[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League Year 2 Draft Rules

candlestick_curse

Hi Forum,

I'm brand new to this site, but wanted to talk to you guys that have played in Dynasty leagues. Last year was our first year and as far as I know no one including the commissioner had played Dynasty before (This is in yahoo btw. 16 team, 4 division, offense and idp players included). In our league its a dynasty so you can keep up to all of your players, but you have to keep minimum of 9.

So now we are in our second year, but still trying to figure out how the draft will work. The current proposal is that we set our keepers and our keepers will determine what rounds we have available for drafting based on where we drafted that player last year. So for those you keep they will take the same draft spot as last year +1 and FA acquisitions will fill slots from the last round up. For example if I keep my 1,2,3,6,7,9,10,12,15 round draft pick players from last year then those players will take up rounds 1,2,3,5,6,8,9,11,14 of this year, which would leave me draft picks in rounds 4,7,10,12,13, and beyond to draft rookies/free agents. Is this how most dynasties do it for the years after the first initial draft year? Or is there a better way? The other complicated thing is that we allowed future draft pick trades last year and so now there are guys that have keepers in rounds that they have already traded their pick away. For example using my example above say I have a keeper that would take up round 3 however I traded my round 3 pick away, what should we do here. Since there were no draft rules before this year it wouldn't seem fair for someone to lose their 3rd round keeper player since at the time they were just trading a pick and were unaware that it would hurt who there keepers for the next year.

I hope this is not confusing, but if I lost you at all, I'm just wondering how you guys in dynasty draft after the initial year, in say year 2, 3, 4 and how future draft pick trades are handled.

Thanks in advance for the help.