[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading for a RB after Lewis surgery

joeybarce

I mean, if you handcuff Gurley and Anderson (with Booker), you should be ok. It's not like you'd start Jennings in the flex right? Given that you have at least 3 dependable WRs, and maybe more if White/Funchess/Thomas break out.

I don't think the Giants running game is going to be very good, and while Jennings is the lead back right now, Vereen eats all the passing opportunities, and Williams and Perkins will eat into his carries. I'd be surprised if he's still the lead back by say, week 12 or so. I certainly wouldn't give up Kevin White for Jennings.

I don't think you necessarily even need another RB, especially if you have Mason & Booker. But if you feel you do, maybe target a different RB? Since you have a surplus of WRs, you could try trading 1-2 of your WRs, something like Landry and White, for example, for someone like Ingram, Shady, or Doug Martin? Or maybe Landry alone for someone like Hyde or Forte. Or try trading Landry plus Anderson (I'm personally not that high on him) for a more high end RB, someone like Jamaal Charles or Lamar Miller ?

Look for a team in your league that has a surplus at RB but is low at WR, that's the team who would want to trade with you.

Edited by pun

Hold out until the NFL starts dude, you might find an RB situation that is clearer with someone off of waivers rather than trading now. You have two starters and GIO, it's obvious you need another RB at some point but a lot can happen after week 1. There are a lot of situations with RB's where someone will lose carries, their job or get injured, there are guys on the waiver wire that probably are not on the radar yet. We're still in preseason game 3 you will see how carries are split and offenses ran. Jennings is a starter but he also sometimes loses 1 yard carries to that bum A.Williams or Vereen will play an entire series, you can't bank on much with Tom C. Jennings may help you but he's a borderline RB2 (actually flex, spot or bye week filler) unless you're seriously in dire need of a body at RB. Not that Kevin White is the answer in Chi-town to replace Marshall, I'm just saying you probably can slow your roll a bit and let the next couple weeks play out.

Hold out until the NFL starts dude, you might find an RB situation that is clearer with someone off of waivers rather than trading now. You have two starters and GIO, it's obvious you need another RB at some point but a lot can happen after week 1. There are a lot of situations with RB's where someone will lose carries, their job or get injured, there are guys on the waiver wire that probably are not on the radar yet. We're still in preseason game 3 you will see how carries are split and offenses ran. Jennings is a starter but he also sometimes loses 1 yard carries to that bum A.Williams or Vereen will play an entire series, you can't bank on much with Tom C. Jennings may help you but he's a borderline RB2 (actually flex, spot or bye week filler) unless you're seriously in dire need of a body at RB. Not that Kevin White is the answer in Chi-town to replace Marshall, I'm just saying you probably can slow your roll a bit and let the next couple weeks play out.

Tom C. NO LONGER the coach here !