[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flash Gordon

InTomWeTrust

In one of my BoTH leagues he went as the 80th pick (i.e. 5th round), also a 16 team league. It's just as interesting to see how Coleman is drafted in relation to Gordon. In one league Coleman was drafted 8 spots before and in another 5 spots after.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

thats great value how long ago was that draft?

Aug 20th

Also important, this was a 10-team league, but we do start 3 WR and a flex.

I was shocked to see him fall to me. In the predraft bullishting, I did casually mention that I would only be taking him if he fell to great value. I can't help but think that small psychological plant helped him get to me.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

MFL10s he is going late 6th through 8th usually. All 12 team leagues

two drafts at 7.06 and 6.04 and he hasn't been drafted yet

6.08- regular 12 team redraft with Huddlers

Grabbed him at 6.11 as my fourth WR in a 14 team BoTH league. Only had two RBs and picked up Ivory at the 7.04.

A bit surprised he lasted that long in a 14 team, especially with the bits of positive news coming out of camp.

Edited by heehawks

Second round in a dynasty league draft. But it was more of a FU pick towards me.

I am deep at WR and so is the guy who took him. He knew I wanted him and took him way early.

I offered a deal for Gordon after the draft but he laughed and told me he did it because he knew it would kill me. He is right. It is killing me.

As mad as I am I tipped my cap to him. He knows he has me over a barrel this season for a trade. And if he starts off well the price will rise. If Gordon fails he has more than enough depth to cover the bad pick.

this is one of those times where I both hate and love fantasy football.

Edited by Wpob
  • Like 3

Grabbed him at 6.11 as my fourth WR in a 14 team BoTH league. Only had two RBs and picked up Ivory at the 7.04.

A bit surprised he lasted that long in a 14 team, especially with the bits of positive news coming out of camp.

You see my squad in that league yet? :brow: Now I know it's preseason...

im going to have to grab him in the 5th round in a 10 team to ensure i get him then

Too early IMO. There are just way too many ways that Gordon ends up disappointing and only a few ways he can live up to that. Using that high of a pick means that it will hurt a lot if he plays like he did at the end of 2014 or worse, if he gets suspended again. It also sucks the value out of him if he costs that much.

The 5th in a 10 has a lot of really nice options still OTB. No way could I justify taking Gordon over Floyd, Moncrief, Tate, Matthews, Fitzgerald, or Marvin Jones. Odds are that more than half of those guys will be available in the 5th and probably 1 or 2 of them will still be there in the 6th.

I can't bless a Gordon selection anywhere earlier than pick 70, and even then, I think you will have needed to start WR heavy so that you aren't counting on him to start. So if you go something like AJG, Evans, Cobb, Decker through the first four rounds, then take two RB's, I can see going Gordon in the 7th at the earliest.

• Like 1

Too early IMO. There are just way too many ways that Gordon ends up disappointing and only a few ways he can live up to that. Using that high of a pick means that it will hurt a lot if he plays like he did at the end of 2014 or worse, if he gets suspended again. It also sucks the value out of him if he costs that much.

The 5th in a 10 has a lot of really nice options still OTB. No way could I justify taking Gordon over Floyd, Moncrief, Tate, Matthews, Fitzgerald, or Marvin Jones. Odds are that more than half of those guys will be available in the 5th and probably 1 or 2 of them will still be there in the 6th.

I can't bless a Gordon selection anywhere earlier than pick 70, and even then, I think you will have needed to start WR heavy so that you aren't counting on him to start. So if you go something like AJG, Evans, Cobb, Decker through the first four rounds, then take two RB's, I can see going Gordon in the 7th at the earliest.

im just hoping i pick at the end of the 5th and get an early 6th to grab floyd

I agree with what you're saying but ive been saying all offseason that if gordon comes back im getting him in all leagues

i would be sick if i missed him and he explodes