[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty to Extended Keeper

Long story short went from a 10 team IDP dynasty to an extended keeper league with IDP with POSITION LIMITS. We went from 3 each of LB DB & DL to 2 each, so that is why I will look overstocked at D. Also I realize my RB situation sucks. We keep 11 players, no more than 2 from any position. Total roster to be 26 with 15 starters & 11 bench with an IR of 2. Saying this TWICE so people realize it, we start TWO QB.

Starting postions

QB-2 RB-2 WR-2 TE-1 FLEX of RB/WR/TE-1, K-1 LB-2 DB-2 DL-2

My players I have to pick from, remember no more than 2 per position & we start 2 QB

POSITION LIMITS for this year

QB-4 RB-5 WR-6 TE-5 K-5 LB-5 DB-5 DL-5

QB - Roethlisberger, Rivers, Alex Smith

RB - Lacy, Melvin Gordon, J Stewart, J Allen(BAL), C West & Spencer Ware of KC

WR - J Jones (ATL), J Nelson (GB), K Benjamin (CAR), J Maclin, E Sanders, D Moncreif (IND)

S Johnson (SD)

TE - Z Miller (CHI) K- S Hauschka

LB - N Bowman, B Wagner, D Trevathan, K Mack, A Barr (MIN), S Anthony (NO)

DB - B Church, L Collins (NYG) Eric Weddle (BAL), W Allen (PIT), M Jenkins (PHI)

DL - J Howard (KC), E Ansah (DET), S Tuitt (PIT), C Johnson (CAR)

So far who I plan on keeping, have to have keepers submitted by Aug 13th

QB- Ben, Rivers

RB - Lacy, Gordon, yes I know not very great but I cant see much better getting cut to waivers

WR - Julio, Jordy

LB - Bowman, Wagner

That leaves me with 3 more to keep. This new system is killing me. I figure I can get another TE but I am Bears fan & figure on cutting both Bears players I have. Not enthused about cutting Hauschka but figure I can get good K again as most others will likely cut their K too. My problem is I feel I have 2 each DB & DL worth keeping. I admit I am not strongly versed on IDP but am I correct in thinking DL is probable a thinner position than DB & therefore should keep 2 DL & 1 DB? Which players?

Thanks for whatever help can be given.

Tackle Heavy or Big Play league?

This is the D scoring & said play 2 per position this year.

Each Sack (SK) 2 Every 5 Total Tackles (TK5) 0.5 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 1 Each Interception (INT) 2 Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2 Each Fumble Forced (FF) 1 Each Safety (SF) 2 Assisted Tackles (TKA) 1 Solo Tackles (TKS) 1.5 Passes Defensed (PD) 1.5

Seems to favor tackles then provided my math is right. In this instance, I would favor keeping the 2 S (Church and Collins) and only keeping Ansah from your DL. While DL isn't nearly as deep as DB, Collins and Church are both tacklers that should finish similarly to how they did last year (top 10 DB in tackle heavy).

Seems to favor tackles then provided my math is right. In this instance, I would favor keeping the 2 S (Church and Collins) and only keeping Ansah from your DL. While DL isn't nearly as deep as DB, Collins and Church are both tacklers that should finish similarly to how they did last year (top 10 DB in tackle heavy).

Thanks. I had did some more research after posting this & came up with pretty much the exact same thing you said. Do you think I should stick with Gordon for RB2? I figure a young RB that was in a bad position last year might be a better long term gamble than an aging RB in a good system that can catch (PPR league) but isn't thrown too that much.

Thanks. I had did some more research after posting this & came up with pretty much the exact same thing you said. Do you think I should stick with Gordon for RB2? I figure a young RB that was in a bad position last year might be a better long term gamble than an aging RB in a good system that can catch (PPR league) but isn't thrown too that much.

Ya I'd favor Gordon over the others due to age and opportunity. Think Stewart cedes to many runs/run TDs to Newton and approaching the wrong side of 30; and Ware may be the main back after Jamaal, but so far it just looks like him and West may just vulture value from each other in a RBBC.