[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RGIII

ImNotSoIgnorant

From the huddle:

"Robert Griffin III - QB - Cleveland Browns

Posted 8/26/16 8:57pm ET

Cleveland Browns QB Robert Griffin III was sacked five times in a 30-13 preseason loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Friday, Aug. 26. He completed eight of his 14 passes for 119 yards and a touchdown and ran once for four yards.

Huddle Up: Griffin was under pressure early and often. He has shown flashes of upside, but he is likely to remain hit and miss all season. He is a late-round lottery ticket."

I haven't been paying much attention to RGIII; I'm guessing you all aren't either. For those of you who have is this what we think it'll be like for him the entire season? Another line that can't or doesn't want to block for him? I wanted to see him prosper on a different team considering what they did to him in Washington.

It will be interesting. He has been noted as being more mature this go around for whatever that is worth. But he has some tools to work with in CLE between Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman and, apparently, Terrelle Pryor. I hope he does well but most early flame outs don't get back to where they once were.

It will be interesting. He has been noted as being more mature this go around for whatever that is worth. But he has some tools to work with in CLE between Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman and, apparently, Terrelle Pryor. I hope he does well but most early flame outs don't get back to where they once were.

Wouldn't it be fun to see him and that team blow up this year and win 11 games? I'm envisioning the NFL version of Major League...albeit with more actual talent.

Right, but what about Cleveland's O-line?

Wouldn't it be fun to see him and that team blow up this year and win 11 games? I'm envisioning the NFL version of Major League...albeit with more actual talent.

Yes that would be cool, but it would be about as possible as the Patriots, Steelers and Packers all going 0-16. The Browns are a horrible team right now. Some flashes on offense, but the defense is just plain awful. No pass rush, no stopping the run, poor pass coverage, poor tackling, penalties, etc.

As for RG3, he has some weapons, but they haven't had much time together on the field, even in practice. I like what I've seen from Terrelle Pryor, didn't think he had a shot to be a real WR, but he has improved. Gordon looked decent in the last game, rookie Corey Coleman missed lots of practice time and was pretty lost and lightly used in his first game on the field. I suspect he and Gordon get more work in the last game, especially since Gordon will then sit out 4 games.

Also keep in mind they've got a revamped OL, the LT anchor Joe Thomas is still there, and his adjacent guard, but the right side is revamped if not all new (Mack and Schwartz got replaced).

And now on the RG3 rushing stats, he looks very tentative when he runs and slides very early. That is good for his chances to play more games, but means less likely to put up big numbers. I also notice he seems to stand very still in a very small pocket, then tries to wiggle out at the last second, not sure that bodes well for him getting many rushing yards or completing a lot of passes.

One good thing for RG3 (and the passing game), the Browns will be playing from behind a lot, giving up an average of 24 points per game in pre-season, I expect similar numbers all year.

PS good story about the Browns OL, they're still a work in progress though and haven't looked that sharp in pre-season.

I kept seeing the Browns TMQB and RGIII go in drafts before the likes of Denver TMQB and Teddy and Dak and was wondering why? Terrible O-line, bunch of new WRs that really haven't played together, running game that won't be very good to keep defenses honest. The only thing I can think of is that the D is so bad that these folks are drooling over a Derek Carr/Blake Bortles 2015 season and he'll be forced to chuck it 50 times a game. I'm not buying any of it and am staying away

I kept seeing the Browns TMQB and RGIII go in drafts before the likes of Denver TMQB and Teddy and Dak and was wondering why? Terrible O-line, bunch of new WRs that really haven't played together, running game that won't be very good to keep defenses honest. The only thing I can think of is that the D is so bad that these folks are drooling over a Derek Carr/Blake Bortles 2015 season and he'll be forced to chuck it 50 times a game. I'm not buying any of it and am staying away

Might want to check out the article I linked. Their O-line seems vastly improved and well thought out. For fantasy purposes yeah all those guys are way down in drafts if at all except Gordon. For the Browns as a team it could be very interesting and leanings towards success on offense. Defense I do not know about.

Their Oline is a mess, I have to sit through every game. They miss Schwartz in a big way, as well as Mack. Cam Erving's getting creamed every play. 5 Sacks against Tampa?

I don't care what some writer said 2 months ago, this team is in shambles and will be lucky to win 3 games.

Edited by loaf