[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Keeper league advice- who to keep?!

10 team keeper league, keep 3 as my first 3 picks (draft basically starts in Rd 4.). PPR format, roster looks like:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

RB/WR

RB/WR/TE

TE

DST

K

I draft 10/10 since I crushed the league last year. Who do I keep out of the following? Any advice is appreciated and I will try and help you out if you have a questions. Thank you all for the help!

Cam Newton

David Johnson

Matt Forte

Eddie Lacy

Julio Jones

DeAndre Hopkins

Jordy Nelson

Amari Cooper

Jones, Hopkins, and Cooper. You want to debate DJ go ahead, but those 4 are all potential first rounders (even in a 10 man) and with the way things stand/have been reported thus far Cooper is the better choice IMO.

Edited by Def.

I am thinking of loading up on the WR as well. You would take cooper over Nelson though? I held Nelson all of last year becaus I felt so secure with the rest of the team, and could use him back this year.

I personally think Coop has a higher ceiling. Coop is also 9 years younger and not coming off of ACL surgery which makes him the safer option in my view as well.

My fear with keeping cooper over Nelson is he is still somewhat unproven. Last year Crabtree kind of "took over" later in the year. Nelson is a legit top 10 WR with Rodgers there. Is Cam even in the conversation as a keeper? And what about David Johnson?

My teams have always been built from the RB out. I know the league is going pass heavy, but do I punt RBs and have to go high upside guys like Abdullah and Matt Jones and Ryan Mathews in the later rounds?

I personally would keep Nelson over Cooper. He is coming off an ACL surgery, but you know what you are going to get out of him and Rogers is going to rely on him even more after the disater of his other WRs were last year.

Hate this saying...really do. Cause as much as we like to speculate you really don't know what you're getting out of any player, especially when coming off of a major surgery on the other side of 30. All we can go off of is last year, and Nelson did not play.

My fear with keeping cooper over Nelson is he is still somewhat unproven. Last year Crabtree kind of "took over" later in the year. Nelson is a legit top 10 WR with Rodgers there. Is Cam even in the conversation as a keeper? And what about David Johnson?

My teams have always been built from the RB out. I know the league is going pass heavy, but do I punt RBs and have to go high upside guys like Abdullah and Matt Jones and Ryan Mathews in the later rounds?

His rookie season is better then Nelson's, Antonio Brown's, Dez's, Allen Robinson's, many many more. If you're saying that just because he was a rookie, then ODB was unproven going into last year too. And Raiders in general did awful towards the end last year. Compare Crabtree and Coopers stats and you'll see how little he "took over".

Regardless don't make a decision till your (assumed) deadline in August. Cam isn't in the conversation cause your in a 10 man 1 QB starter league. I can see going 2 WR and DJ if your worried about depth, but still think its meh...not sold on his usage or the hype surrounding him. Maybe consider trading Cooper (or Nelson) for pick moves or something if your not going to keep him.

I guess unproven was the wrong phrase to use. Does anyone think that Cooper is going to turn into the Dez or Julio of Oakland for the next 5-7 years? I don't know that's why I am asking. He had a great rookie season, but did it show us enough to warrant keeping over Nelson or Hopkins?

We still have over 2 months before locking keepers in, but I live for fantasy football and like to get a jump on the competition. Thank you all for the advice so far, and keep it coming!

I'd say that Julio and Hopkins are locks. Most mocks I've seen have those two as high first round picks. That 3rd spot is tricky because you could make a case for Jordy, Cooper, and Johnson. Personally, I'd probably roll with Johnson. You'd be starting off with 3 first round picks imo. If you can trade for picks I'd assess rosters and see who is hurting. I'm sure there are teams lacking quality keeper players. I'm sure Jordy and Cooper would be upgrades for some teams.

I'd be nervous about the RBs remaining with your first pick in the 4th round if you went with 3 WRs. At least you'd have a clear cut RB1.

There is no limit on how long I can keep a player. I like the idea of keeping Johnson, but I cannot honestly throw back Cooper when he may be dominant for the next decade. I think Johnson has the chance to be the next LeVeon Bell in that high powered AZ offense, but the fact that they brought back Chris Johnson and still have Ellington scares me. If Chris Johnson would not have resigned, I would feel much better about keeping David.

There's a ton to think about leading up to the year. The thought of landing 3 potential top 10 WR in Jones, Hopkins, and Cooper before the draft even starts is quite appealing...

10 team keeper league, keep 3 as my first 3 picks (draft basically starts in Rd 4.). PPR format, roster looks like:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

RB/WR

RB/WR/TE

TE

DST

K

I draft 10/10 since I crushed the league last year. Who do I keep out of the following? Any advice is appreciated and I will try and help you out if you have a questions. Thank you all for the help!

Cam Newton

David Johnson

Matt Forte

Eddie Lacy

Julio Jones

DeAndre Hopkins

Jordy Nelson

Amari Cooper

Johnson

Jones

Hopkins or Cooper

Very difficult to leave Cam out. How rich in QBs is your draft? Johnson has major stud potential which is harder to find in RBs than WRs. He has to be one of them. Balanced teams win. Do you guys trade. You have a lot of good trade bait.

Edited by Dcat