[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which rookie/soph WRs are you personally high on?

pun

I didn't realize that the criteria of a "very solid pro" would be 2 decent years with a grand total of 14 TD's during that timespan. I guess that will translate to his offspring minus 2 knees and an inability to work at getting back into football.

I agree about the knees. I won't be drafting Breshad until he has a good year. But offering up his father as an argument as to why Breshad won't do anything is weak sauce. Brett Perriman was the consummate professional. He didn't have much in the way of physical tools, but he had as much drive as any player. That's why he got better and better each year and peaked at the age of 30. Getting 108 catches, 1,488 yards, and 9 touchdowns in a season is not doing "squachives". Brett Perriman was pure fantasy gold in 1995.

Breshad Perriman is 5 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than his father. Pre-knee injury, Breshad was maybe the fastest receiver in the NFL. If he inherited even a fraction of his father's determinism, he'll have a real chance of bouncing back.

• Like 3

Nope, I'll place money on it--he won't do anything in the NFL. 1 catch in preseason, torn hamstring out for season. Using genetics as a backdrop for a WR who has yet to even go through a full practice for one day let alone an NFL regular season game is an excellent, valuable source for future production. If you truly believe the father had this incredible fantasy career, please draft the hurt boy this year and start him in every league for every year until he can't practice no mo. Daddy's stats are horrid in fantasy football. Little Breshy can't even play Tecmo without tearing something. He sucks, admit it.

• Like 1

I'll place money on it

How much do you have in your piggy bank? I certainly don't want to take any of the $20/week allowance you get from your parents. How about we bet a case of Mountain Dew Code Red and a family size Cool Ranch Doritos?

Brett Perriman wasn't Calvin Johnson. He was an overachiever who lasted 10 years in the league while having little in the way of natural talent. His hard work paid off. He eventually helped many fantasy footballers win fantasy championships in 1995. His son, on the other hand, has hugh natural talent: 6'2" with 4.2 speed. Unfortunately, last year's knee injury was a PCL injury which is hard to come back from. If his knee injuries were of the ACL, I wouldn't be as worried. I won't be taking the risk of drafting him until he looks good. But that doesn't mean I'm counting him out. It just means I like to draft proven commodities over potential.

Here's a little advice: Lose the bravado. You talk in absolutes. It makes you sound childish. You clearly have a passion for and are knowledgeable about football for someone young. You aren't going to impress anyone here by acting like you know everything. Let your arguments speak for themselves.

• Like 3

How much do you have in your piggy bank? I certainly don't want to take any of the $20/week allowance you get from your parents. How about we bet a case of Mountain Dew Code Red and a family size Cool Ranch Doritos?

Brett Perriman wasn't Calvin Johnson. He was an overachiever who lasted 10 years in the league while having little in the way of natural talent. His hard work paid off. He eventually helped many fantasy footballers win fantasy championships in 1995. His son, on the other hand, has hugh natural talent: 6'2" with 4.2 speed. Unfortunately, last year's knee injury was a PCL injury which is hard to come back from. If his knee injuries were of the ACL, I wouldn't be as worried. I won't be taking the risk of drafting him until he looks good. But that doesn't mean I'm counting him out. It just means I like to draft proven commodities over potential.

Here's a little advice: Lose the bravado. You talk in absolutes. It makes you sound childish. You clearly have a passion for and are knowledgeable about football for someone young. You aren't going to impress anyone here by acting like you know everything. Let your arguments speak for themselves.

He likes his own posts, and is tossing his absolutes around like a candidate for Newbie Tool award. Good luck with reasoning. Not sure if the user name is something like a real name, or a play on jackwad

I've got a good feeling about Jameson Crowder. I'm gonna take a flyer on him in many drafts. It's very possible he and Reed become the top 2 targets on the team with PG and the rookie splitting time in 3 wide sets.

ehhh, maybe.... but they still have DJax as well. Crowder, right now is the 5th or 6th option for Kirk Cousins.... yeah, that gunslinging QB, Kirk Cousins.

DJax

Garcon

J. Reed

Doctson

RBs- Jones or Thompson (3rd down back)

Crowder

Last couple rounds, may as well and take a shot

• Like 1

ehhh, maybe.... but they still have DJax as well. Crowder, right now is the 5th or 6th option for Kirk Cousins.... yeah, that gunslinging QB, Kirk Cousins.

DJax

Garcon

J. Reed

Doctson

RBs- Jones or Thompson (3rd down back)

Crowder

Last couple rounds, may as well and take a shot

Come on mang. D-Jax the #1 option?

Look at his stats from 2016. From when he returned Week 9 through end of season he had 49 targets. That's a hair over 6 targets per game. Not exactly "#1 WR" type of numbers.

D-Jax is, and always will be, a downfield / speed guy.

Yes, Crowder's targets dipped after Week 9 but stayed busy enough.

Garcon was the target leader last year and will be again. Both he, Crowder and Reed will be the chain movers and Jackson will be the deep threat.

Edited by darin3

Look at his stats from 2016. From when he returned Week 9 through end of season he had 49 targets. That's a hair over 6 targets per game. Not exactly "#1 WR" type of numbers.

Garcon was the target leader last year and will be again. Both he, Crowder and Reed will be the chain movers and Jackson will be the deep threat.

This.

I was just listing the guys ahead of Crowder IMO, not necessarily in order. Garcon and Reed are the top 2 options. After DJax added as well and whatever RB is on the field at the time, I'm just not sure how much is left for Crowder assuming they want to get their 1st round pick on the field as well.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/337732/phillip-dorsett-in-line-for-breakout-season?ls=roto:IND:topheadlines

Phillip Dorsett in line for 'breakout season'

The Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer believes 2015 first-round WR Phillip Dorsett is in line for a "breakout season."

With Andre Johnson and Coby Fleener gone, the Colts are shifting to more of a three-wide offense after employing a ton of two-tight end sets with Fleener and Dwayne Allen in years past. Dorsett is taking over as the No. 3 receiver behind T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief. Dorsett missed five games as a rookie due to a broken fibula and played the final three games with Matt Hasselbeck, Josh Freeman, and Ryan Lindley. With a MyFantasyLeague.com ADP of 151 overall, Dorsett is an excellent late-round flier. He's going to be close to a full-time player in an offense that lost a ton of targets from 2015 and gets Andrew Luck back healthy.
Jul 25 - 8:03 PM

I've got a good feeling about Jameson Crowder. I'm gonna take a flyer on him in many drafts. It's very possible he and Reed become the top 2 targets on the team with PG and the rookie splitting time in 3 wide sets.

Man, I liked this guy and Aiken when they had their time to shine, but it seems like they're both being put on the backburner. They both were pretty consistent producers when given starts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/338176/chargers-wr-tyrell-williams-sees-1st-tm-reps?ls=roto:SD:topheadlines

Chargers WR Tyrell Williams sees 1st-tm reps

Chargers second-year WR Tyrell Williams "has seen extra work with the first-team offense" since Stevie Johnson tore his meniscus.

Reports immediately after Johnson's injury were that Williams jumped in with the first-team offense when Johnson went down. Dontrelle Inman is also in the mix for three-receiver snaps alongside Keenan Allen and Travis Benjamin. Williams stands 6-foot-4, 204 with 4.43 speed and a 39 1/2-inch vertical. He caught an 80-yard touchdown pass from Philip Rivers in Week 17 last year.
Aug 1 - 4:36 PM

I think Ezekiel Elliot has a good chance to see decent time and stats.

If your in a keeper league your guy should be breshad perriman. The latest injury should be seen as a minor blessing to those who have been watching him, and know he can potentially be the #1 WR for Baltimore over the next 12 months. With that said there's obviously the high injury risk, but you can honestly most likely steal him with your last pick in your draft. Not much to give up.... Also, not to sound to "spam" like, but this would be a good question/thread for DraftingSleepers.com - a new social media site just for fantasy sports.

If your in a keeper league your guy should be breshad perriman. The latest injury should be seen as a minor blessing to those who have been watching him, and know he can potentially be the #1 WR for Baltimore over the next 12 months. With that said there's obviously the high injury risk, but you can honestly most likely steal him with your last pick in your draft. Not much to give up.... Also, not to sound to "spam" like, but this would be a good question/thread for DraftingSleepers.com - a new social media site just for fantasy sports.

Because your not posting in a fantasy football message board at a fantasy football site or anything...

• Like 4

I'm on with Davonte Parker - think he gets plenty looks this season with Landry double-teamed

Still feel he relies too much on his size rather than improving his route running to make catches over CBs. Still looks a bit raw at the moment and thats what some of the Phins beat writers are saying in camp too.

That could be the difference between a decent WR and an elite WR for fantasy imo.

Trust me chief, there are better ways to get your name out there. Don't be a slimeball.

• Like 1

LOL D-Jax is 100% the Redskins #1 WR and option. You can't base your opinion on his stats last year. He didn't return until Week 9 and when he did return, he was still limited at times.

Even if just semantics, there's a bit of a difference between #1 WR for the team in terms of targets and #1 WR in terms of fantasy points or as a threat for the team I think, which might cause a bit of confusion. D-jax sees a bit less targets than Garcon but in terms of who you'd rather have on your fantasy team (or real team), gotta be D-jax right?

Edited by pun

LOL D-Jax is 100% the Redskins #1 WR and option. You can't base your opinion on his stats last year. He didn't return until Week 9 and when he did return, he was still limited at times.

LOL. Why can't I base my opinion on whatever the eff I want? OK, I'll play. How about 2014? 95 targets, 56 catches, 1,169 yards and 6 scores.

Garcon had 105 targets and 68 catches. Yes, the yards were lower than D-Jax but that only shows that D-Jax was the homerun threat.

Still not convinced? Shall I show you the 2013 stats?