pray to the fantasy gods that he has a big second half of the year and propels me into the playoffs.

But deep down, I know the pick will be wasted, Josh will get wasted and my season will be wasted.

Josh Gordon is my Josh Gordon. God help me.

The struggle is real, friend. I'm here for you.

• Like 1

Who is Chris Harris?

He's a fantasy football "expert". He worked for ESPN and now runs his own website/podcast. I guess he is saying that your thoughts there are along the line of Chris Harris's opinion on the matter.

I agree with a previous poster who valued him in the 6th round. That's a perfect round for his value. However, I'll take him in the 5th because let's face it, other than qbs, every fifth round pick is rather risky and uncertain. So why not take that level of risk in exchange for a guy who, when lucid, is a 1st round producer? I'm not letting him get by me in the 5th. If he tanks, wasting a 5th on him is not going to hurt. If he pans out the way he can, that's a championship move.

I agree with a previous poster who valued him in the 6th round. That's a perfect round for his value. However, I'll take him in the 5th because let's face it, other than qbs, every fifth round pick is rather risky and uncertain. So why not take that level of risk in exchange for a guy who, when lucid, is a 1st round producer? I'm not letting him get by me in the 5th. If he tanks, wasting a 5th on him is not going to hurt. If he pans out the way he can, that's a championship move.

If he returns, stays out of trouble and is healthy, good luck getting him in the 5th Rd :lol:

At this point, we know Josh Gordon will be back after his 4 game suspension but the question should be whether he will return to elite performance. With some much uncertainty at the Browns QB position and Josh's middling performance during his last 5 games in 2014, buyer beware.

5th round is a good round to take a tight end. Greg Olsen has a 5th round adp. Though there are so many good tight ends, I might wait until round 13 to take one.

I wouldn't say there are "so many good tight ends". There are a lot of TEs that are about the same, though. I wouldn't let it slip past TE10-11 though. Then it kinda gets ugly. But honestly, difference between TE2-3 and TE8-10 is really not that big of a difference IMO.

I wouldn't say there are "so many good tight ends". There are a lot of TEs that are about the same, though. I wouldn't let it slip past TE10-11 though. Then it kinda gets ugly. But honestly, difference between TE2-3 and TE8-10 is really not that big of a difference IMO.

what about antonio gates and martellus bennett tho

I like a lot of the tight ends outside the top 10. I'd be happy with Julius Thomas (11th), Antonio Gates (12th), Martellus Bennett (15th), or Jason Witten (17th). Jared Cook somehow has the 26th highest adp (184 adp overall). I'll even take a gamble on Jimmy Graham (18th) and see if he returns to form.

At this point, we know Josh Gordon will be back after his 4 game suspension but the question should be whether he will return to elite performance. With some much uncertainty at the Browns QB position and Josh's middling performance during his last 5 games in 2014, buyer beware.

He is scheduled to return after 4 game suspension, but lets not pretend the chance is anywhere near zero that he doesn't get into trouble again and miss time. I think he does get it finally and will stay clean.

Agree Browns have a questionable QB situation, and yes his performance when he returned in 2014 was horrible. But as I've pointed out before, equating that return in 2014 to his planned return in week 5 of 2016 are apples and oranges. In 2014 he expected to sit out all year, and was not with the team in camp at all. He bascially had his suspension lifted and returned to practice then played immediately.

Another thing to consider keeper/dynasty leagues should value him more than a redraft. The chance to get somebody like him with a low pick and have him MAYBE become a long term stud for your team is huge.

what about antonio gates and martellus bennett tho

What about them?

I like a lot of the tight ends outside the top 10. I'd be happy with Julius Thomas (11th), Antonio Gates (12th), Martellus Bennett (15th), or Jason Witten (17th). Jared Cook somehow has the 26th highest adp (184 adp overall). I'll even take a gamble on Jimmy Graham (18th) and see if he returns to form.

I have a feeling the Jaguar offense takes a small step back this year. Additionally, I think they run a little more. I would be nervous with Thomas as my TE1.

Gates I like. Only thing that concerns me is age - obviously - and I think that they do bring Hunter Henry on towards the middle part of the season.

Bennett is a hot commodity right now with the whole Patriot 2-TE set but let's not forget, Brady is out the first four games and Gronk will never be supplanted as the #1 TE there. As a flier late in the draft, sure.... but if you're rolling Bennett out as your every week starter, you're in trouble. IMO.

Witten will again be steady, and I'm banking on him in a 16-team dynasty as my every week starter, but I'm absolutely loaded elsewhere. With depth to boot. So if that's the case, sure... Witten is OK. But in a redraft format where I may not be as stacked, I'd rather spend a higher pick and ensure myself of a top-10 TE.

As for Cook, he's not even projected as the starter right now. The Packer offense will be back on track but there's just so much unknown when it comes to him there. As a late round flier, I'd rather have Bennett.

Graham is intriguing though. The guy's obviously talented and the injury will scare folks off. If you can get him late, he's a nifty little flier.

• Like 2

What about them?

I have a feeling the Jaguar offense takes a small step back this year. Additionally, I think they run a little more. I would be nervous with Thomas as my TE1.

Gates I like. Only thing that concerns me is age - obviously - and I think that they do bring Hunter Henry on towards the middle part of the season.

Bennett is a hot commodity right now with the whole Patriot 2-TE set but let's not forget, Brady is out the first four games and Gronk will never be supplanted as the #1 TE there. As a flier late in the draft, sure.... but if you're rolling Bennett out as your every week starter, you're in trouble. IMO.

Witten will again be steady, and I'm banking on him in a 16-team dynasty as my every week starter, but I'm absolutely loaded elsewhere. With depth to boot. So if that's the case, sure... Witten is OK. But in a redraft format where I may not be as stacked, I'd rather spend a higher pick and ensure myself of a top-10 TE.

As for Cook, he's not even projected as the starter right now. The Packer offense will be back on track but there's just so much unknown when it comes to him there. As a late round flier, I'd rather have Bennett.

Graham is intriguing though. The guy's obviously talented and the injury will scare folks off. If you can get him late, he's a nifty little flier.

I agree with just about everything you say here except for the Jags part. I think they stay steady eddie and repeat similar numbers. Otherwise, excellent and useful descriptions.

I agree with just about everything you say here except for the Jags part. I think they stay steady eddie and repeat similar numbers. Otherwise, excellent and useful descriptions.

Let me qualify my statement: they added a solid, between-the-tackles runner in Chris Ivory. They'll still employ Yeldon plenty but I see a 50/50 split... which suggests more proficient rushing stats. They were fifth-lowest in YPC in 2015 (3.7 ypc). Chris Ivory has been a 4+ ypc guy his entire career.

The biggest thing, though, is a much-improved defense. Dante Fowler is supposedly tearing it up in camp. They will have a legit pass rush this year. Jags were second-to-last in scoring defense in 2015. They had to throw to keep up. Don't think that'll be the case this season.

Edited by darin3

• 1 month later...

Nice shot at all the Josh Gordon truthers like myself.

Gordon has been sitting on three of my dynasty teams for the last 2 + years eating up contract and roster space. Finally, all of the Josh Gordon owners shall be rewarded. Josh Gordon Owners Rejoice! Our time is NOW!!!

I stand corrected. Forget everything I said. This guy is an idiot!

• Like 1