[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I did 5 Yahoo Drafts as a fun experiment

Papa Deuce

For those of you who are familiar with yahoo drafts, they send you a "report card" on your draft when it is over.

So, really, I did 7 drafts, but 5 of them were for the experiment and 2 of them were mine that I did to really try to win.

In the first 2 drafts, the person who drafted Antonio Brown got A's on their report card. Looking at their teams, I thought they were fine, but I thought many teams did better. So this was the impetus for the experiment; I wanted to see if it was automatic if the person who drafted Antonio Brown got an A on the report card.

in 6 of the drafts, Antonio Brown was picked with the first pick. In one draft Beckham was picked 1st, and Brown was taken 2nd.

In all 7 drafts, the person who took Brown got an "A".

Now of course. none of this means a damn thing. But I do find it funny that whatever software they use to generate these reports seems to indicate that if you drafted Brown, your team gets an A, regardless of the rest of your draft.

So, that made me wonder, in a 10 teamer like Yahoo, where you snake draft.... would you really want to be the first pick?

I would not, especially since the point differential of the top 3 WRs probably only about 30 points.... To have to wait for 19 picks to go by before drafting again, I think, would be brutal.

Edited by Papa Deuce

The grade is usually based on some concocted formula that grades your pick on expert ranking or ADP. If 90% of experts say you should pick Brown as the first pick and 10% say Julio Jones, AND you pick Jones then your grade wouldn't be the best.

I would not, especially since the point differential of the top 3 WRs probably only about 30 points.... To have to wait for 19 picks to go by before drafting again, I think, would be brutal.

So you wait 16 or 19 picks based on this logic of the top 3WRs being that close. Is 3 picks worth approximately an extra 2 points a game? Meaning you pick 3rd and choose Jones or OBJ and then wait 16 spots vs waiting 19 spots. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it in a 10 team league.