[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which WR do I start week 1

I'm in a12 team PPR league that starts 3 WR and 2 flex WR/RB and WR/TE. My top two WR's are Julio Jones and T.Y. Hilton. I'm probably starting Danny Woodhead in the WR/RB flex so that leaves the following options for my WR 3 and other flex: Tavon Austin, Devin Funchess, Rishard Matthews, and Tyler Boyd. I'm leaning toward Austin for one spot but I'm not sure where to go with the other one. Funchess and Boyd have the better QB situations but Matthews appears to be Tennessee's number one. What do you think?

Why are you starting Austin? That seems like a mistake--he is waaaay too inconsistent for me. I would go with the other 3 you mentioned... seems like a toss up. I might do Boyd and Matthews--I'd normally say Funchess, but they are playing Denver week 1.

Edited by anismith
  • Like 1

Why are you starting Austin? That seems like a mistake--he is waaaay too inconsistent for me. I would go with the other 3 you mentioned... seems like a toss up. I might do Boyd and Matthews--I'd normally say Funchess, but they are playing Denver week 1.

Thanks for your input. I was leaning toward Austin simply because he's the Ram's best option and I have a bit of a soft spot for him but yeah he is inconsistent and their QB situation is a big question mark. I like Boyd and Matthews does have a better QB situation than Austin I guess (not that that's saying much). You are right about the week 1 match-up for Funchess. I may go with Boyd and Matthews. Thanks again for the advice.

I think I own all those guys in my Dynasty team (Funchess, Austin and Matthews), I don't have to play any of them but if I had to 3 -headed coin flip I'd prefer Austin and hope for one of those miracle games where he does some elite with 2 catches. Otherwise, if I banked on a higher floor guy it would be Funchess. I don't know about Boyd. I guess between the group look at the matchup when it's close to season start and see who's matchup is the best and most likely to get a TD otherwise I don't think you can count on volume or insane yards based on history. Boyd is in one of the best situations to get volume opposite of AJ and possibly a TD if thrown his way although its completely unclear if game 1 of his NFL career will see him fantasy relevant.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input robotpimp. I was just reading an update about how Funchess is really pushing Benjamin (granted Benjamin is still working his way back from last years injury) and may go with him week one along with Matthews but I personally expect Boyd to make some noise as the season wears on. Like you I also like how Austin can turn in pretty nice numbers off just 2-3 catches from time to time but in reality it is kind of all or nothing with him. The truth of the matter is I'll be in a kind of a educated guess mode early in the season hopefully after 3-4 weeks a couple of them will show themselves to be solid every week WR 3 and/or flex material.