[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andrew Luck signs a six-year $140 million contract extension

Wolverines Fan

How is that possible after such a terrible year last year? Granted he was hurt but how do you get a contract like that after an injury year

You better be darn sure it was a reversible injury that heals well (before the kidney). Otherwise, well, you're Jim Irsay.

How is that possible after such a terrible year last year? Granted he was hurt but how do you get a contract like that after an injury year

Nature of the beast in the modern NFL. The highest paid player is almost meaningless now in terms of correlation to the best players, its just the most recent good QB to get a new contract normally.

• Like 1

I just don't see how they can throw that sort of money at a QB that performed the way he did last season. Sure he could turn it around and be brilliant for the next 6 years and beyond and they will look like geniuses, but if he has a disaster of a season like last year the who town is going to be screaming WTF.

But I thought according to literally every single person here, he was head and shoulders better than Russell Wilson. Maybe I misremembered.

How long before Russ can shred his new contract and point to this one and demand 35 mil per?

Shall we re-open the Wilson/Luck thread?

Edited by Seahawks21

But I thought according to literally every single person here, he was head and shoulders better than Russell Wilson. Maybe I misremembered.

How long before Russ can shred his new contract and point to this one and demand 35 mil per?

:rolleyes:

Did you forget your "Truck Russell Wilson" thread that you wrote a year after your Luck vs Wilson thread?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/439493-truck-russell-wilson/?hl=%2Bluck+%2Bwilson#entry4071765

truck him! Seriously!! What the truck!?! You were given beast mode, the best defense of this era, and the easiest path to a Super Bowl in the history of quarterbacks. And now you're gonna walk around talking about how you're a businessman, and pay me my money. truck you. Trucccck you. We're grateful and all, but take your trucking 20+ million per year and get that mannish sloppy seconds broad of yours a trucking nose job and go out and hand the ball to the beast, let the defense do their thing, and shut the truck up. Little bitch. We don't even need your stupid ass that much. We can win Super Bowls with retired Kerry trucking Collins right now, and you want to be the highest paid player of all-time? truck you.

I think [Wilson's] pretty overrated as a passer.

The problem is that the QB model is broken. Is there anybody on this planet that thinks he should be the highest paid player in the NFL? [Wilson] is a fringe top-10 QB.

And here are some of your quotes from the Luck vs Wilson thread:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/418761-luck-vs-wilson/?hl=%20luck%20%20wilson

Believe it or not, on the Seahawks board, I am actually playing the other side. It is basically 100 against 1, me being the one guy defending Luck.

That said, offer the trade and hold a gun to my head, I still take Luck.

Shaman, you're in the Luck camp, right? On the other board, I am the only one with the opinion that Luck is the better of the two, not sure if you read that right.

I'm really, really high on both guys. The only argument I can't agree with on either count is that one is the clear choice and that the other doesn't even deserve to be in the discussion. I would personally take Luck.

Edited by michaelredd9

Did you forget your "Truck Russell Wilson" thread that you wrote a year after your Luck vs Wilson thread?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/439493-truck-russell-wilson/?hl=%2Bluck+%2Bwilson#entry4071765

truck him! Seriously!! What the truck!?! You were given beast mode, the best defense of this era, and the easiest path to a Super Bowl in the history of quarterbacks. And now you're gonna walk around talking about how you're a businessman, and pay me my money. truck you. Trucccck you. We're grateful and all, but take your trucking 20+ million per year and get that mannish sloppy seconds broad of yours a trucking nose job and go out and hand the ball to the beast, let the defense do their thing, and shut the truck up. Little bitch. We don't even need your stupid ass that much. We can win Super Bowls with retired Kerry trucking Collins right now, and you want to be the highest paid player of all-time? truck you.

The problem is that the QB model is broken. Is there anybody on this planet that thinks he should be the highest paid player in the NFL? [Wilson] is a fringe top-10 QB.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/418761-luck-vs-wilson/?hl=%20luck%20%20wilson

Believe it or not, on the Seahawks board, I am actually playing the other side. It is basically 100 against 1, me being the one guy defending Luck.

Shaman, you're in the Luck camp, right? On the other board, I am the only one with the opinion that Luck is the better of the two, not sure if you read that right.

I'm really, really high on both guys. The only argument I can't agree with on either count is that one is the clear choice and that the other doesn't even deserve to be in the discussion. I would personally take Luck.

Aaaannndddd....we're off!

:pop:

:lol:
  • Like 1

The Colts are looking at longevity with Luck. It's a great deal for both sides. I love the bandwagon folks who immediately jump ship after a down season though he was hurt. Week 1 when he throws 4 TD's everyone will say the opposite and advise what a great deal it was to retain him for that amount of money. Dorky armchair QB's.

• Like 3

:clap:

:fishy:

A lot has changed in a year. Wilson's career took a huge vault forward in my eyes at the halfway point to the season when he started getting rid of the ball on time with anticipation. I had lost all hope that he would do this. Compare that with how horrid Luck played last season, and I think this debate has changed a lot in twelve months.

• Like 1

A lot has changed in a year. Wilson's career took a huge vault forward in my eyes at the halfway point to the season when he started getting rid of the ball on time with anticipation. I had lost all hope that he would do this. Compare that with how horrid Luck played last season, and I think this debate has changed a lot in twelve months.

K, if a lot can change in a year...

Let's revisit this in 12 months. Not saying you're wrong, but Luck was banged up all season, no thanks to a porous OL. Not sure if they've fixed it, but it's better.

Let's see how both guys perform in '16.

K, if a lot can change in a year...

Let's revisit this in 12 months. Not saying you're wrong, but Luck was banged up all season, no thanks to a porous OL. Not sure if they've fixed it, but it's better.

Let's see how both guys perform in '16.

Yeah, it'll be fun to watch over the years, hopefully. I'm just doing the pre-2016 status check on it. Legitimately wondering if we can unlock the original thread and just keep adding to it over the years.