[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Went with "zero RB" strategy..... Melvin Gordon 2K16?

Papa Deuce

• 2 months later...

Yep. But if you read my original post, I think he will be a high end 2 this year... and that only happens if he scores TD's.... and I think he will.

I think he has far surpassed anybody's guess for this season...... he's more than a 2,

And Foster and Lewis were both pretty useless. So they went where they should have.....

Edited by Papa Deuce

im definitely impressed with his performance this year and hope he keeps it going ...

I have to wonder how things woulda been with a healthy Woodhead tho

Yeah, but that doesn't take away from what Gordon has been able to do with what he's been given. I think this was a huge blessing in disguise because they were too predictable in sets they ran Woodhead, and they forced it to him far too often. Gordon has been amazing in pass protection too!

I only like self-congratulatory thread pull-ups when Itwat does it. Papa Deuce checking in for duty.

I dunno, between The MG3 zero RB strat to calling out Dion Lewis' injury ahead of time, Papa Deuce is like the fantasy Nostradamus.

• Like 1

Yeah, but that doesn't take away from what Gordon has been able to do with what he's been given. I think this was a huge blessing in disguise because they were too predictable in sets they ran Woodhead, and they forced it to him far too often. Gordon has been amazing in pass protection too!

you think Woodheads injury was a blessing in disguise? Maybe im not understanding you...

I think a healthy Woodhead + Gordon would be one of the better RB tandems in the league and could really create problems for D's... a true change of pace situation.

At any rate, hopefully Gordon continues with his development and we can get the rest of the team healthy.... will be very exciting!

you think Woodheads injury was a blessing in disguise? Maybe im not understanding you...

I think a healthy Woodhead + Gordon would be one of the better RB tandems in the league and could really create problems for D's... a true change of pace situation.

At any rate, hopefully Gordon continues with his development and we can get the rest of the team healthy.... will be very exciting!

Well, that sounded bad. I agree that they'd be one of the strongest 1-2 punches in the NFL, but they were never used right. They were so content on handing it off to Woodhead within the 10, and for what reason? Last year was a disaster as far as offensive play calling, but it was so predictable what we were doing every time Woodhead lined up. We certainly weren't having the same success last year in the red zone. Gordon has almost single handedly fixed that issue himself, and opened up plenty of opportunities for our other options when the defense is looking down the rushing TD leader