[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jared Cook incredibly underhyped

knight526806

Jared Cook is my top late round flier for this year's drafts. He is still in his prime, and he is finally going to get a chance at a season with a great quarterback. He is way faster, and an overall, better athlete than Richard Rodgers.

Cook has big play ability, and Aaron Rodgers likes to throw to a big bodied receiver in the endzone (hence James Jones resurgence last year). I see all the makings of a breakout season here. I'd get him on your bench before the first game of the season.

Ehhh I chased after Jermichael Finley for YEARS. I'm not getting my hopes up again.

finleys best year was like 66-600-8...that was what 5 years ago? after that its been nothing but average, at best, TE production....I dunno if cook is THAT talented to really make a huge difference....cook isn't a bad option if you are waiting on a TE though.....I guess in that offense anything is possible.....its a good offense to own a piece of

finleys best year was like 66-600-8...that was what 5 years ago? after that its been nothing but average, at best, TE production....I dunno if cook is THAT talented to really make a huge difference....cook isn't a bad option if you are waiting on a TE though.....I guess in that offense anything is possible.....its a good offense to own a piece of

55-767-8, and he was trending to top those numbers in the year he got hurt, but I get what your saying. Like you said "its a good offense to own a piece of".

OK, here is a homer flyer. I am friend's with Justin Perillo's dad, and know Justin. Very nice young man. A little undersized & slow but gets open and from what I hear has not dropped a ball all year, game, scrimmage or practice. Lacking speed, his YAC is low but I think his skills make him perfect for goalline packages. We had Cook and he was a bum. Can't catch, block or run a route.

My crazy call is that Justin scores more TDs than Cook.

Alot of mouths to feed in that O if they all stay healthy

Tight ends prosper when they play with elite receivers. Cook won't be seeing any double teams and Aaron Rodgers is a smart quarterback. The Packers weren't happy with Richard Rodgers last year. He had 58 catches, 510 yards, and 8 touchdowns. If Cook is on the field most snaps, the sky is the limit.

Tight ends prosper when they play with elite receivers. Cook won't be seeing any double teams and Aaron Rodgers is a smart quarterback. The Packers weren't happy with Richard Rodgers last year. He had 58 catches, 510 yards, and 8 touchdowns. If Cook is on the field most snaps, the sky is the limit.

I know u can pick and choose for any players but he had 450 and 7 without a fluke hail Mary.

And Jordy wasn't there last yr either.

OK, here is a homer flyer. I am friend's with Justin Perillo's dad, and know Justin. Very nice young man. A little undersized & slow but gets open and from what I hear has not dropped a ball all year, game, scrimmage or practice. Lacking speed, his YAC is low but I think his skills make him perfect for goalline packages. We had Cook and he was a bum. Can't catch, block or run a route.

My crazy call is that Justin scores more TDs than Cook.

I've heard good things about Perillo, but it will take a Cook injury for him to be relevant.

He hasn't blossomed anywhere he's been and it's not like he hasn't had opportunities. I predict he'll have a couple of big games that make everyone drool over his potential but there's too many other options. If you can draft him late do so but trade his underperforming arse after his first big game.

He hasn't blossomed anywhere he's been and it's not like he hasn't had opportunities. I predict he'll have a couple of big games that make everyone drool over his potential but there's too many other options. If you can draft him late do so but trade his underperforming arse after his first big game.

List of his quarterbacks over the last 7 years:

Vince Young

Kerry Collins

Rusty Smith

Matt Hasslebeck

Jake Locker

Sam Bradford

Kellen Clemens

Austin Davis

Shaun Hill

Nick Foles

Case Keenum

• Like 3

I've heard good things about Perillo, but it will take a Cook injury for him to be relevant.

Would he leap past Rodgers as the top receiving TE?

Ramhock saying he will score more TDs, which may or may not happen. But that doesn't mean he's worth a roster spot, or that he'll be a better scoring TE than Cook. (Consistency and total points matter more than who gets more TDs, unless you're in a TD only league).

Would he leap past Rodgers as the top receiving TE?

Ramhock saying he will score more TDs, which may or may not happen. But that doesn't mean he's worth a roster spot, or that he'll be a better scoring TE than Cook. (Consistency and total points matter more than who gets more TDs, unless you're in a TD only league).

If the current trajectory holds and Cook remains healthy I think he'll be the better fantasy option in terms of Packer TEs.

Edited by darin3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, one week=sixteen.

You mean I can't expect Fuller to go for 1800 yards and 17 TD's this year? :brow:

In all seriousness, as a former Rams fan, I watched that guy drop so many damn balls I just root against him now, so I am biased and take pleasure in him doing poorly.

Edited by DanTheMan_5