[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keeper help

Finn5033

We start 2 rbs and 3wr. I looked at the overall rankings for ppr scoring and most lists have Moncrief 20-30 spots higher than Langford. I agree both could be good keepers, I just feel Moncrief is the better value and more upside. I always like to hear other opinions though

Edited by Finn5033

We start 2 rbs and 3wr. I looked at the overall rankings for ppr scoring and most lists have Moncrief 20-30 spots higher than Langford. I agree both could be good keepers, I just feel Moncrief is the better value and more upside. I always like to hear other opinions though

Yeah I actually think they are closer than 30 spots, but I do like Moncrief by a tad.

My worry is Forte was still in the mix majority of the year last year so it's hard to project such an uptick in success for Langford without a full season working as the #1, they have other backs Langford is the man but not without the others to figure in or the o-line could still be a question mark.

Moncrief will be a factor with a healthy Luck I think he has some big upside. Langford has upside but I think I'm tempering my expectations whereas with Moncrief I'm buying him to be a viable WR3 with solid WR2 potential out of the gate, 5 of his 6 TD's caught were when Luck was playing and playing injured of the 7 Luck played which is a very nice trend in a year where Indy did not have much to hang their hats on.

Moncreif - lower risk / high ceiling

Langford - higher risk / high ceiling

What I don't get is that Luck is projected all the way back up in the top 5 for QB's (which he should easily end up with if healthy) at 35 passing TD's you have to think Moncrief should easily carve out 10 of those. Luck threw 40 in 2014. So where they rank Luck in the top QB's compared to Moncrief in the WR list it doesn't add up (with a horrible QB situation he was 64-733-6). I see value there, just my opinion.

Just for an example ESPN's top 300 ppr list has Moncrief at 46 and Langford at 76. CBS rankings for ppr have Moncrief 41 and Langford at 67. The thing that worries me with Langford is I'm not hearing good things about him from any sources. I always like to hold onto a viable starting back that I can play every week just because they are harder to come by than WR but I think Moncrief is the way to go based on upside and value. Thanks for your thoughts

Just for an example ESPN's top 300 ppr list has Moncrief at 46 and Langford at 76. CBS rankings for ppr have Moncrief 41 and Langford at 67. The thing that worries me with Langford is I'm not hearing good things about him from any sources. I always like to hold onto a viable starting back that I can play every week just because they are harder to come by than WR but I think Moncrief is the way to go based on upside and value. Thanks for your thoughts

My thoughts as well. I do believe Langford did enough to hold serve on the RB1 spot but will he get lion share of the work and if there is a setback how quickly will the climate change with RB's I mean Forte did nothing but bond that offense together with Marshall for years I'm nervous about Chicago in general perhaps Langford is the answer it seems a little unclear though.

Or look at it this way.. Forte leaves and goes to the Jet's, he's still ranked exclusively higher than Langford that's F'd up, so no one fantasy-wise thinks Langford is going to out produce Forte or in his situation in Chicago he won't be able to. Moncrief on the other hand had a decent year with a horrible situation but with Luck in he could've hit 10 Td's and 1000 yards easy. Langford had two incredible games against poor teams and that was enough to take the torch from Forte.. Langford's YPC is essentially Alfred Blue-Esq.