[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady's Legacy

DMD

Tom Brady's Legacy  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will "InflateGate" leave a lasting mark on Brady?

• No - it is no big deal really. Very minor footnote to his career.
    • Yes - this just proves he's the leader of the "New England Cheetahs"
    • I don't care. I was done with this long ago

My perception of it is that it's a make up call for spygate, which like one of the previous posters said, seems like a much bigger deal and more of a reason for disciplinary action. However I didn't follow "NFL news/media" (like, news not directly involving the games) all that closely during those years, so idrk.

Edited by pun

I understand everyone's take that this was all such a waste of time because we're talking about how much air is in a football. However:

1. There is a rule in place about the appropriate levels of PSI allowed in a football. I'm not entirely sure why there is a rule, but there is a rule, and there should be punishment when someone breaks a rule. This is similar to players smoking pot - is it really that bad or harmful to anyone? Does anyone really care if a player smokes pot? Well there is a rule in place, and players are suspended for breaking that rule. Whether you agree with the rule or not is irrelevant. Look at the new slide rule in baseball. Not everyone (fans, players) likes the rule, but it still has to be followed.

2. A lot of people challenge that changing the amount of air in a ball makes any difference at all. There have been studies performed to calculate distance, accuracy, etc. with different PSI levels. To me, this is all irrelevant. The only relevant thing here is that Brady thought there was enough benefit for himself to have the PSI levels changed inside those footballs. Whether there was actually a benefit or not means nothing. I totally understand that scientifically the difference is marginal. Regardless, the levels were changed outside of determined legal limits.

whoa whoa...hold on

enough benefit to change the psi levels?

ok....so whats the legal psi range? isnt it like 12.5 to 15?....brady prefers the balls at the low end...right on the 12.5.....where a guy like rodgers likes them inflated to the max......i think were all aware that if you have them at the lowest legal limit at game time...in cold and wet weather ....that theyll prob be under the 12.5 a couple of hours later

nobody measured his footballs before the game....

this is nothing more than a move by goodell to show he has "control" of the league....it was spiraling out of control....concussions...arrests....RAY RICE!...roger goodell got caught red handed lying to everyones face about the rice video....what better way to show hes in control and get back the "league" than punishing a guy 90 percent of the country hates?

whoa whoa...hold on

enough benefit to change the psi levels?

ok....so whats the legal psi range? isnt it like 12.5 to 15?....brady prefers the balls at the low end...right on the 12.5.....where a guy like rodgers likes them inflated to the max......i think were all aware that if you have them at the lowest legal limit at game time...in cold and wet weather ....that theyll prob be under the 12.5 a couple of hours later

nobody measured his footballs before the game....

this is nothing more than a move by goodell to show he has "control" of the league....it was spiraling out of control....concussions...arrests....RAY RICE!...roger goodell got caught red handed lying to everyones face about the rice video....what better way to show hes in control and get back the "league" than punishing a guy 90 percent of the country hates?

lmao at 90%
  • Like 1