[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst NFL broadcasters (Please chime in)

JakeWaid

Phil Simms is the worst, ever. Repeats himself constantly, crutch-word is the word "because" but pronounced "bahcaub". Tight End pronounced "Tot EEN". Baby eagle hair, gravelbomb face. Worse yet, he's arrogant about everything.

Jim Nantz is just clumsy. Clumsy as in last kid picked for dodgeball back in the day. He's never played a sport but ohhhhhhhhh boy when a big play happens, that bass in his voice spikes to a stupid, wannabe pitch. Listen for it next time. Can you actually see him running through the line straight up the gut at you with anger? Nope.

Scott Hansen I can tolerate...he doesn't repeat himself quite as much and doesn't stutter. However, he does drink too much coffee. When something mildly exciting happens, he opens up the flood gates as if to say "please, get me the heck outta this room". I think they actually torture him there on the NFL Network set, starving him, no restroom breaks, extra black coffee, super models walking around nude all day long but if he touchy, he gets zapped by a mosquito zapper light affixed to the mic on his back. Dude, easy on the caffeine, your face looks so hopeless in animation but man is it funny, so I take that back, more caffeine I guess.

Tim Ryan, tough guy. Loves to sport the full goatee made out of tumbleweed and shards of tires. Just listen to his analogies, everything translates to a tough guy approach. Probably drives a little Gremlin to work to increase the toughness scale.

Rich Gannon, always sniffling. Always stuttering. Face for radio. Voice for swamps. Terrible.

There are a host of others out there, this is just scratching the surface of the mute button. Wait, a late entry--sideline reporter Pam Oliver--cramming in the philly cheesesteaks, she's well over 300 now, she does not look healthy or tolerable anymore. I remember in the early 90's she looked presentable but now? The TV/off button is also a friend of yours.

• Like 2

Who cares, I tune in to watch the game not the announcers. Go to a site like awful announcing if you want to spend time whining about announcers.

And Scott Hansen is not an NFL announcer, he does some show covering NFL "near live" highlights for the ADD crowd who cannot watch an actual NFL game. Sorry but watching Red Zone is not like watching a game, you're spoon fed the exciting bits only.

Great, great post. Fan of: No NFL team yet the name lists seahawks21. So let me guess, you're a huge fan of Butler's interception.

I don't know of any other fanbase that would have anyone that would think it even mildly acceptable to use the word "tards."

• Like 1

Who does anybody like?

I like it, let's try to be positive. Chris Collinsworth. Tirico

I will say all of them are equally bad, but then again they are not allow to bash players or say anything negative in general, so they all come off as completely vanilla. Furthermore, because of all the commercials there is no time for anything remotely close to in-depth analysis, so I can't really blame them. They are all set up to fail.

Edited by Papajohn
  • Like 1

I will say all of them are equally bad, but then again they are not allow to bash players or say anything negative in general, so they all come off as completely vanilla. Furthermore, because of all the commercials there is no time for anything remotely close to in-depth analysis, so I can't really blame them. They are all set up to fail.

+1.

I'm a big fan of Ian Eagle. The old Tirico-Gruden combo was horrible, in my opinion. Something about Gruden's voice. Collinsworth makes me fall asleep, Nantz is average. I like Buck and Aikman. But Eagle is lining himself up for a promotion.

Nantz is the worst. Big Patriot homer who actually lowers his voice and sounds depressed when the Pats aren't doing well and sounds alive when they are. He sucks. Plus, he has his head so far up Brady's rear end that they can use Nantz's eyes to perform Brady's next colonoscopy.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

I always get the impression Collinsworth is biased, moreso than any other announcer. But maybe everyone feels that way....

Most announcers just fade into the background to me, Jay Gruden is the only other one that sticks out but in a neutral way. With Collinsworth it feels like he doesn't like certain teams, but that could just be me.

Edited by pun

Phil Simms is the worst, ever. Repeats himself constantly, crutch-word is the word "because" but pronounced "bahcaub". Tight End pronounced "Tot EEN". Baby eagle hair, gravelbomb face. Worse yet, he's arrogant about everything.

Jim Nantz is just clumsy. Clumsy as in last kid picked for dodgeball back in the day. He's never played a sport but ohhhhhhhhh boy when a big play happens, that bass in his voice spikes to a stupid, wannabe pitch. Listen for it next time. Can you actually see him running through the line straight up the gut at you with anger? Nope.

Scott Hansen I can tolerate...he doesn't repeat himself quite as much and doesn't stutter. However, he does drink too much coffee. When something mildly exciting happens, he opens up the flood gates as if to say "please, get me the heck outta this room". I think they actually torture him there on the NFL Network set, starving him, no restroom breaks, extra black coffee, super models walking around nude all day long but if he touchy, he gets zapped by a mosquito zapper light affixed to the mic on his back. Dude, easy on the caffeine, your face looks so hopeless in animation but man is it funny, so I take that back, more caffeine I guess.

Tim Ryan, tough guy. Loves to sport the full goatee made out of tumbleweed and shards of tires. Just listen to his analogies, everything translates to a tough guy approach. Probably drives a little Gremlin to work to increase the toughness scale.

Rich Gannon, always sniffling. Always stuttering. Face for radio. Voice for swamps. Terrible.

There are a host of others out there, this is just scratching the surface of the mute button. Wait, a late entry--sideline reporter Pam Oliver--cramming in the philly cheesesteaks, she's well over 300 now, she does not look healthy or tolerable anymore. I remember in the early 90's she looked presentable but now? The TV/off button is also a friend of yours.

I love the breakdown, but it seems like this has been brewing for a while