[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOF game cancelled!?!

drafter

Sucks for the little ones that the family spent good money on to go to a big league game. Double down suckage if they traveled from afar and blew their complete vacation coin on the events.

Do people spend vacation money on preseason games?

I agree it sucks but seems like the fan impact would be minimal and in fact, season ticket holders probably rejoicing since they pay full price for preseason tickets. I can't imagine ever traveling for a preseason game but that's just me. Perhaps there are people out there who are THAT into it?

I agree it sucks but seems like the fan impact would be minimal and in fact, season ticket holders probably rejoicing since they pay full price for preseason tickets. I can't imagine ever traveling for a preseason game but that's just me. Perhaps there are people out there who are THAT into it?

I wouldn't but it was hall of fame weekend so yeah, I'm assuming alot of people traveled there this weekend

Luck said during his interview that there were lots of Indiana and Wisconsin license plates there. He sounded pretty unhappy about the cancellation.

http://deadspin.com/a-dumb-avoidable-comedy-of-errors-led-to-cancelling-th-1784974743

According to several sources familiar with the field preparation, things went awry after the subsequent painting of logos in the middle of the field and in the end zones on Sunday. Improper paint may have been used, and when it did not seem to be drying quickly enough, someone apparently made the dubious decision to heat the field in an effort to dry it — thus melting the rubber pellets inside the FieldTurf and creating a slick, sticky and (in Baker’s words) “congealed” effect.

At one point about 2.5 hours before the game, stadium workers applied a substance that appeared to be paint thinner in an effort to remedy the issue. However, according to a Packers source, one Green Bay employee noticed a label that warned of severe burns when exposed to skin and took a photo of it, showing it to others after the teams later retreated to their respective locker rooms.

:rofl:

• Like 1

What a mess. Some mistakes were surely made, I thought I read that the field had been painted a day or two before, then covered during a concert Friday night and the induction ceremony on Sunday. Also something about them using the wrong paint.

Who knows lots of conflicting evidence. The stadium is going under some massive renovation and I read that they are not even playing HS games there this season (field is right by a HS and they've also held HS playoffs there in the past). I'm sure some people made some bad decisions, and then compounded those with more of them.

PS There is no way this game is being resheduled, whoever said that (wherever Opie heard it) is peddling BS.

So to recap, it sounds like some jamokes put house paint on the field; busted out hair blowers to try and dry paint that was sitting on top of small, rubber, easily meltable pellets; and finally tried to clean up the mess with a toxic and skin-melting chemical that was to be imminently rolled around upon by short-sleeved men.

Billion. Dollar. Industry.

NFL also means, Not For Long

• Like 3

So to recap, it sounds like some jamokes put house paint on the field; busted out hair blowers to try and dry paint that was sitting on top of small, rubber, easily meltable pellets; and finally tried to clean up the mess with a toxic and skin-melting chemical that was to be imminently rolled around upon by short-sleeved men.

Billion. Dollar. Industry.

NFL also means, Not For Long

Based on Silver's report, from a bunch of sources.....

Yes I'm sure they used house paint and hair dryers.

Indiana and Wisconsin are drivable distances.. Gas, Hotel, Food, Tickets, etc. Yeah - some people spent some $$ to get there..

And toll roads!

From Wisconsin for sure, but not from the Indy area to Canton, no reason to use IN/OH toll roads, just take 70 across, then 77 north (goes right past HOF).

Besides tolls are a relatively small amount on a trip like that, especially with multiple people.