[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR, WR, WR at the bottom not such a good idea this year?

ImNotSoIgnorant

From a bunch of mocks and two completed drafts I've been noticing its not a good idea to go all WR at the bottom of the draft. RBs value generally drops fast after the top 5, but this year it seems to go even faster. There are a lot of WRs I want ahead of RBs, but it seems so does everyone else. It also seems like there are much more viable WRs to start than RBs. People in 1-5 have been going WR and when it snakes back to them they go WR again and then take a RB. If you go WR, WR at the bottom of the draft you're not going to get a any kind of value in RBs. Or is that just my experience?

I agree. I made a post about. Especially hard if everyone else is grabbing WRs too. There is value if a RB falls in the late first or pulling a trigger in the early 2nd even though the WRs look better there. I just know that in the 3rd and 4th, the RBs are really bad compared to WRs.

Everyone seem to think they know which gems will be hanging out in the 6-8. Good luck with that, Melvin Gordon

Edited by Zooty

I just went wr, wr in a 16 team BOTH in a slow draft from the 11 spot. We'll see how it works out

And I just went RB/RB in that same draft because the value just fell to me that way. I figure the RB value falls off dramatically, whereas there's a pretty big group of similarly ranked WR.

• Like 1

Yeah but you don't know what you're doing so...

Lmao, valid. Just shooting from the hip.

• Like 1

I just went wr, wr in a 16 team BOTH in a slow draft from the 11 spot. We'll see how it works out

Edit: I can start 1 RB if I want

The start ony 1 RB option is a significant piece of the puzzle.

IN a current draft I am in, we have graduated PPR (0.5 for RB. 0.75 for WR and 1.0 for TE) and our lineups are 1 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 flex. From the 12 spot I went RB/WR taking the 4th RB off the board (3 RB, 7 WR and 1 TE gone). However, if it had been a 2 RB required league, I probably would have gone RB/RB because the value is there. The switch to super heavy WR drafting early makes going RB/RB at the end of the first/early 2nd the new WR/WR that was done 3-4 years ago

IN a current draft I am in, we have graduated PPR (0.5 for RB. 0.75 for WR and 1.0 for TE) and our lineups are 1 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 flex. From the 12 spot I went RB/WR taking the 4th RB off the board (3 RB, 7 WR and 1 TE gone). However, if it had been a 2 RB required league, I probably would have gone RB/RB because the value is there. The switch to super heavy WR drafting early makes going RB/RB at the end of the first/early 2nd the new WR/WR that was done 3-4 years ago

Was my thinking too.

Did the same thing from the #12 spot. Top tier WRs were already gone and some great RB value was left.

while im not a big fan of the huddle top 200 ppr rankings(no offense...I just don't agree with a lot of them personally)....going by their rankings I see plenty of rb value in the 3rd and 4th rounds....for sure........I think lacy is ranked a bit low....but id gladly roll with a guy like demarco, shady, ingram or lacy as my rb #1 after ive nabbed a couple of top flight receivers(or maybe 3 or 2 and reed)...I think id rather go that route personally

like for instance ...you are picking 9th in a 10 team...or even a 12.....grab a couple of top flight receivers .....then shady and another receiver...or shady and reed...something like that...I think that's a good start I wouldn't mind

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Ingram and Lacy can often be had in the 3rd, sometimes 4th or around there (12 man). J. Stewart is often free falling into the 8th or so. It really depends on too if your league requires 1 or 2 starting RB. There are only a few true stud bellcows left.

This.

And really... Every league is different.

it does depend on your league requirements even with a 2 back league....because some 2 back leagues are only 2 receiver leagues

my main is 2 with 3 wr and a flex...ppr..im picking near the end of the 1st....and im prob still going WR/WR....i fancy my chances landing two potential stud wrs and hitting on a back in that 3rd round range than i do with two stud backs and starting my receiving corps with the landry/cobb/watkins type....won this league taking my starting backs in the 4th and 5th round last year(not saying thats always gonna be the way...i was fortunate)......ive just seen firsthand how building a strong receiving corps can propel you.....won the league starting jonathan stewart as my rb 2 last year.....no offense to j stew he was ok ...but nothing real strong.....i can find j stew like production all over the place

it could work the other way though....if you feel you can target and land some receivers later that are gonna hit then that could work...but you better find two 2015 allen robinsons

if you had gone rb-rb who would have been there for you in the 3rd at wr?

if you had gone rb-rb who would have been there for you in the 3rd at wr?

Just came to my picks. Top WRs based on the Huddle Projections are Tate, Maclin, Matthews, Hurns, Benjamin, Floyd, Decker and Fitzgerald.

Top RBs based on Huddle projections are Hyde, Ingram, Forte, Rawls, Murray, Langford.

Interesting draft with:

1 QB

11 RB

21 WR

2 TE

taken in the first 3 rounds.

I'm pretty certain if we required 2 RBs, the distribution of RB and WR picks would be more evenly distributed at this point. Right now there are 4 teams with no RB, 2 teams with 2 RBs, 1 team with 2 TEs

FWIW, I took Ingram and Maclin. I was very tempted to go with 2 RBs here considering the likely run that is likely about to happen on them, but with the ability to start up to 4 WRs, I see a lot of teams going RB/WR over their next couple of picks, and I didn't want o fall further down when I'm required to start that 2nd WR. Plus, keeps my options very flexible in the 5/6 turnaorund as I can take BPA to fill in my 2nd flex rather than be forced to look at WR to will my WR2 spot, and can look to see where we are at on the QB/TE side of things or already add solid depth to my flex options.

FWIW, I just took Ingram and Maclin

• Like 1

Switched our roster settings to three wrs, one rb and one flex. Unless something falls in my lap I'm going WR,WR,WR,RB,RB.

Edited by MothAudio

Switched our roster settings to three wrs, one rb and one flex. Unless something falls in my lap I'm going WR,WR,WR,RB,RB.

If a quality receiver falls into the 4th round, why not pick another receiver? Receivers have a lot of trade value in leagues where you're required to start 3 receivers and only 1 running back.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

How many of you are in one [1] RB mandatory start leagues? I switched one of the RB positions to flex this year .

The one I've been posting about is a 1RB league.

Given the changes in the NFL (not so many bellcow backs and improved passing games) RBs are almost too devalued IMO.