[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do I keep/trade?

How many Keepers per team? How many teams in league? Do you keep players in round drafted or not? Important information.

Assuming, Keep 1 in a 10-12 team league with draft round penalty:

Keep Lewis in the 15th, trade Freeman for an extra 3rd round pick. 4 picks in the first 3 rounds allows you to stack flex aggressively, so that you dont even miss Freeman, or lets you pick a high-end QB or TE without the penalty of missing a Flex guy in that round.

I like Freeman this year, but I would TOTALLY do this trade. In a heartbeat.

We keep three players but my other two are OBJ and Jordy Nelson (kept for 14th and 11th picks). I kept obj last year and he went undrafted year before that is why I get him for so cheap.

But thank you for the response. I'm just nervous that Freeman will be a stud again and trusting a Patriots RB scares me.

Keep Freeman. He is going 2nd round and you are getting him for a 5th. Trade Lewis, he is good, but not consistent. This is coming from a Patriots fan,to many balls to go around. Falcons have mainly Julio and Freeman. You want the guy that is going to consistently get you the most points week to week, not the one you can say you got late in the draft but is inconsistent. If they were both ranked similar and expected similar production the you would take the later round pick. For example: in my league this year I can keep A. Robinson(6th rd), or J. Nelson(18th rd). I like robinson, but as long as Nelson is healthy I am keeping Nelson, becuz they are pretty close.

Dion Lewis was no more "inconsistent" than Freeman was. His bust games were injury related, not "too many mouths to feed." That Freeman was special last season is an undeniable fact. Also undeniable, the last time that a RB outscored the field the way Freeman did in 2015, AND in full health, had an ADP outside the top 5 at his position the following year was never. Also... Patriots outscored the Falcons by 10 points per game in 2015.

All this to say... The fact that you're league is at Keep 3 makes Freeman a really good choice. By the 3rd round, your top 50 ADP are gone. I just love the value on Lewis, who was on pace to lead the league in RB targets on one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

Edited by HeresJohnny

I think I mentioned this in another thread you started on the same topic, but I'd keep Lewis. I really don't trust Freeman. He had a few good games that catapulted him to the top. Prior to that, he was the backup and Tevin Coleman was the future. Freeman only got another chance because Coleman got hurt and broke a few ribs in game 1 last year. Freeman was pretty much a bust in 2014 and lost his starting role to Coleman (if I recall correctly).

I don't see any mention of whether PPR or not...

If not PPR, I would keep Freeman and trade off Lewis. While I don't have confidence Freeman will repeat his last year, I still think he has a better chance at seeing the bulk of the backfield action/TDs. Lewis on the other hand will give up runs to other random Pats backs and is not a good bet for double digit TDs.

I don't see any mention of whether PPR or not...

If not PPR, I would keep Freeman and trade off Lewis. While I don't have confidence Freeman will repeat his last year, I still think he has a better chance at seeing the bulk of the backfield action/TDs. Lewis on the other hand will give up runs to other random Pats backs and is not a good bet for double digit TDs.

Fully agree here... Freeman in a Standard. Lewis was only on pace for 100 or so carries last season.