[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best WR in league skill

InTomWeTrust

He's going to have a breakout year, I truly believe that. He was on track for having 130 or so receptions, which would have placed him just slightly behind Julio Jones and Antonio brown. 1400 yards too, putting him in the top 5. I think his numbers would have remained consistent had he not gone down to that freakish injury.

The Chargers offense is going to look good and have plenty to keep defenses busy with Gates/Henry/Benjamin/Stevie J/Woodhead. Allen will have plenty of room. Of course this all hinges on keeping the Chargers O-Line healthy, and if Gordon can get his taco together, soooo yaaaaa.. we'll see

Edited by kdko

and I think DeAndre Hopkins should be in the top five.

No no no, this is a list based on skill. He's not including WRs like Hopkins who have been huge beneficiaries of great QB play. Not every WR can be lucky enough to have Brian Hoyer throwing them the ball.
  • Like 6

No no no, this is a list based on skill. He's not including WRs like Hopkins who have been huge beneficiaries of great QB play. Not every WR can be lucky enough to have Brian Hoyer throwing them the ball.

exactly why I added my 2 cents above

If I sift through the obvious :fishy: by listing Josh Gordon as #1 on your list and attempt my top 5, I'd be tempted to remove Gordon, Brown and Demaryius Thomas from the list and add Beckham, Jr., DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins in their stead.

It's splitting hairs though - these guys are all pretty much "all-world". I think a better question is "who would you put in tier 1 of your WR pool based on skill alone". Then you're not stuck at 5. I think mine would be the five in the OP and the three I've listed.

I hate to even comment here cause I'm not fan of the OP or his bait topics, but if we're talking solely on skill and talent, how can you not put Fitz in the top 5 - even with his age today. If I were a young up and coming WR and had to choose only 1 mentor - he would hands down be my guy..

Fitz isnt even the second best WR on his team right now - im talking talent right now in the stage of their career

Brandon marshall isnt far behind this list

No, you asked about skill, not talent. Skills are learned through repetition and hard work, talent is a natural gift. The best WRs are those who have tons of talent and also develop their skills. Randy Moss is a great example of someone who is off the charts with talent, but would probably not be put in the top 5 all time of skilled receivers. Jerry Rice is a great example of someone who wasn't the most talented WR, but his work ethic was second to none. Through hard work, he became the most skilled WR of all time.

Heck, I now realize that I answered this question more thinking about talent than skill. And yes, Brandon Marshall belongs on this list.

• Like 1

Fitz isnt even the second best WR on his team right now - im talking talent right now in the stage of their career

No, he may not be the best fantasy WR on his team, but that's not what you asked. This is why I should have never even responded. You contradict yourself - your question was based on skill alone. If you think Fitz isn't the most skilled WR on that team - you should probably spend more time watching film on your 'favorite' team and stop trolling this forum with your lunacy.

• Like 2

Honestly guy, I think you're entertaining and all... you start a lot of chatter since you fling crap against a wall to see what sticks, and that in and of itself generates discussion on this board....

But I can 100%, without question, absolutely say now that you have zero clue about football. None. Zero. Zilch. Absolutely ZERO CLUE what you're talking about.

Do yourself and the rest of us a big favor.... stop flinging crap against the wall. It's tiresome, and quite honestly it's kind of getting hard to watch.

• Like 2

He seemed to be #1 in yds, rec and tds last year but I'm not looking at any stats to back that up but pretty sure about yds.

Shortty, with just a few simple clicks, life can be so peaceful. B)

Sadly it's already set - but.. When I see that in a post in which I opened pandoras box, it's like the red button that says do not push. You can push any of these other 99 buttons, but DO NOT push this one. What do I do? 'View it anyway'

• Like 1

Im saying hes not the #1 WR on that team right now because of durability, age, etc.

John brown and malcom floyd clearly have the edge on him at this point in their careers

I will not argue Fitz has the best hands in the NFL and has been one of the best WR of all time.

Hes old its called father time. Floyd and brown will have better years this year because of that. Fitz has lots a step as well

Im saying hes not the #1 WR on that team right now because of durability, age, etc.

John brown and malcom floyd clearly have the edge on him at this point in their careers

I will not argue Fitz has the best hands in the NFL and has been one of the best WR of all time.

Hes old its called father time. Floyd and brown will have better years this year because of that. Fitz has lots a step as well

Shh. Be quiet.

You started the thread talking about skill. You need to talk about skill.

Folks have been saying Floyd (and now Brown) will overtake Fitz for YEARS now.

Facts. You should investigate what they are.

Floyd - 59 catches (on 114 targets) for 984 yards and 7 TDs

Brown - 66 (111), 1,001 and 7

Now, those are fairly solid numbers.... but:

Fitz - 99 (154), 1,139 and 6

Math, let's do some.

51.7%, 59.4% and 64.2%

Those are target-to-reception numbers.

Lastly: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

I'll let you figure it out.

Just stop.

Edit: Larry Fitzgerald is in the top-3 of overall "skill" in terms of WRs in the NFL. Maybe you just don't know what "skill" looks like. Wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by darin3

y'all should embrace OP and guys like him. this site is dead... d e a d ... dead. if not for his bait topics, you'd be posting somewhere else.

what killed this place?

Bill Swerski left. Muto won millions but blew it all on 798 leagues the following year. Then the one who's name will never be spoken (Rhymes with SMACKS SELF) showed up and pushed the few remaining OGs away. Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Bill Swerski left. Muto won millions but blew it all on 798 leagues the following year. Then the one who's name will never be spoken (Rhymes with SMACKS SELF) showed up and pushed the few remaining OGs away.

Board is also at least 15 years old, and not even the original one to begin with. Bound to have people fade in/out over the years as things change in life.

• Like 2