[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Updated Yahoo Fantasy App

Lukester2181

I do not like it what so ever. The whole reason I got into fantasy football was because Yahoo's format was easy to follow and everything was laid out nicely.

This new format is similar to NFL.com's, which I do not enjoy at all. Reminds me of my corporation's "upgrades", where the programmer hasn't come up with any good ideas and his review is coming up.

"Oh manure, I better implement a change so they still think I'm needed"

• Like 1

I do not like it what so ever. The whole reason I got into fantasy football was because Yahoo's format was easy to follow and everything was laid out nicely.

This new format is similar to NFL.com's, which I do not enjoy at all. Reminds me of my corporation's "upgrades", where the programmer hasn't come up with any good ideas and his review is coming up.

"Oh taco, I better implement a change so they still think I'm needed"

It is horrible!!! Completely agree. They are pushing the corporate -Daily fantasy games on us. They did not even include a message board!!!! How do you do that???? Just unreal- I am very disappointed.

So never used Yahoo but heard its simple format was good. Just to confirm then, have they changed the website format as well or is this all about a phone app?

Right now it is just the app. The app was perfect last year. Not sure why they tinkered with it at all. If they do the same to the website, I will be leaving and taking my league with me.

• Like 1

ESPN app user friendly? Anything that they have on the ESPN website that they don't have on their app?

Personally I like it. I use it for two yearly redrafts and have for several years now. It's free and for a redraft is customizable enough. You can do EVERYTHING on the mobile app that you can do on the website. As the commissioner, there's nothing on the website I can do that I can't do on the mobile app, however the website I find is easier when setting up cause I'm not staring at a small 5" screen, instead I'm staring at a 24" monitor.

But.. If you ask me - it's WAY better than Yahoo. Not that this is really out there or was ever a question that was posed, but it's WAY easier to use than MFL's app. I hate MFL in general but their mobile app is worse. I'd rather be in a yahoo league and use this new clunky app over MFL's. I still just don't get the point of paying $60 for a site to do the same thing that free ones do better and are easier to use. Anyway - I'm off my soapbox on MFL for now - but will certainly gripe about it again in the future.. :)

Personally I like it. I use it for two yearly redrafts and have for several years now. It's free and for a redraft is customizable enough. You can do EVERYTHING on the mobile app that you can do on the website. As the commissioner, there's nothing on the website I can do that I can't do on the mobile app, however the website I find is easier when setting up cause I'm not staring at a small 5" screen, instead I'm staring at a 24" monitor.

But.. If you ask me - it's WAY better than Yahoo. Not that this is really out there or was ever a question that was posed, but it's WAY easier to use than MFL's app. I hate MFL in general but their mobile app is worse. I'd rather be in a yahoo league and use this new clunky app over MFL's. I still just don't get the point of paying $60 for a site to do the same thing that free ones do better and are easier to use. Anyway - I'm off my soapbox on MFL for now - but will certainly gripe about it again in the future.. :)

mfl is da bomb!!!! Very user friendly, WELL worth the $ imo
  • Like 2

mfl is da bomb!!!! Very user friendly, WELL worth the $ imo

For a yearly redraft?? No way.. I'll argue that to my grave.

If you're in a keeper or dynasty league or something like that - well sure, it's highly customizable to which I'll agree it's good for that. Me though, in the 17 years I've been playing fantasy football, I only play in yearly redrafts. Casual player, maybe - but why pay $60 for a yearly redraft with MFL? It's a waste of f'n money - big deal, I can customize 'my team' homepage - but who see's it outside of me? And the mobile app - I played in 4 leagues last year run on MFL - the mobile app was utter garbage. I always had to log into the website from a PC to do anything cause if the mobile app ever properly loaded a page, it wouldn't accept the transactions I kept telling it to process or accept the lineups I tried submitting. Eventually I pretty much gave up and for that reason alone I withdrew from 3 of the 4 MFL leagues I was in last year.

But I get it. To each their own. Some people hate the free sites, and for advanced leagues rightfully so. Different strokes for different folks I guess.. :)

For a yearly redraft?? No way.. I'll argue that to my grave.

If you're in a keeper or dynasty league or something like that - well sure, it's highly customizable to which I'll agree it's good for that. Me though, in the 17 years I've been playing fantasy football, I only play in yearly redrafts. Casual player, maybe - but why pay $60 for a yearly redraft with MFL? It's a waste of f'n money - big deal, I can customize 'my team' homepage - but who see's it outside of me? And the mobile app - I played in 4 leagues last year run on MFL - the mobile app was utter garbage. I always had to log into the website from a PC to do anything cause if the mobile app ever properly loaded a page, it wouldn't accept the transactions I kept telling it to process or accept the lineups I tried submitting. Eventually I pretty much gave up and for that reason alone I withdrew from 3 of the 4 MFL leagues I was in last year.

But I get it. To each their own. Some people hate the free sites, and for advanced leagues rightfully so. Different strokes for different folks I guess.. :)

yeah I hate mfl, I've been posting that for yrs
  • Like 1

Good news for those using Yahoo is that according to Yahoo themselves- they will be including the message boards with the next update, but who knows when that will be and even if it is true. I won't believe it until I see it. Until then I will be logging in through Chrome to get my league business complete.

The only reason we haven't moved away from Yahoo yet is because they keep a record book and have all our past fantasy seasons archived. I would hate to lose all that data!

Good news for those using Yahoo is that according to Yahoo themselves- they will be including the message boards with the next update, but who knows when that will be and even if it is true. I won't believe it until I see it. Until then I will be logging in through Chrome to get my league business complete.

The only reason we haven't moved away from Yahoo yet is because they keep a record book and have all our past fantasy seasons archived. I would hate to lose all that data!

Just curious - how is that useful? If you want to know who won in years past - write it down or take screenshots..

write it down or take screenshots...lol

It's a nice, easy way to go back and look at all the games played (at least on MFL) and who won and what happened...I love having that historical data and one reason we stuck so long on CBS before migrating to MFL. We lost years of that data that many Owners loved going back and reviewing.

Just curious - how is that useful? If you want to know who won in years past - write it down or take screenshots..

How useful? Wow, it has everything there!! I use it religiously. Too much information to screenshot or write down. It is at my fingertips, I reference it all the time in our league.

Maybe again it's just me being in a bunch of yearly redrafts, but I could honestly care less who beat me last season in week 6, or how many points Matt Forte put up in week 8 two years ago for me against the Packers - if I really wanted to know, I could look it up. Coaches, lines, and defenses change yearly. Last year no one could run on the Bronco's. This year will be a different story - how will last years stats help me?

I'm not trying to be a smartass here - I'm honestly curious as to how knowing who I beat last year can legitimately help me..??

Edited by Shorttynaz

You see the stats about each team's won loss record against each other during pre-games...It's totally useless but kinda cool to see. that's how it is with the fantasy historical records. I can go back and see that against this guy, I'm 8-5...and so on

I can see who scored the most points ever in the league

or the lowest

Or winning streaks

Just stuff that really isn't going to help you win, but fun to look at

• Like 3

write it down or take screenshots...lol

It's a nice, easy way to go back and look at all the games played (at least on MFL) and who won and what happened...I love having that historical data and one reason we stuck so long on CBS before migrating to MFL. We lost years of that data that many Owners loved going back and reviewing.

This. Love the historical data, and main reason we still use it. I have used it quite a bit over the years to look back at who has drafted who and when. Very useful. Free is always good too.

Maybe again it's just me being in a bunch of yearly redrafts, but I could honestly care less who beat me last season in week 6, or how many points Matt Forte put up in week 8 two years ago for me against the Packers - if I really wanted to know, I could look it up. Coaches, lines, and defenses change yearly. Last year no one could run on the Bronco's. This year will be a different story - how will last years stats help me?

I'm not trying to be a smartass here - I'm honestly curious as to how knowing who I beat last year can legitimately help me..??

I think it is because you are in a bunch of re-draft leagues. We are in a keeper league. I do weekly Commissioner Reports and YouTube Shows- so those stats come in very handy when looking for statistics for my Commissioner Report and or YouTube Show.

It is not just stats for fantasy players but stats on how teams perform against each other historically. For example- In the past 4 years I'm 3-7 against my brother- all three of my wins against him have come during the playoffs. In those matchups I have beaten him on average of 20+ points, I have not beat him once in the regular season. On average I have lost to him by 12 points per matchup. That is the kind of historically data/statistics I am talking about. That is pure gold!

• Like 2

What the (the really bad word) yahoo?! I tried to join a public league to get a drafting fix and no where in this now manure-(the really bad word)ed app is there a button that says enter draft

Hopefully more and more people bring attention to it. I'm holding out that what they tweeted "We will be looking to add the message board with our next update no eta" is true.

I won't believe it until I see it. Until then, the app will be used as my last resort and I will be logging in using Chrome!