[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sterling Shepard(NYG rookie)

ImNotSoIgnorant

It seems like he'll be standing across the field from Odell. The Giants receiving options aren't encouraging besides Odell(excluding Shepard since he's an unknown as a rookie). Vereen is there, but sort of iffy on how well he'll do catching. Double teams on Odell might mean more looks for Shepard...or it might mean actual throws to Cruz, Vereen, or Donell as sneaky catchers due to attention on the two starting wide receivers for the NYG.

Any thoughts on him?

He has the pedigree but we don't know what we have yet. Rarely do rookies jump in and perform OR have the gas for a full season so proceed with caution. He's not a sleeper imo though - he's gone fairly high in a couple leagues I've drafted in. Personally, I think he has a chance to be a WR3 with upside if he can catch on. Hard to say though. I remember drafting Julio when he was a rookie hoping I had randy moss but it took him several years to get going. It's usually that way with many talented rookies like Shepard.

• Like 1

He has the pedigree but we don't know what we have yet. Rarely do rookies jump in and perform OR have the gas for a full season so proceed with caution. He's not a sleeper imo though - he's gone fairly high in a couple leagues I've drafted in. Personally, I think he has a chance to be a WR3 with upside if he can catch on. Hard to say though. I remember drafting Julio when he was a rookie hoping I had randy moss but it took him several years to get going. It's usually that way with many talented rookies like Shepard.

yeah...just the other day I was reading something on how an nfl analyst said receiver was the 2nd most difficult position for a rookie to learn/pick up

I think if you've paid attention you can see a cap on rookie wr production

I am interested in this tajae sharpe though...but its tough to tell exactly how much he knows/what he can do once things get forreal