[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Selecting Keepers

af2489

I inherited a team in a PPR keeper league this year. I wasn't given much to work with and I'm not sure who I should keep. We can keep 2. I also don't have a pick until the 10th in the second round, and then 3 picks in the third round. Thoughts?

Eli Manning, Tony Romo

Reggie Bush, Andre Ellington, Ronnie Hillman, Carlos Hyde

Julian Edelman, Ted Ginn Jr., TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief

Jared Cook, Larry Donnell

Edited by af2489

No to Edelman? I was back and forth on him because he's without Brady for 4 weeks. And Hyde makes me nervous now that Chip Kelly is over there.

I actually didn't see Edelman. I know he's good, I just don't love Edelman, but might take him over Hyde.

They didn't do you any favors, traded away your 1st rd pick?

Are the keepers round specific or 1st 2 picks?

Landry/Hilton/Edelman and maybe Hyde are really the only ones you should have listed as options. And I don't think any of them is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick compared to what will be left after other keepers are chosen.

12 team league or 10? What picks are in Rd 3?

Apparently he traded away that first round pick for Randall Cobb right before the trade deadline :/ I should have gotten a discount on this team.

It's a 12 team league, the keepers aren't round specific. I have the 3rd, 10th and 11th picks in round 3.

Apparently he traded away that first round pick for Randall Cobb right before the trade deadline :/ I should have gotten a discount on this team.

It's a 12 team league, the keepers aren't round specific. I have the 3rd, 10th and 11th picks in round 3.

That sounds like collusion... Cobb is a 3rd round pick for a 1st rounder? Well, at least you have a really good excuse if your team does poorly. Do you get any benefit from not keeping 2 players?

I suppose the keepers don't use the 1st two rounds then if you have a 2nd rd pick. If you have to choose two and can't move up in the draft by jumping someone who keeps a 1st and 2nd rounder, I'd lean Hilton/Landry. All 3 WR are in the same range, I give the edge over Edelman because of injury concerns/Brady.