[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

chris hogan

InTomWeTrust

I'll be taking a winger on Hogan in any league he is available in round 16. He could be this year's Dion Lewis. The Patriots have a potent offense. Edelman might get hurt or Hogan might play outside. The Patriots receiving options other than Gronk and Edelman are weak. It won't be hard for Belichick to get him on the field. They gave Hogan a 3-year, $12 million contract with $7.5 guaranteed. Belichick must like him. That's good enough for me.

• Like 2

I'll be taking a winger on Hogan in any league he is available in round 16. He could be this year's Dion Lewis. The Patriots have a potent offense. Edelman might get hurt or Hogan might play outside. The Patriots receiving options other than Gronk and Edelman are weak. It won't be hard for Belichick to get him on the field. They gave Hogan a 3-year, $12 million contract with $7.5 guaranteed. Belichick must like him. That's good enough for me.

I'm not saying I agree with ITWT, but this approach makes sense to me. It'll be especially interesting to see what the Patriots dial up with Garroppolo at the helm the first four weeks. The idea of Hogan becoming NE's #1 overall WR is a bit trollish to suggest, but the idea that Hogan has sneaky late round value isn't.

• Like 2

Not at all. I honestly believe he has the physical intangables to become the #1

What do you think edleman came from the 1st round of an nfl draft? he was a walk on.

just stop

What "physical intangibles" are you referring to?

Didn't you watch the tape?

;)

:lol:

I actually dig Hogan a lot. Great fit for Pats' system and could really flourish.

But to say it's his "physical intangibles" is just dumb. I don't even know how a physical trait could be intangible. It's kinda like an oxymoron, no?

• Like 4

I actually dig Hogan a lot. Great fit for Pats' system and could really flourish.

But to say it's his "physical intangibles" is just dumb. I don't even know how a physical trait could be intangible. It's kinda like an oxymoron, no?

Its the things you can't see that I see :hscratch:

Oxymoron, is that a moron on oxycodone? Probalby fits toolboy ITWT (hmm is that a word jumble for TWIT).

• 1 month later...

I was going to start a Hogan thread, but found this one thru search. I just drafted him in the 16th of a PPR league, but immediately dropped him to take a flyer on Will Fuller instead. I'm still on the fence with Hogan, but do see a ton of upside (especially in PPR) once Brady is back at the helm, a la Wes Welker 2.0 type role...

Would love to hear anyone else's opinion, especially now that there is some pre-season film on him...thx

Edited by the outlaw

Intangible measurables? Measurable intangibles? Immeasurable tangibles? Who the hell knows.

I like Hogan in best ball. He is almost certainly going to have a few 2 TD weeks, but good luck predicting them. If Edleman or Gronk goes down he could be a helper in redraft.

I like him as well he may be another New England pre season stud, regular season dud, but to me it was worth a risk. I have him in two leagues so far and plan on the other two (last two round pick). If it does not work out I will move on to another player. Edelman came from nowhere, this guy was trade for so Mr Bill must like him that is good enough for me.

Any oxyitwit?

• 2 weeks later...