[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with the Jets

michaelredd9

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/337856/jets-re-sign-fitzpatrick-to-1-year-$12m-deal?ls=roto:FA:topheadlines

Jets re-sign Fitzpatrick to 1-year, $12M deal

Jets signed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year, $12 million contract.

The deal is fully guaranteed. Fitzpatrick can make another $3 million in incentives "based on team performance." The Jets and Fitzpatrick played hardball all offseason before ultimately agreeing to a deal on the first day of camp. The Jets were always Fitzpatrick's only realistic destination. His return locks in Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker as high-floor fantasy picks, whereas they may have been more volatile with Geno Smith under center. Fitzpatrick's salary puts him at the low end of NFL starters, but he'll have a chance for an extension if he repeats his 2015 success. Fitzpatrick is best viewed as a QB2 in fantasy leagues who should be useful to stream against weak defenses.
Jul 27 - 7:11 PM

I know Marshall and Decker are the obvious "thank goodness moments", however, I think this really helps Forte more than anyone. The threat of Fitz passing on any down should open some lanes for Forte or routes underneath that would not be possible with Geno. The biggest bump, IMO is to Forte.

This makes both guys climb a few spots in the rankings for me, but especially Marshall. Almost all of the WRs going after the first 4-5 have question marks. Marshall basically has none to me, he's the safest guy in that tier with Fitz locked in for redrafts.

Yeah Forte as well. I think it has more of an impact on the WRs because a less experienced QB would be more likely to lean on his RBs and TEs in passing situations, but still great news for Forte, I like him a lot this year even they're saying it'll be a committee.

Edited by pun