[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Recent Draft - First four rounds

DMD

Both John and I were in a draft for USAToday and it went pretty according to plan. It was a PPR league and that showed up with all the WR.

Always interesting to see where players are going - any surprises?

Round One
1 Odell Beckham Jr. WR, NYG
2 Antonio Brown WR, PIT
3 Julio Jones WR, ATL
4 Le'Veon Bell RB, PIT
5 DeAndre Hopkins WR, HOU
6 David Johnson RB, ARI
7 A.J. Green WR, CIN
8 Jordy Nelson WR, GNB
9 Todd Gurley RB, LAR
10 Ezekiel Elliott RB, DAL
11 Adrian Peterson RB, MIN
12 Dez Bryant WR, DAL
Round Two
1 Lamar Miller RB, HOU
2 Allen Robinson WR, JAC
3 Alshon Jeffery WR, CHI
4 Brandin Cooks WR, NOR
5 Rob Gronkowski TE, NWE
6 Amari Cooper WR, OAK
7 Jamaal Charles RB, KAN
8 Devonta Freeman RB, ATL
9 Doug Martin RB, TAM
10 Keenan Allen WR, SDG
11 Brandon Marshall WR, NYJ
12 Mark Ingram RB, NOR
Round Three
1 Mike Evans WR, TAM
2 Demaryius Thomas WR, DEN
3 Eddie Lacy RB, GNB
4 T Y Hilton WR, IND
5 Jarvis Landry WR, MIA
6 Sammy Watkins WR, BUF
7 Golden Tate WR, DET
8 Kelvin Benjamin WR, CAR
9 Randall Cobb WR, GNB
10 Julian Edelman WR, NWE
11 Doug Baldwin WR, SEA
12 Latavius Murray RB, OAK
Round Four
1 Jordan Matthews WR, PHI
2 C.J. Anderson RB, DEN
3 Jeremy Maclin WR, KAN
4 Eric Decker WR, NYJ
5 Dion Lewis RB, NWE
6 LeSean McCoy RB, BUF
7 Aaron Rodgers QB, GNB
8 Matt Forte RB, NYJ
9 Allen Hurns WR, JAC
10 Emmanuel Sanders WR, DEN
11 Carlos Hyde RB, SFO
12 Thomas Rawls RB, SEA

Really surprised to see OBJ go first overall, and Jeffery drafted so high. I also don't think Tate is going to be the answer with Megatron gone with no other targets and a shaky run game. Jordan Matthews is also absurdly high. I'll be stoked if I can grab Forte or Rodgers in the 4th round of the draft!

Surprised to see Gronk go so low. Jordy over Gurley is a little surprising too. I like where Cobb is falling to... I think with Jordy back he gets back to putting up nice numbers. Hyde in the fourth is going to be a massive steal.

Really surprised to see OBJ go first overall, and Jeffery drafted so high. I also don't think Tate is going to be the answer with Megatron gone with no other targets and a shaky run game. Jordan Matthews is also absurdly high. I'll be stoked if I can grab Forte or Rodgers in the 4th round of the draft!

Jordan Matthews, totally agree. I had high hopes for him last year, wish I had kept Jarvis Landry instead.

Think Jordy Nelson is a bit high, is he really expected to be back to 100% (forget injury situation).

I think Jones will outcatch him.

I get the feeling that Tate is going to disappoint again this year considering his ADP, I just don't know if Ebron or Jones will be the main benefactor. What do you think makes Jones primed to carry the torch?

I get the feeling that Tate is going to disappoint again this year considering his ADP, I just don't know if Ebron or Jones will be the main benefactor. What do you think makes Jones primed to carry the torch?

I'm not saying Jones is anywhere close to Megatron. Not even in the same universe.... but.... Jones is 6'2", 200 lbs. Already being praised for his route running prowess. Inside routes, outside, deep, you name it.

Tate is 5'10" and has already proven that he struggles to produce consistent numbers when he's the #1 option. He's just better as the #2. Almost like a Nelson/Cobb thing.

The Lions' system caters to Jones' skillset. I think he'll top 120 targets for sure. 75-80 catches probably.

I think Tate just settles in, continuing as the #2 option and has probably catches 60-70 balls.

You're right though, Ebron's targets are going to go way... way up. He could catch 60-70 himself.

I'm not saying Jones is anywhere close to Megatron. Not even in the same universe.... but.... Jones is 6'2", 200 lbs. Already being praised for his route running prowess. Inside routes, outside, deep, you name it.

Tate is 5'10" and has already proven that he struggles to produce consistent numbers when he's the #1 option. He's just better as the #2. Almost like a Nelson/Cobb thing.

The Lions' system caters to Jones' skillset. I think he'll top 120 targets for sure. 75-80 catches probably.

I think Tate just settles in, continuing as the #2 option and has probably catches 60-70 balls.

You're right though, Ebron's targets are going to go way... way up. He could catch 60-70 himself.

Worrrrd, I wasn't implying you were, just wasn't sure if you had some kind of extra inside info haha. Didn't realize Jones was that big, I guess seeing him line up to Green and Sanu can do that though. I might try to snag him in 8-11 range for a sneaky flex spot. Not sure what his ADP is right now..

I'm loving the RB value in the late 3rd and beyond. Latavius, LeSean, CJ Anderson, Hyde... I really like all of these guys for where they are being drafted. I also think some of these WRs are being overvalued. All three of the guys who went right before Gronk were a little too highly priced IMO (ARob, Jeffery and Cooks).

• Like 1

Loving Rawls and Hyde at the bottom of round 4. They both could easily out-produce Elliott IMO.

+1 except...in a month from now the slow-witted FFL players will have caught on and they'll probably have moved up at least a round if not more - especially Rawls if he comes out of camp healthy and has a decent showing in pre-season (he plays, looks remotely reasonable). Starting camp on the PUP list might scare people and if he's not healthy he'll be an easy avoid.

I don't know that the o-line in Seattle is what it used to be, so I'm not as high on a healthy Rawls as others. Hyde, on the other hand, in that Chip Kelly offense...

I just listened to a very popular fantasy football podcast that, like many "experts" out there, is super high on the Seattle offense this year. I am going against the grain here and will say they are going to slide a bit. The OL, like you said, not what it used to be. No standout at RB. Baldwin will not get 14 TDs again. I think Graham will struggle to regain form.

Wilson and Baldwin are being overdrafted. Just my opinion, I could easily be wrong, but there's just something that just doesn't sit right with me about that offense this year.

I agree that something doesn't quite feel right with Seattle. I'm not high on Rawls, as mentioned, or Baldwin. Or Graham. In fact, the Seahawk most worth drafting at his current ADP right now is probably Tyler Lockett. Lockett has home run potential, so it'll be interesting to see how things progress with him through camp and preseason. The hype train may end up pushing him up in drafts where he becomes a bit risky though.

I agree that something doesn't quite feel right with Seattle. I'm not high on Rawls, as mentioned, or Baldwin. Or Graham. In fact, the Seahawk most worth drafting at his current ADP right now is probably Tyler Lockett. Lockett has home run potential, so it'll be interesting to see how things progress with him through camp and preseason. The hype train may end up pushing him up in drafts where he becomes a bit risky though.

I totally agree with this. Lockett is the only one i'd consider if I can get him at a valuable draft spot. He should have a bigger receiving role, and will still probably return kicks.

Totally agree.

Very surprised to see OBJ over Antonio and Julio given their target differentials and it's PPR. I am also slightly surprised to see Martin taken over Ingram given Sims' pass catching duties. I'm also not high on Rawls as he is more of a physical runner, his rehab is going slowly, and he lacks pass catching which the rookie Prosise also brings to the table. Love the Dion Lewis pick.