[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4th overall pick in round 1

scatalano6

I've been doing mock drafts all summer, and I know it doesn't simulate the members in my league, but I'm seeing that at least 2 of the top 3 receivers are off the board by the time my pick comes around. I'm still a big believer that hitting on your RB1 in round 1 is a big game changer. So i find myself selecting Todd Gurley in most drafts. Im looking for advice for the smartest choice to make at this tough draft position.

If available, should I select:

Todd Gurley

Adrian Peterson

David Johnson

or if still available..

Julio Jones or maybe even OBJ

Thanks

I have Beckham and then Julio above all of those if one was to fall to you.

Out of the 3 RB I trust Gurley and AP much more than DJ at this stage but its all down to personal preference.

I'm almost set on taking Gurley as the RB1 if available, but recently i have been more intrigued my DJ. A lot of 'experts' are really high on him being a future freak starting this year

I'm almost set on taking Gurley as the RB1 if available, but recently i have been more intrigued my DJ. A lot of 'experts' are really high on him being a future freak starting this year

PPR or standard? In PPR I'd take DJ, in standard Gurley.

Call me crazy, but I would not take Gurley over any of the top-tier wide receivers. The Rams offense is a complete disaster. They have to choose between a crappy backup quarterback or the rookie who so far looks crappy. Where a single player is too big a part of an offense, there will be very uneven results, depending upon the philosophy of the opposing defensive coordinator.

That means Todd Gurley will give you a huge amount of points one week, and bust you out the next week. It has also been my experience that Bell cow running backs are not very dependable come Fantasy Playoff time due to the amount of wear over the course of a season. This is when little known players emerge as big producers historically at the running back position.

For all these reasons, I expect Gurley to have compiled Statistics over the course of the Season that will justify his RB 1 draft position. However, I also expect that he will play a couple of eggs in weeks 13 + 14. On the other hand, top wide receivers should be reliable producers every week and do not have the same wear and tear issues that all running backs struggle 2 play through. I am not at all suggesting to avoid Gurley, but given such amazing Alternatives at the wide receiver position, I would take what is a more reliable producer week in, week out.

Antonio

ODB

Julio

Greene

Hopkins

Dez

Should all be drafted prior to Gurley

Edited by KIAball1996

I personally like Johnson more than Gurley. Gurley is talented, and definitely a top RB, but he's who defenses will plan to stop. There's really no receivers or tight ends to worry about, so they'll stuff the box and make it tough on Gurley. Johnson, however, is on an offense with arguably the best receiving corps in fitz, Floyd, brown, Nelson, and Gresham. So they can't just focus on Johnson, giving him more opportunity

I WANT TO TAKE DAVID JOHNSON SO BAD!!! IS HE THE CLEAR NUMBER 1?!?! Was Chris Johnson starting last year just a way to ease David Johnson into the league? Sounds normal to me

It's your team you should take who you want. If the 3 WRs are gone I see no reason that DJ isn't an option at 4.

Stay away from Johnson dont take the risk on a hit or miss

Isn't every player a risk? Injuries, poor QB play, etc

Johnson may be a complete disaster....be careful....take a stud WR !!

Scared CJ will actually take work away from him?

Isn't every player a risk? Injuries, poor QB play, etc

Scared CJ will actually take work away from him?

I dont think he will be a disaster at all. i do think the cardinals are still very dynamic and can end up using CJ a lot if healthy. But DJ will break out, i know it. I'll probably only pick him in PPR leagues, but idk