[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Annual "I will not draft... list"

dfv87

I will not draft any Seahawks RB. I think the situation is going to be a mess for the foreseeable future (fantasy wise..)

I also won't draft any offensive positions from the Broncos at this point. I don't have one iota of faith in CJ Anderson. I don't like the ADP of Thomas nor Sanders for the questionable QB situation they have. They're not a flashy, throwing team because of who their identity is.

Seconding the seahawks RB situation. As for Thomas I haven't seen anyone talking about him as a top 10 WR, same for CJ. I'm definitely not picking CJ Anderson, but I do not think a lot of people are high on him. Thomas I'd go for in the 5th round.

I've only finished ranking my QBs and RBs for this year so with that in mind:

Adrian Peterson. I would think about his child abusing chalupaness and feel gross every time I started him.

Eddie Lacy. Lack of consistency.

Matt Forte. Unless he's available far down in the draft I will avoid. I'm guessing he's lost a lot of steam.

CJ Anderson. I do not see the Broncos doing much, repeatedly reeling on offense. Dirty Sanchez not doing too much. Defenses not having to focus on a few specific players. I think I'd be annoyed deciding if he's worth starting, thus not bothering to take him. I do not need that stress.

I know everyone says he did great because of the Cowboys line, but I'm not with everyone on Demarco Murray. I see him doing well this year if used right by the coaches.

as for QBs I do not see anyone I'd avoid besides Sam Bradford, or any Eagle besides Jordan Matthews in the 8th round or later. I'm even targeting Wentz and Goff in my keeper leagues at the bottom of the draft.

I like SoS for any position and I only look at the bookends. I also only really use the tool around week 9 or later when approaching the trade deadline as I try to snake a player who probably had a horrible schedule and has favorable upcoming games.

I also don't use weeks 1-xxx as a range, I use the last 4 or 5 weeks as a range to calculate because everything is usually a mess the first month of the season...

Ideally, I like to start using it around week 9 while using weeks 4-8 and then 5-8 as a range to calculate and look to see if there are any drastic changes. If I see a rb I can get at the top of the SoS, I try to see how much it would take to get said player.

Why the Rivers hate?

Even if he has a reason why I'll never get the "I won't draft that guy I don't like him" or "I hate the Cowboys I won't draft them."

Or "at the ADP they'll take I'll pass", that not a do not draft that's an I expect not to draft.

But some good discussion of the SOS stuff, so it was worth reading.

• Like 1

Even if he has a reason why I'll never get the "I won't draft that guy I don't like him" or "I hate the Cowboys I won't draft them."

Yeah, i think it's completely silly. I'm also a SD fan first and foremost, but i'll be happy to start anyone from a divisional team if it helps me win the championship, haha. Plus, Rivers was the guy last year that threw 500 yards in a losing effort, so you can have your cake and eat it too with him!

I would draft these players if they dropped, but based off of current ADP I probably won't be drafting them:

David Johnson, no way I would take someone who had 5 good games and have him produce as a 1st rounder. There is just a lot of mouths to feed in AZ, and I have a feeling the Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington. I think he is a great player, but at the same time it was such a small sample size and just too risky that high for me.

Devonta Freeman reminds me of Johnson except if Freeman had the 1st half of the year in the 2nd half he would be going in the 1st round, probably where Johnson is going. Coleman will be taking more and more touches away from him as the season progress and I believe will be the starting RB at the end of the year. Plus ATL is going to be behind a lot and that means

Jordan Reed because I think it's gronk or just wait for a TE. Based off a 4th round adp just is too expensive and I would rather take a flyer on a TE in the 10th or 11th who will probably be only a couple of points per game behind him. Plus I don't trust the redskins offense or Cousins.

Jeremy Hill/Gio Bernard: Just had too much of them the last 2 years trying to predict who's going to do well each week, just take my chances else where.

Gore: I mean the wheels have to fall off eventually (Probably will prove me wrong again this year lol)

Eli Manning: I drafted him once and it seemed like every time I started him, he would throw 3 or 4 picks. Just on my personal never draft list.

• Like 1

Or "at the ADP they'll take I'll pass", that not a do not draft that's an I expect not to draft.

But some good discussion of the SOS stuff, so it was worth reading.

Well other than Mike Vick I can't think of another guy I wouldn't draft on principle. I held out on Ben Rapists but finally needed him a couple years ago. Mehhh

As far as ADP, it is completely pertinent to the conversation. I won't draft Eddie Lacy because he is a fat slug and some other sucker will draft him well before I would even consider it. Completely to the point of the thread.

• Like 2

In this day and age, I think there are more people who are fantasy football fans first, fans of their favorite NFL team second (if they even have a favorite team). So yeah, I can see why some people don't understand. For me, I just choose to never draft Rivers because I don't want the conflict of interest. For some reason, it's only ever one guy for me, as I had LaDainian on different teams over the years. Back in the day, I couldn't stand Rich Gannon when he led the Raiders to the SB. I think it's always a division rival's QB, because it was Montana as a Chief before that...

• Like 1

I would draft these players if they dropped, but based off of current ADP I probably won't be drafting them:

David Johnson, no way I would take someone who had 5 good games and have him produce as a 1st rounder. There is just a lot of mouths to feed in AZ, and I have a feeling the Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington. I think he is a great player, but at the same time it was such a small sample size and just too risky that high for me.

Devonta Freeman reminds me of Johnson except if Freeman had the 1st half of the year in the 2nd half he would be going in the 1st round, probably where Johnson is going. Coleman will be taking more and more touches away from him as the season progress and I believe will be the starting RB at the end of the year. Plus ATL is going to be behind a lot and that means

Jordan Reed because I think it's gronk or just wait for a TE. Based off a 4th round adp just is too expensive and I would rather take a flyer on a TE in the 10th or 11th who will probably be only a couple of points per game behind him. Plus I don't trust the redskins offense or Cousins.

Jeremy Hill/Gio Bernard: Just had too much of them the last 2 years trying to predict who's going to do well each week, just take my chances else where.

Gore: I mean the wheels have to fall off eventually (Probably will prove me wrong again this year lol)

Eli Manning: I drafted him once and it seemed like every time I started him, he would throw 3 or 4 picks. Just on my personal never draft list.

I was pretty hyped on targeting reed in ppr league and putting in there with 3 real good receivers....now im kind of not so sure....it doesn't have anything to do with cousins or the skins offense(im actually ok with them)....I love reeds talent....as most do.....I just don't know if hes worth the pricetag......

reed is kind of one of those guys that you look at and say "he can outperform his projection"...which is what youd need to make him worth it....but hes prob coming with a 4th round pricetag....if he hits his projection hes just not worth it the pricetag imo.....a projection of about a point a game over a guy like fleener, whom you can get a few rounds later, just wouldn't make him worth it

but cousins loves him and hes a mismatch..and the skins will find way to get matchups they want for reed.....he could outperform his projection...I just wonder by how much?

In this day and age, I think there are more people who are fantasy football fans first, fans of their favorite NFL team second (if they even have a favorite team). So yeah, I can see why some people don't understand. For me, I just choose to never draft Rivers because I don't want the conflict of interest. For some reason, it's only ever one guy for me, as I had LaDainian on different teams over the years. Back in the day, I couldn't stand Rich Gannon when he led the Raiders to the SB. I think it's always a division rival's QB, because it was Montana as a Chief before that...

For a while I was the same. But opposite. I was an Eagles fan as my family was for years, thus I'd avoid drafting any Eagle as possible. They always disappoint. But after a few years I did not see any point in rooting for a specific team. Now I care about football until the fantasy playoffs are over.

Although I am obsessed with FF and likely always will be, my Heehawks always come first. Icing on the cake is getting Heehawks players on my FF team. I TRY not to homer too much when picking, but it inevitably happens once during my local. That being said, there is nobody I wouldn't pick if the value is right.

Edited by heehawks

Yeah I hear the sentiment on I will draft anybody if the price is right but for me it still comes down to the price would have to be a steal for me to take a chance on Bell this year. But guys staking your #1 or #2 pick on a guy with his baggage... I don't know if I could do that.

Draft David Johnson. If you watched his games last year, you saw a true talent. That boy good. And fresh.

I am staying away from Adrian Peterson. I see this as the year the wheels fall off. He's been hit too much, every year he's looked less dynamic than the one before (when he hasn't been hurt). I see McKinnon starting by week 6 because of injury/ineffectiveness. See, I use a lot of see, no stats to back it up, because the season was good last year. This is just a prognostication based on a feel (i.e. a sucker's bet).

I am staying away from Broncos. Let them sort it out this year; I'm not gonna wager on it at the get go.

I'm thinking Chargers skill players benefit from a healthy start. All in on rolling the dice on Rivers, Gates, and ... Branden Oliver as a last round selection. That boy good too.

Also...I don't think Lacy's fat anymore, right? He's back on the draft list for me. Last year was ho-ho-rific, I'm willing to give him another shot. I witnessed personally what he did at Bama (of course I also witnessed Trent Richardson being the best back ever, no way possible he could fail) and know what he's capable of "in the zone." If he stayed on the zone diet, yeah, let's give it another shot in the 3rd round.

Edited by WildTurkey