[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ex-Colt Zurlon Tipton killed in gun accident

Wolverines Fan

Ex-Colts RB Zurlon Tipton was killed in an accidental shooting on Tuesday.

Horrifying. Tipton was only 26. According to FOX Detroit, Tipton was having his car serviced when he "went to take a duffel bag out of the trunk of his vehicle, and one of the two guns inside the bag reportedly went off." Tipton was shot in the stomach, later dying at the hospital. A 2014 UDFA, Tipton made 16 appearances for the Colts over the past two seasons, getting the ball 26 times. He was waived last December, shortly after which he was arrested for criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon. Jun 28 - 3:54 PM

Looks like he didn't learn his lesson.

In no way was it the guns fault. It was his fault.

Completely agreed. Just not a big fan of guns. I just don't know why people feel the need to have them laying around like in a duffel bag in a trunk.

Ex-Colts RB Zurlon Tipton was killed in an accidental shooting on Tuesday.

Horrifying. Tipton was only 26. According to FOX Detroit, Tipton was having his car serviced when he "went to take a duffel bag out of the trunk of his vehicle, and one of the two guns inside the bag reportedly went off." Tipton was shot in the stomach, later dying at the hospital. A 2014 UDFA, Tipton made 16 appearances for the Colts over the past two seasons, getting the ball 26 times. He was waived last December, shortly after which he was arrested for criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon. Jun 28 - 3:54 PM

Looks like he didn't learn his lesson.

Nope he didn't.

Completely agreed. Just not a big fan of guns. I just don't know why people feel the need to have them laying around like in a duffel bag in a trunk.

I just don't know why people feel the need to have them laying around like loaded in a duffel bag in a trunk.

FTFY.

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Like 1

I just don't know why people feel the need to have them laying around like loaded in a duffel bag in a trunk.

FTFY.

Exactly! What purpose did they have in there?

Or show up at the airport with a gun in their back that "I didn't know was there."

You want to own, use and carry guns around, then be sure to secure them properly. If they are loaded make sure there is a good safety, or better yet a trigger lock that prevents accidental discharge.

The gun could have fired and hit somebody walking by, at least his own carelessness only killed him.