[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is AJ Green ranked so high

Scorcher

On the drft kit it says he's "money". I don't think he did all that well last year. His QB can have a crappy game on any given Sunday . Why is he rated above so many others. Is it because the other 2 are gone? Won't that just double his coverage?

• Like 1

He's topped 1000 yards in all five of his seasons, and caught 10+ TDs in three of the last four. He had 86-1297-10 last year. He was #8 last year and has always been a top 10 WR except for 2014 when he was injured and missed three games. What's not to like compared to the other WR? He's never really had a bad year ever. He will occasionally have a dud game but he always has a couple of monster ones every year.

Could somebody else give me some input? Not talking about you DMD! Thanks for your input.

He's ranked 4th, 8th, 11th and 24th the last 4 years. He's amazingly gifted and consistently productive and deserving of being ranked as a top 5-7 WR and top 10 pick overall.

• Like 1

Could somebody else give me some input? Not talking about you DMD! Thanks for your input.

He was great for the last few years and looks to be even better this year with Eifert not snagging his TD's for the first few games and no Marvin Jones to eat up targets. He is a talented player with a decent QB and no one taking up his market share. What's not to like?

I'm a little down on Green this year, to be honest. Yeah, the targets may rise with Sanu/Jones gone, but with Eifert out for probably 3-4 weeks, he's not going to have much relief in the middle of the field taking doubles away. And who is the WR2? Brandon LaFell? Please.

Yes he's been consistently good but with the Bengals having a solid defense and decent 1-2 punch on the ground with Hill and Gio, I think Green's ceiling is his production from last season, so WR9 in PPR.

He's a top-10 PPR WR but has the least potential to pop into the top-5 of other WRs in his range.

I traded him - effectively - straight up for Carlos Hyde last year and initially felt a little bad about it, but now I'm kinda fine with it.

Definitely not a Tier 1 WR, IMO. Much rather have Dez, Robinson, even Cooper.

:shrug:

Edited by darin3

I'm a little down on Green this year, to be honest. Yeah, the targets may rise with Sanu/Jones gone, but with Eifert out for probably 3-4 weeks, he's not going to have much relief in the middle of the field taking doubles away. And who is the WR2? Brandon LaFell? Please.

Yes he's been consistently good but with the Bengals having a solid defense and decent 1-2 punch on the ground with Hill and Gio, I think Green's ceiling is his production from last season, so WR9 in PPR.

He's a top-10 PPR WR but has the least potential to pop into the top-5 of other WRs in his range.

I traded him - effectively - straight up for Carlos Hyde last year and initially felt a little bad about it, but now I'm kinda fine with it.

I understand that and some very solid points in there. However, in a redraft, I'm taking Green over Cooper.

ETA: Robinson too.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

He is arguably the best deep ball threat in the NFL with Megatron retired. He has always been consistent. He rarely gets injured. Much of his target The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY are gone or injured. He is a phenomenal talent. He never gets in trouble. I don't really know what else I could say. It's confusing to me why you are so confused about where he is being drafted.

C'mon man. Definitely is a strong word here. Rather have ARob or Cooper? C'mon man.

hes not a tier 1

wow and you say im crazy

Green is more talented than all those guys, especially dez

• Like 1

I understand that and some very solid points in there. However, in a redraft, I'm taking Green over Cooper.

While I think he is being drafted too high, I definitely don't agree with this.

He just isn't in he same tier as the WR's he is ranked around and probably is at the top of yhe next tier of WR's.

I too am down on him a bit this year. I think his max upside is top-8, but I think his downside is 18-24. I won't be taking him with a top-12 WR pick.

K, maybe not Robinson since I'm wholly down on the Jaguar passing game this season. Correction about to be made there, especially with an improved run game and defense.

But yup I'd rather have Cooper. Cooper played half his rookie season with a bum foot and barely hit any sort of "rookie wall". The Oakland OL is probably second only to the Cowboys', and I'd argue they're better pass protectors. Carr is going to have a huge season. Crabtree is an underrated second option who'll keep the heat off Cooper. If Clive Walford is the real deal at TE he'll be even freer to pick openings in the secondary.

Just a personal preference. Just an opinion, which everyone is entitled to have. Does this make Green a terrible player or a bad fantasy option? No, of course not. I am just tempering my expectations for him given the circumstances and frankly feel that Cooper is on the rise whereas Green has more of a hard-capped ceiling.

He is arguably the best deep ball threat in the NFL with Megatron retired. He has always been consistent. He rarely gets injured. Much of his target The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY are gone or injured. He is a phenomenal talent. He never gets in trouble. I don't really know what else I could say. It's confusing to me why you are so confused about where he is being drafted.

C'mon man. Definitely is a strong word here. Rather have ARob or Cooper? C'mon man.

See above.

Look, Green had 4-5 MONSTROUS games last year. 4 100+ yard games. And with them he had 3 UNDER 10 POINTS!

Rarely gets injured? http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/injury-predictor/player/24791

He's a safe low-end WR1... again, my opinion. Could I be totally wrong? Sure. I just go off what I see.

K, maybe not Robinson since I'm wholly down on the Jaguar passing game this season. Correction about to be made there, especially with an improved run game and defense.

But yup I'd rather have Cooper. Cooper played half his rookie season with a bum foot and barely hit any sort of "rookie wall". The Oakland OL is probably second only to the Cowboys', and I'd argue they're better pass protectors. Carr is going to have a huge season. Crabtree is an underrated second option who'll keep the heat off Cooper. If Clive Walford is the real deal at TE he'll be even freer to pick openings in the secondary.

Just a personal preference. Just an opinion, which everyone is entitled to have. Does this make Green a terrible player or a bad fantasy option? No, of course not. I am just tempering my expectations for him given the circumstances and frankly feel that Cooper is on the rise whereas Green has more of a hard-capped ceiling.

See above.

Look, Green had 4-5 MONSTROUS games last year. 4 100+ yard games. And with them he had 3 UNDER 10 POINTS!

Rarely gets injured? http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/injury-predictor/player/24791

He's a safe low-end WR1... again, my opinion. Could I be totally wrong? Sure. I just go off what I see.

Cooper is on the rise whereas Green has more of a hard-capped ceiling.

:rofl:

Cooper cant clean Ajs shoes when it comes to talent

Green has the upside to be the #1 WR

Cooper drops passes and doesn't have nearly the ball skils, leaping ability, hands, height as Green

just stop.

Cooper is on the rise whereas Green has more of a hard-capped ceiling.

:rofl:

Cooper cant clean Ajs shoes when it comes to talent

Green has the upside to be the #1 WR

Cooper drops passes and doesn't have nearly the ball skils, leaping ability, hands, height as Green

just stop.

Sorry guy, I'm not wasting my time/energy on you anymore. :tup:

• Like 1

He has only missed 4 games in 5 years. That's pretty healthy.

Nice use of caps. He really only had 1 monstrous game. His second best game was 11 catches, 118 yards, and 1 touchdown. And 3 under 10 point games isn't abnormal for a great receiver. His second worst game last year was 4 catches for 36 yards.

Edited by michaelredd9