[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demarius Thomas

InTomWeTrust

Im really high on him this year.

IMO top 3 in terms of atheltic WR in league.

Hes still young and Mark Sanchez is definetley a better option than his QBs from last year

He should have a huge year and looking to get him in all my leagues.

Huge value

Thoughts

Sanchez is a better optoin than Peyton Manning and Osweiler?

Sorry I see an increased focus on the running game and short passes. As a long time Demaryius Thomas owner in a keeper league I fear his best years are already behind him.

Best years behind him? He just turned 28.

Yes sanchez is a better option than manning from last year and Osweiler IMO

He has a much stronger arm.

Sanchez outplayed romo on thanksgiving a couple years back and had some really good games with the eagles.

Not sure what you see

Sanchez hasn't even officially been anointed as the starter. Trevor Siemian is still in the running which speaks volumes about Sanchez when a second-year QB who has never thrown an NFL pass is apparently even with him. Paxton Lynch may make a showing sometime this year as well.

Despite being a first round pick, Sanchez has never thrown for more than 3474 yards. He was dumped by PHI after 2 years.He's only once ever thrown more than 17 TDs in any season. It would be hard to argue that Sanchez has been anything more than below average for all six of his years. He could not even hang onto being the #2 in PHI and only played there when injuries forced PHI to use him.

To me, Thomas is downgraded this year. Absolutely and through no fault of his own. DEN will seek to run more. Thomas had his career worst YPC (12.4) under first year OC Rick Dennison last year. He has value still to be sure. But before you downgrade last year, realize that the Texans had the same chance to grab either Sanchez or Osweiler and they chose Osweiler very decidedly. Sanchez is just as good as the scraps in FA were when DEN had to settle after losing Osweiler.

I would not let Thomas fall too far. But Sanchez is not a plus over anyone that has ever played with Thomas before. Looking at Sanchez's career, no where is there anything to suggest he is even average - hence being one of the scraps on the FA heap. DEN only signed him to a one-year contract as they have no intention on relying on him in the future. Sanchez signed a $4.5 million contract for one year. Osweiler signed for four-years and $72 million (agreed that was WAY too high). But it illustrates the difference between Sanchez and Osweiler.

Sanchez hasn't even officially been anointed as the starter. Trevor Siemian is still in the running which speaks volumes about Sanchez when a second-year QB who has never thrown an NFL pass is apparently even with him. Paxton Lynch may make a showing sometime this year as well.

Despite being a first round pick, Sanchez has never thrown for more than 3474 yards. He was dumped by PHI after 2 years.He's only once ever thrown more than 17 TDs in any season. It would be hard to argue that Sanchez has been anything more than below average for all six of his years. He could not even hang onto being the #2 in PHI and only played there when injuries forced PHI to use him.

To me, Thomas is downgraded this year. Absolutely and through no fault of his own. DEN will seek to run more. Thomas had his career worst YPC (12.4) under first year OC Rick Dennison last year. He has value still to be sure. But before you downgrade last year, realize that the Texans had the same chance to grab either Sanchez or Osweiler and they chose Osweiler very decidedly. Sanchez is just as good as the scraps in FA were when DEN had to settle after losing Osweiler.

I would not let Thomas fall too far. But Sanchez is not a plus over anyone that has ever played with Thomas before. Looking at Sanchez's career, no where is there anything to suggest he is even average - hence being one of the scraps on the FA heap. DEN only signed him to a one-year contract as they have no intention on relying on him in the future. Sanchez signed a $4.5 million contract for one year. Osweiler signed for four-years and $72 million (agreed that was WAY too high). But it illustrates the difference between Sanchez and Osweiler.

Then explain to me why Mark Sanchez beat Tony Romo several times.

Explain to me why Mark Sanchez took his team to the AFC Championship twice and Romo is 2-11 in win or go home games.

Don't say the jets had a better team than dallas, because I can name several years where dallas had top talent and several probowlers.

Explain to me why Mark Sanchez clearly throws the ball better than Romo on tape, go back to thanksgiving 2 years ago.. watch the tape.

Hell go back to thanksgiving last year and watch Romo.

Bottom line is Compare Romo to Sanchez and you have your answer on how "bad" you think sanchez is.

Why are we talking about a game with Tony Romo? Go compare their career stats.

You want to believe that Sanchez is more than below average and that he's going to somehow help Thomas? More power to you. There is absolutely nothing to objectively support that but maybe a scrap heap, one-year minimum wage back-up quality QB will surprise. You place your bets, you take your chances.

Why are we talking about a game with Tony Romo? Go compare their career stats.

You want to believe that Sanchez is more than below average and that he's going to somehow help Thomas? More power to you. There is absolutely nothing to objectively support that but maybe a scrap heap, one-year minimum wage back-up quality QB will surprise. You place your bets, you take your chances.

im watching the tape and the throws

Meh what do you know, this ITWT guy knows it all ;)

As a DT owner in a keeper league I'll be holding him, especially after Calvin up an retired, and my #3 WR Jordan Matthews crapped the bed. Heck my RB are not great (L Murray, JStew, Abdullah) and my QBs are average.

Then explain to me why Mark Sanchez beat Tony Romo several times.

Explain to me why Mark Sanchez took his team to the AFC Championship twice and Romo is 2-11 in win or go home games.

Don't say the jets had a better team than dallas, because I can name several years where dallas had top talent and several probowlers.

Explain to me why Mark Sanchez clearly throws the ball better than Romo on tape, go back to thanksgiving 2 years ago.. watch the tape.

Hell go back to thanksgiving last year and watch Romo.

Bottom line is Compare Romo to Sanchez and you have your answer on how "bad" you think sanchez is.

I think it might be time to update your screen name.

Edited by Jackass

Pretty much this.

Demaryius was still pretty solid when Osweiler was quarterbacking last year. In the 8 games that Osweiler started, Demaryius had 44 catches, 559 yards and 5 touchdowns. Demaryius has a lot of talent. The quarterback situation isn't ideal this year, but the quarterback situation wasn't ideal last year. I'll consider drafting him in the 3rd round. I'll be very happy if he drops to me in the 4th round.

• Like 2

Demaryius was still pretty solid when Osweiler was quarterbacking last year. In the 8 games that Osweiler started, Demaryius had 44 catches, 559 yards and 5 touchdowns. Demaryius has a lot of talent. The quarterback situation isn't ideal this year, but the quarterback situation wasn't ideal last year. I'll consider drafting him in the 3rd round. I'll be very happy if he drops to me in the 4th round.

I agree here. He is not an option the first two rounds. DT has talent, no doubt, and still has good years left in him, BUT there's too much uncertainty with Denver's offense. Sanchez has done minimal in his career and Denver will keep trying to pound the ball. DT's saving grace is that he is proficient in YAC. In other words, get him the ball and he can make something happen.

• Like 2

I said last year right after he signed that mega deal that he's gonna be the leagues most expensive decoy when Manning retires. I may be wrong but I'm only taking him if he falls a few rounds, which he wont

And I think I debated that with you and didn't agree. Since i had watched him a lot after drafting him on my keeper team I had seen him flourish before manning, with some average QBs. But then the coaching change, and the move towards more running made it clear that he'd be a lot less productive.

And I think I debated that with you and didn't agree. Since i had watched him a lot after drafting him on my keeper team I had seen him flourish before manning, with some average QBs. But then the coaching change, and the move towards more running made it clear that he'd be a lot less productive.

He was a different receiver when he had defenses paying a lot of attention to Julius Thomas in the middle of the field and Eric Decker on the other side the field, not to mention a healthier Manning and a better backfield.

Last year, before the season I traded Thomas, Demarco Murray, and Jimmy Graham for Adrian Peterson and Mike Evans.

Everyone said I was nuts, but I saw a huge drop off coming for all of those guys - the guy I traded them to finished dead last in our league.

Meanwhile, I expect Evans to only get better as Winston improves. Evans had a "bad year" last year, and still posted 1200 yds and 5 100+ yd games while missing 2 games.

I'd still make that deal today.