[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Floyd

InTomWeTrust

the problem with Floyd has never been talent...in fact...I think if he played in a handful of other places hed be a fantasy star by now.....its really opportunity....that offense they run in Arizona doesn't funnel targets in one direction....palmer is a very good quarterback.....he goes through reads and will take the open guy....there are a lot of guys there that can make plays.....and if troy niklas is having as good of a camp as they say he is then there might be another mouth looking for some catches......if Floyd were in another offense hed be a 90 catch 12 td guy all day with his ability....this offense doesn't rely on that though....I dunno if hell ever see the targets needed to truly break out....we shall see though

• Like 2

Love him! AZ WRs seem to be dinged up, Brown lingering concussion and Fitz is hitting the wall in football age. No feature TE means more Floyd

they have a 23 year old TE that was drafted in the 2nd round two years ago...that has been banged up the last two years....the word is hes starting to come on in camp this year(think tyler eifert..although I dunno if hes that gifted of a receiver)...hes also related the nfls Matthews clan

l like Floyd, but that offense reminds me of the Saints a little bit meaning any of those WRs can be studs. I'm liking Brown more than Floyd, however.

agree...I love cooks talent.....but I dunno if hes gonna be able to see the type of targets to truly reach the level his talent might dictate....I think az/no are very similar...two really good veteran qbs who can go through reads and find what the defense is leaving open rather than forcing things

check in

I'm predicting a big season from the kid

he should be special

give me floyd in the 5th over evans in the second all day

what I love about evans right now is the absolute possibility he might see at least 160 targets...Winston is still developing(and even fully developed might not be a guy that can make more than a couple of reads)....and hell be locked in on evans.....evans is the only true playmaker on that offense.....if evans doesn't see 160 targets ill be shocked.....

on pure talent Floyd is on par with evans...their situations aren't comparible though

• Like 2

check in

he should be special

Diarrhea...pht pht...diarrhea...pht pht...when your sliding into third and you feel a juicy turd...diarrhea..pht pht

I'm not a big Berry fan, but for what's it worth these are some telling stats from one of his articles:

6. Larry Fitzgerald was the leading fantasy WR on the Cardinals in three games in 2015.

6a. Michael Floyd was the leading fantasy WR on the Cardinals in four games in 2015.

6b. John Brown was the leading fantasy WR on the Cardinals in nine games in 2015. Brown is currently being drafted after Floyd and Fitzgerald.

7. Since entering the league in 2011, only Calvin Johnson has more receptions AND averages more yards per reception than A.J. Green.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/17381117/matthew-berry-2016-fantasy-football-team-names-breakout-players-risers-rookies

• Like 1

He definitely turned it on in the second half of the season (as Fitzgerald seemed to turn down). I could see him having 1100 yards and 8 TD season, but I wouldn't say that its likely. I definitely think John Brown is the odd man out in this WR trio as his numbers last year were largely propped up by touchdowns despite his low amount of receptions.

The biggest caveat here is that I have a hard time imagining Carson Palmer producing as well as he did last year; the fact that he played 16 games was impressive in itself.

• 1 month later...

check in

he should be special

Time to check in

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav

Jaron Brown - WR - Cardinals

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers believes WR Jaron Brown needs to "play more" at the expense of Michael Floyd.

Floyd has arguably been the least productive receiver in the league through three weeks. Among receivers with at least 20 targets, Floyd's 39.1 percent catch rate ranks dead last. He was credited with one drop in the Week 3 loss to the Bills, but he could have just as easily been charged with three. Floyd also ran a bad fourth-quarter route, leading to a Carson Palmer interception, when the Cardinals were threatening a comeback. Brown has caught 6-of-11 targets for 145 yards (24.2 YPR) and one score on just 85 snaps, mostly playing in garbage time and four-wide sets.
Related: Michael Floyd
Sep 27 - 9:15 PM

Time to check in

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav

Jaron Brown - WR - Cardinals

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers believes WR Jaron Brown needs to "play more" at the expense of Michael Floyd.

Floyd has arguably been the least productive receiver in the league through three weeks. Among receivers with at least 20 targets, Floyd's 39.1 percent catch rate ranks dead last. He was credited with one drop in the Week 3 loss to the Bills, but he could have just as easily been charged with three. Floyd also ran a bad fourth-quarter route, leading to a Carson Palmer interception, when the Cardinals were threatening a comeback. Brown has caught 6-of-11 targets for 145 yards (24.2 YPR) and one score on just 85 snaps, mostly playing in garbage time and four-wide sets.
Related: Michael Floyd
Sep 27 - 9:15 PM

Don't hold your breath for a check in the greatest fantasy football mind ever. He only checks in when it is convenient for him. This makes him look bad. Check back if Floyd ever has a big day. He will check in for sure then.

Don't hold your breath for a check in the greatest fantasy football mind ever. He only checks in when it is convenient for him. This makes him look bad. Check back if Floyd ever has a big day. He will check in for sure then.

:rofl:

Its week 3 r-el-a-x

He could easily be Zonas #1 WR right now

He's catching some bad breaks, he will bounce back.