[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle Backfield

michaelredd9

What is wrong with Yahoo! leagues?

In my opinion nothing. They got a bad connotation in the beginning because the leagues were free. A lot of people play in Yahoo money leagues now. Yahoo is free and it has the least issues compared to other sites.

In my opinion nothing. They got a bad connotation in the beginning because the leagues were free. A lot of people play in Yahoo money leagues now. Yahoo is free and it has the least issues compared to other sites.

In a baseball league on there and 50% of the time the website doesn't load up fully when I go on so I have to refresh. So many glitches I daren't try it for Football.

DMD basically has it right. Popular thought here before the draft is that they were going to transition Rawls into the new Lynch. He did look really good last year. Remember though that just one year ago he was an undrafted rookie, and he isn't big nor fast, so his ceiling is still in debate. John Schneider (GM) had an interview around the draft where he didn't sound as enthusiastic about Rawls as I would have anticipated. Injury concerns and ceiling concerns. Or he could legitimately lead the NFC in rushing yards. The Seahawks run it a ton, and he looked really, really good last year, and already authored the two biggest rushing games in Seahawks history.

The guy to watch here is CJ Prosise. The Seahawks were so desperate for a 3rd down back that they signed Fred Jackson last season. Prior to that they were trying to use Robert Turbin in this role. They could really use a dynamic playmaker on 3rd downs. There is a possibility of some hay to be had there. Enter Prosise, a dynamic, converted WR, but he's also got 6'1, 220 type size and some wiggle. I think he walks into the 3rd down role instantly, and earns a larger role if he performs. I think Bevell (OC) is salivating about ways to get this kid involved.

Michael will have a shot here also, but will really need to show strong in the preseason to even make the team. After drafting 3 RB's in the draft, and getting Rawls back, even the Huddle type Michael supporters have to think the writing is on the wall. If he were a guy that would have worked on his craft during the offseason and could come out and just explode in the preseason, he'd have a good chance to do something, but we know that didn't happen.

What concerns me about CJ Prosise is that SEA ranked only 29th and 28th in RB catches the last two seasons. SEA brought in Fred Jackson who had 66-501-1 catching balls in BUF in 2014 but only managed 32-257-2 last year in SEA. And the Seahawks are throwing downfield much more than they have for many years. Not to say Prosise cannot quickly turn into a productive third down back, but the SEA offense has not employed a third down back much in the past and that was even when they had Lynch who almost never caught a pass.

What concerns me about CJ Prosise is that SEA ranked only 29th and 28th in RB catches the last two seasons. SEA brought in Fred Jackson who had 66-501-1 catching balls in BUF in 2014 but only managed 32-257-2 last year in SEA. And the Seahawks are throwing downfield much more than they have for many years. Not to say Prosise cannot quickly turn into a productive third down back, but the SEA offense has not employed a third down back much in the past and that was even when they had Lynch who almost never caught a pass.

Have they not wanted to throw to backs, or have they had Turbin and a way done Fred Jackson as their third down backs? I'm betting a bit of both. One small note is that when the Seahawks offense started to explode last season, it was because of a shorter rhythmic passing game, which they had not had at all under Russell Wilson until that point. They actually looked to go deep less often. I agree that CJ Prosise is probably not startable solely as a 3rd down back, but if he plays well in that role, he could earn other carries as well, and he does have the body to be able to take them. He might be a dynamic player.

My main point, and I should have probably made this a bit more clear, is that Prosise's upside makes him the one to take a flier on before Michael or Alex Collins.