[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dorial Green Beckham to the Eagles

loaf

He is in his second camp. If he isn't working hard by now, he probably never will. I think teams sometimes wait too long on players just because they used a high draft pick on them. Bill Belichick doesn't. He has no problem cutting a draft pick before a player's first season. The Titans have a young squad with a young, talented quarterback. They don't need the distraction of a knucklehead.

This is pretty much it. His rookie year he got a bit of a pass since he hadn't actually played a game in over a year, so most of his mistakes were attributed to rust in addition to the usual rookie learning curve. He did have some productive moments, and the idea was he could build on those coming into his second year and have a whole offseason to learn and improve.

Well that didn't happen. He showed up out of shape with no grasp on the playbook. He couldn't run a route to save his life. He had frequent drops and gave up on plays. About all he could do was run downfield and leap for jump balls. He showed no almost improvement whatsoever from his first day as a rookie. He's got all the athletic ability in the world, but his mental ability is limited at best and he has a poor work ethic to boot. The Titans had enough and got rid of him. From what I hear the OL they got for him was likely going to be among Philly's first cuts so I hold no expectations of him, but at least he'll give some effort.

• Like 1

Doug Pederson played for Philly in 1999. He started 9 games. He had a 52% completion percentage. 1,276 passing yards. 7 touchdowns. 9 interceptions. Rookie Donovan McNabb took over the reins midway through game 9.

Pederson should have never started a game in the NFL. Andy brought him with him from GB because he knew the offense and could teach it to Donovan as well as keep the seat warm as he inherited a terrible team with no offensive line.

He couldn't throw an out or further than 10 yards downfield. What he did on the field was no indication of how he could or will coach.

I don't even comprehend any relevance in posting the stats he had for the half-ish season he started or how it could possibly correlate to play calling.

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 2

Pederson should have never started a game in the NFL. Andy brought him with him from GB because he knew the offense and could teach it to Donovan as well as keep the seat war as he inherited a terrible team with no offensive line.

He couldn't throw an out or further than 10 yards downfield. What he did on the field was no indication of how he could or will coach.

He was basically a player-coach. The perfect mentor for McNabb. And the best coaches don't tend to be great players. A journeyman with little natural talent understands the game far more than a player who succeeds because of natural talent.

• Like 1

As a DGB owner I look art it this way - if he stayed with the Titans, he was going to be buried on the depth chart and play very limited snaps unless there was an injury. And the Titans look more and more like a ground and pound team. At least with the Eagles, he will get a fresh start. So there is a better chance for his to play in Philly then there ever was in Tennessee.

However, it is a major red flag that a team gives up a second round WR with this much talent for practically nothing. I had pegged DGB as a breakout WR over the winter. I retract that statement now and hope he good enough for a bye week filler.

I am not sure I understand the Titans' side of this. You draft a prospect in the 2nd round, that you know is complete raw and I'll need time, and then you cut bait on him after only one year for a depth player.

Maybe there are attitude/personality/behavioral issues. Remember, this was the cretin who was expelled from Missouri for throwing a girl down a flight of steps. He's also as dumb as a door knob from what I've read elsewhere and wasn't getting the system/playbook. In Tennessee's system for Mariota, routes have to be run precisely more than ever and DGB wasn't getting it.

Rotoworld

Nelson Agholor - WR - Eagles
According to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane, 2015 first-rounder Nelson Agholor has "struggled to catch balls, create separation, and run consistent routes" at Eagles camp.
Last year's 20th overall pick, Agholor is making no noise this summer and has been put on notice following the Eagles' trade for Dorial Green-Beckham. McLane also notes Agholor was a Chip Kelly selection, suggesting GM Howie Roseman wasn't on board with the pick. If Agholor wasn't guaranteed his salary, he'd probably be on the roster bubble. The Eagles are setting themselves up to roll with Jordan Matthews and DGB for years to come at the receiver spot.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News Aug 17 - 9:58 AM

Rueben Randle - WR - Eagles
The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reports Rueben Randle has "failed to impress" this summer and is "expendable."
After drawing praise from coach Doug Pederson earlier this month, it's been all downhill from there for Randle. With the acquisition of Dorial Green-Beckham on Tuesday, Randle and fellow veteran free agent signing WR Chris Givens are on the roster bubble and in danger of not making the 53-man team. DGB, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, and KR/WR Josh Huff are ahead of Randle.

The Eagles assume the contract, which means a possible $$ savings for the Titans.

If DGB couldn't work hard enough for the Titans, I would guess he'll still take over a year to learn yet another playbook.

Did read that the Eagles weren't as enamored with Randle recently. Doubt DGB affects Matthews or Agholor.

Its a rookie contract, and he still has another year left on it. Only way Titans save money is by replacing him with another rookie. Bargain for PHL if he stays clean on and off the field, and is a good teammate.

I wonder if Demarco Murray knew something about the OL the Eagles gave up, and encouraged the Titans to get him? Maybe he is better in a traditional blocking scheme than in what Chip wanted him to be?

I wonder if Demarco Murray knew something about the OL the Eagles gave up, and encouraged the Titans to get him? Maybe he is better in a traditional blocking scheme than in what Chip wanted him to be?

:rofl:

oh wait, were you being serious?

:huh:

• Like 1

Its a rookie contract, and he still has another year left on it. Only way Titans save money is by replacing him with another rookie. Bargain for PHL if he stays clean on and off the field, and is a good teammate.

His contract has 3 years remaining, and the Titans take a $1.5M hit to release him (prorated signing bonus remaining) so they aren't saving anything this year, but the last two years were scheduled at $900k and $1.1M plus $500k each so TEN will likely save some bucks those years.

:rofl:

oh wait, were you being serious?

:huh:

I dunno. the Titans traded for the Eagles starting RB, then months later traded for a guy who Murray ran behind. You don't think they picked up the phone and asked "Hey DeMarco, we are dumping DGB, and might be interested in this dude from Philly. Is he any good, anything we should know about him?"

I dunno. the Titans traded for the Eagles starting RB, then months later traded for a guy who Murray ran behind. You don't think they picked up the phone and asked "Hey DeMarco, we are dumping DGB, and might be interested in this dude from Philly. Is he any good, anything we should know about him?"

Dennis kelly is terrible. he was a back-up who was forced to start last year. He was not good. He was heading towards being a cut this year as well and this team still needs OL help, yet the were willing to unload him. So no, not good. Maybe the Titans' OL scheme consists of the guard letting his guy run past while the others are blocked?

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know why the Titans would show interest in anyone Murray ran behind last year, hah.

The irony of the whole thing is that on Murray's 72 yard TD run last week, it was DGB's block that sprung him.

• Like 1

On the DGB release, Mularkey all but said outright that he had a poor work ethic. With Rodgers or the old Peyton at QB, he might have had promise. But with the tight quick routes expected to favor Mariota's speed and accuracy he's a poor fit.

I think he'll get eaten alive in Philly.

Seems they could have gotten more for him though.