[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Check in on Dak Prescott

InTomWeTrust

Oatmeal please

See, now there's a problem. I only do chocolate chip.

I wonder how much the Brown are trying to rape the Cowboys now for McCown? At this point if you bring someone in they will have similar issues as Dak in terms of knowing the offense.

I say roll the dice and see what you get with Dak. Worst case an early draft pick next year.

• Like 1

I wonder how much the Brown are trying to rape the Cowboys now for McCown? At this point if you bring someone in they will have similar issues as Dak in terms of knowing the offense.

I say roll the dice and see what you get with Dak. Worst case an early draft pick next year.

:lol: Seriously, crap the bed this year, keep Zeke fresh and get Deshaun Watson next summer. How sick would that be... Dez, Watson and Zeke.

Heck, it's already looking fairly good with Dak, Dez and Zeke.

In other news, iTwit's head is about to explode. At least it'll clear up his acne.

:lol: Seriously, crap the bed this year, keep Zeke fresh and get Deshaun Watson next summer. How sick would that be... Dez, Watson and Zeke.

Heck, it's already looking fairly good with Dak, Dez and Zeke.

In other news, iTwit's head is about to explode. At least it'll clear up his acne.

Watson next summer?

This clearly shows what you know about football :rofl:

prescott did better against bama in 2014 in tuscalosa with no one around him than watson did with lots of talent around him :rofl::rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

I watched most of the DAL game and Dak did not look very good. He's a game manager, so he's not 'bad' per se, but he's also not good. This offense is going get worse too now that there's film on him. Dak likes the dink and dunk. I saw a lot of Witten and Beasley and that is not good for the DAL offense. Zeke looked bad too. This team is going to miss Romo.

I watched most of the DAL game and Dak did not look very good. He's a game manager, so he's not 'bad' per se, but he's also not good. This offense is going get worse too now that there's film on him. Dak likes the dink and dunk. I saw a lot of Witten and Beasley and that is not good for the DAL offense. Zeke looked bad too. This team is going to miss Romo.

Could it be that Garrett didn't want to expose Dak too much and limited the play calling to dinks and dunks?

I doubt he's got much of the playbook to work with, and it's very vanilla at this point. I think he got off to a very good start and it regressed from quarter to quarter. With pressure came high throws, and he did make one strong deep throw, maybe one more, but that was it really. I can see how the Dak optimist would feel good about his first pro game though because he was average and certainly wasn't bad.

Could it be that Garrett didn't want to expose Dak too much and limited the play calling to dinks and dunks?

Sure, anything is possible. Things can change. I can't predict the future. I can only speculate from what I saw today and if I were a Cowboy fan, I'd be worried. I'll be trying to trade Dez in the 1 league where I can. Thankfully, only have him in 2 meaningful leagues. I hesitantly drafted Dez to begin with and today's performance does not make me feel good. I know you're a homer and I applaud any optimism you may have and I don't blame you either. They almost won today despite all of the challenges they faced. That is something to be optimistic about. I'm coming strictly from a fantasy perspective, but I will try to trade Dez this week. My gut says run, don't walk.

He is a rookie QB, drafted in the 4th round as the 8th overall QB taken, who was unexpectedly thrust into the starting roll just a few weeks before the season started. Nobody, Dak included, expected he would have this large a roll this soon. Then to top it off, despite a historical precedence of how irrelevant the preseason really is in evaluating a player's performance in the regular season, people lined up to jump on the Dak bandwagon, proclaiming him the savior of the Cowboys. Did anybody expect that Dak would know the whole playbook or even half the playbook? Did everybody really believe that Seattle played more than a base defense without much effort to mix it up? Rookie QBs have growing pains.

What everybody should have expected is that when it gets real and when teams have video to study it wouldn't be so easy for Dak.

• Like 1

I doubt he's got much of the playbook to work with, and it's very vanilla at this point. I think he got off to a very good start and it regressed from quarter to quarter. With pressure came high throws, and he did make one strong deep throw, maybe one more, but that was it really. I can see how the Dak optimist would feel good about his first pro game though because he was average and certainly wasn't bad.

Agreed. From a purely football fan perspective and more specifically, a cowboy fan, I'm with you. From a fantasy perspective. I'm selling ASAP.

Agreed. From a purely football fan perspective and more specifically, a cowboy fan, I'm with you. From a fantasy perspective. I'm selling ASAP.

I would have drafted Dak as a backup but in my drafts he was over-hyped and over-valued so he didn't fall far enough. I did avoid Dez Bryant because I believe last time Romo was out, instead of stepping up Dez checked out.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I would have drafted Dak as a backup but in my drafts he was over-hyped and over-valued so he didn't fall far enough. I did avoid Dez Bryant because I believe last time Romo was out, instead of stepping up Dez checked out.

That's good to know. Thankfully, I only drafted Dez in 2/10 managed leagues and my rationale was that a new QB would lock on to the stud WR. Wish I had the knowledge you just mentioned above. It never felt right drafting him though, so very happy I'm not all in. It sounds like you agree with my ff outlook though. I should be selling Dez.