[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV / NFL Sunday Ticket offers

Shorttynaz

well - just called and dealt with a very pleasant rep. got the deal for sunday ticket max as far down as 196.00 but told them no, still too high. They put me on hold for about three minutes and came back and told me they removed it and would credit my account. So, no ticket for me this year.

well - just called and dealt with a very pleasant rep. got the deal for sunday ticket max as far down as 196.00 but told them no, still too high. They put me on hold for about three minutes and came back and told me they removed it and would credit my account. So, no ticket for me this year.

call back in a few days. Stand your ground - I was willing to go as far as scheduling a disconnect date - to which I wouldn't have let them shut it off in hopes to get a deal. Fortunately I didn't have to go that far..

call back in a few days. Stand your ground - I was willing to go as far as scheduling a disconnect date - to which I wouldn't have let them shut it off in hopes to get a deal. Fortunately I didn't have to go that far..

update - called back a half hour later and got a different rep. I asked if I was under contract with them - knowing I am not and was advised no. She asked if I was thinking about leaving and I politely advised not really but since the primary reason I have directv was the sunday ticket and I just cancelled I was going to shop around for a better rate and just wanted to be sure I had no obligation or penalties facing me. I also denied being a fantasy football player and said I just want to watch best matchups every week.

Long story short - got the ticket for 44.99 (no red zone though) and 40.00 a month off my bill for a year. SO basically got the ticket for free and 210.00 off my yearly bill. Very happy - they still offer great service to loyal customers.

• Like 1

update - called back a half hour later and got a different rep. I asked if I was under contract with them - knowing I am not and was advised no. She asked if I was thinking about leaving and I politely advised not really but since the primary reason I have directv was the sunday ticket and I just cancelled I was going to shop around for a better rate and just wanted to be sure I had no obligation or penalties facing me. I also denied being a fantasy football player and said I just want to watch best matchups every week.

Long story short - got the ticket for 44.99 (no red zone though) and 40.00 a month off my bill for a year. SO basically got the ticket for free and 210.00 off my yearly bill. Very happy - they still offer great service to loyal customers.

It is frustrating that you have to work at getting it (I certainly did this year) but I get it. They're in a business to make money - sure - they make enough, but they're not in the business for giving away free stuff. It's like car sales - offer a ridiculous price only cause some people will be like "OK - I'll take it". Most will walk away - to which they'll work with you to get something. I also think they have something in place to where if you paid for it last year, they'll give it to you this year (like they did with me). Next year I'll have to pay for it - albeit at a discounted rate, but it's every other year. One year I was lucky in my 'off year' to where I got channel 703 for free - which in all honesty is all I ever watch to begin with. Maybe next year I'll play hardball and schedule a disconnect date in hopes to get 'the big deal'.

It is frustrating that you have to work at getting it (I certainly did this year) but I get it. They're in a business to make money - sure - they make enough, but they're not in the business for giving away free stuff. It's like car sales - offer a ridiculous price only cause some people will be like "OK - I'll take it". Most will walk away - to which they'll work with you to get something. I also think they have something in place to where if you paid for it last year, they'll give it to you this year (like they did with me). Next year I'll have to pay for it - albeit at a discounted rate, but it's every other year. One year I was lucky in my 'off year' to where I got channel 703 for free - which in all honesty is all I ever watch to begin with. Maybe next year I'll play hardball and schedule a disconnect date in hopes to get 'the big deal'.

I have always found if I slow play it and be polite and act grateful for the help I get somewhere close to what I want if not what I want or better. Not sure that matters or not but I never come out of the gait threatening to bail.

This was the first year they actually cancelled it on me. It is getting tougher and tougher and I'm actually glad I had the no contract to keep me card to play otherwise it would probably be a year of nothing but Jets Eagles and Giants

• Like 1

I have always found if I slow play it and be polite and act grateful for the help I get somewhere close to what I want if not what I want or better. Not sure that matters or not but I never come out of the gait threatening to bail.

This was the first year they actually cancelled it on me. It is getting tougher and tougher and I'm actually glad I had the no contract to keep me card to play otherwise it would probably be a year of nothing but Jets Eagles and Giants

I'm locked in for another 23 months - we just got a free equipment upgrade a month ago when we upgraded to the 4K service.

• Like 1

threatening to bail is what gets you to the Retention Department. You need them to get the better deals. the regular operator can disconnect you as well but only offers so-so deals. I don't think slow-playing them is worthwhile. It wastes your time and they don't take notes that say "this guy was nice, we need to give him a great deal". If anything it says this guy is a enchilada and will stay for the minimum we offer.

I had read the threads and knew what the best offer from DTV was. Once I got the ST Max and my bill under $100, I took it. If people are willing to settle for $10 off a month for ST (not Max) that's what they will give them. You have to almost ask for what you want.

FWIW- I called Verizon once about my home phone bill being too much. They guy actually asked my what I wanted to pay a month. For real. I told him $20, LOL

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 1

FWIW- I called Verizon once about my home phone bill being too much. They guy actually asked my what I wanted to pay a month. For real. I told him $20, LOL

Why does anyone still have a home phone/hard line? Real question. I haven't had one for about a decade. Wife, even longer.

Why does anyone still have a home phone/hard line? Real question. I haven't had one for about a decade. Wife, even longer.

how do you get the internet?

I obviously have DTV so no cable. The phone comes with the internet package. Plus my wife insists on having a landline.

how do you get the internet?

I obviously have DTV so no cable. The phone comes with the internet package. Plus my wife insists on having a landline.

Optimum/Cablevision. Hard line into the house and have a wireless router.

my local cable, which is my only option sucks and is slower than the internet with the phone.

That sucks! Wish I had FIOS. I'm on the phone with DTV now...

From what ive read elsewhere, if you're contract is up and you cancel then sign up again you are a "new customer" and gt all the real deals

Pretty much this.

My contract ran out in July. So I told them I would be leaving for another provider. Next thing I know, I signed a one year deal that included the NFL ticket being free.

I'm not a new customer. I got $7 off of every movie channel (Starz, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime) therefore $28 a month, $9 off the ST every month and a $50 monthly credit for 12 months. So my bill is cheaper by $87 each month now.

I know this is slightly off topic, but has anyone had similar success reducing your bill or getting any additional perks with Comcast? After all this talk in this thread I'm tired of getting fleeced and will be switching shortly. However, if I can swing a deal with Comcast, I would rather stay than the full on hastle of switching out gear. Any additional thoughts?

After no luck my first two tries( 1st try was the basic 9$ off offer) I called back tonite and just asked again if there were any deals. Told them in the past I had gotten ST for free or really cheap.. Right away he offered 40 dollars off a month for 12 months and the ST for 4 payments of 25 dollars. So 300 off my bill for the next year and ST Max for free with no contract extension...

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

OK HUDDLE UP - Just got off the phone with retention yesterday, he told me "man to man" (his words) to wait a week or two. He mentioned it will be easier to get it free the closer we get to the season opener. He said that he doesn't have that "in house promo button" to press, yet. His real promo buttons are $50 and $40 monthly credits and half off the HD charge. If I wait, I can get it all ...

To be continued ...

• Like 1

OK HUDDLE UP - Just got off the phone with retention yesterday, he told me "man to man" (his words) to wait a week or two. He mentioned it will be easier to get it free the closer we get to the season opener. He said that he doesn't have that "in house promo button" to press, yet. His real promo buttons are $50 and $40 monthly credits and half off the HD charge. If I wait, I can get it all ...

To be continued ...

I cancelled my ST about 3 weeks ago. Waiting until after week 1 (remember, week 1 is free for everyone). Should I jump in before week 1? Wondering what the best timing will be. I am an15 year DTV subscriber and out of contract.

To be continued ...

call back. the better deals are already being offered, see mine above

I cancelled my ST about 3 weeks ago. Waiting until after week 1 (remember, week 1 is free for everyone). Should I jump in before week 1? Wondering what the best timing will be. I am an15 year DTV subscriber and out of contract.

tell them you want the big deal

http://itsallaboutsatellites.com/what-we-do/directv-for-residential/directv-big-deal/

or look here- top of page

http://explore.directv.com/

or here- to get a $200 gift card on top of that deal

http://www.directpackages.com/

• Like 1

call back. the better deals are already being offered, see mine above

tell them you want the big deal

http://itsallaboutsatellites.com/what-we-do/directv-for-residential/directv-big-deal/

or look here- top of page

http://explore.directv.com/

or here- to get a $200 gift card on top of that deal

http://www.directpackages.com/

No thank you - all that requires a 2 year contract (not to be rude or contradictory ) ... I will get all the same stuff without any contract ... I purposely do not have a contract so that I can call every August and threaten to leave. They really screw you if you sign a 2 year contract. My intentions are to get all that (the Big Deal) without the 2 year contract, that is what I am used to getting.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

9 year here :brew: ... We are close. And they know that Dish will be doing the same thing, the closer to kickoff the more they will give in. It's really a game of chicken.

If you want to sign a two year deal, then go ahead and you can get all the stuff for "free" the first year, but they will get you in year 2.

No thank you - all that requires a 2 year contract (not to be rude or contradictory ) ... I will get all the same stuff without any contract ... I purposely do not have a contract so that I can call every August and threaten to leave. They really screw you if you sign a 2 year contract. My intentions are to get all that (the Big Deal) without the 2 year contract, that is what I am used to getting.

I have no contract with the deal I got. took multiple calls to get everything I wanted but its done and next Aug. I will get it free again.