[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on **UNIQUE** Draft strategy..

KleinyME

Hello all, I have a draft coming up this Sunday the 21st and I plan to stream QB, Def, & Kicker, League is NOT PPR Will Start. I'm considering not drafting a Kicker Def or QB. take some lottery ticket picks instead and then pick from the waiver wire. (thinking flacco week 1) Def - 49ers Kicker IDK

1 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 FLEX (RB TE WR)

1 TE

1 K

1 DEF

12 team Mock picked 11th

1. Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)
3. Matt Forte (NYJ - RB)
4. Randall Cobb (GB - WR)
5. Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)
6. Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)
7. Marvin Jones Jr. (Det - WR)
8. Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
9. Travis Benjamin (SD - WR)
10. Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
11. LeGarrette Blount (NE - RB)
12. Markus Wheaton (Pit - WR)
13. Jared Cook (GB - TE)
14. Jay Ajayi (Mia - RB)
15. Jerick McKinnon (Min - RB)

12 team picked 2nd

1. Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG - WR)

2. Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
3. LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)
4. Eric Decker (NYJ - WR)
5. Matt Forte (NYJ - RB)
6. Marvin Jones Jr. (Det - WR)
7. DeSean Jackson (Was - WR)
8. Travis Benjamin (SD - WR)
9. Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
10. Stefon Diggs (Min - WR)
11. Phillip Dorsett (Ind - WR)
12. Bilal Powell (NYJ - RB)
13. LeGarrette Blount (NE - RB)
14. Jerick McKinnon (Min - RB)
15. Jermaine Kearse (Sea - WR)

I'm looking for thoughts/suggestions ect of going into a draft and purposely not taking a Defense, Kicker and probably the biggest taboo no QB

If it catches on I'm dubbing it the Zero QB Strategy

Here comes the onslaught.

Thanks! what I'm suggesting is an extreme variation used to take advantage of snagging up 3 more players that could look much more attractive in a couple weeks after the preseason dust settles.

Who do are some possible unexpected starters to target with very high upside I should target?

Thoughts on the rosters created in the 2 mock drafts above?

Thanks! what I'm suggesting is an extreme variation used to take advantage of snagging up 3 more players that could look much more attractive in a couple weeks after the preseason dust settles.

Or you could have your draft after the preseason dust settles.

I won my main local one in 2007 starting Sage Rosenfels through the playoffs. I beat the dude with Brady in the final (this was the year Brady threw 50 TDs). There's definitely validity to the strategy of streaming at QB, especially if you are able to grab excellent value at RB and WR every step of the way. I'd personally not want to stream TE as well though, simply because I don't think you can play matchups and find a TE on the wire worth anything the same way you can with QBs. However, you might ignore TE for a long while and take a flier on one or two late, then trade your way into a TE upgrade if enough of your RBs and WRs pan out.

Edited by MTSuper7

The one live draft I've had so far this year - I took 2 QB's late, but have since cut one.

I took Romo in the 13th round and Winston in the 14th round (16 round draft). Cut Romo to pick up a backup TE who I think has enough upside to take a flyer on (ASJ).

I haven't really cared much about the QB position for years, and I win my share of leagues - almost always make the playoffs. I love it when other guys get all panicky and draft 2 QB's in the first 8 rds - that just drops more RB/WR talent to me :)

Based on some data analysis I've done, it seems like picking a QB early provides a good amount of value.

Basically I made a spreadsheet that projects how many players will be picked before your next round pick. It then calculates the value of the current #1 player for the position over the player likely to be available next round. I've gone through a few mock drafts, and it always predicts high dropoff for QBs in the first couple of rounds. There's a pretty huge dropoff in value across the top 3-5 QBs.

Also, projections are SIGNIFICANTLY more accurate for QBs than RBs, and even WRs. With an RB or even a WR or TE, you are taking more of a gamble than a QB.

You can download details on the analysis at http://www.mediafire.com/download/jd5sr1tefplj7fx/Instructions_and_Other_Info_-_Standard_Rules.docx and pick up the spreadsheet at http://www.ebay.com/itm/201649524174?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l264 if you're interested.

This is PURE, (the really bad word)ING GOLD.