[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would it surprise you if I saw the pint half full?

Cowboyz1

Well, I just hopped on the 'Boys bandwagon this year. I couldn't pass up Elliott at 2.08 in my main local. Then Dez was sitting there at 3.05 and there wasn't a better option out there. So I certainly hope there isn't much of a drop off with Dak at the helm. I even drafted Dak with my last pick to complete the triplets.

How the he'll did Zeke fall to the second? 28 drafts this year he never made it past 1.8

Seriously.. He went 1.2 in two of my 3 drafts this weekend (both Cowboys fans) and 1.6 in the other

And he fell to the 8th pick of the second round? Are you playing with first timers or Cowboy haters?

What the hell is cra cra? Did you mean cray cray?

Hell I don't know. I'm too old to know what the hell these kids are saying these days. Just heard it somewhere and assumed it was spelled weird also. Gave it my best shot and in doing so, showed my age.

Seriously.. He went 1.2 in two of my 3 drafts this weekend (both Cowboys fans) and 1.6 in the other

Exactly, I took Gurley over Zeke in the two slot and I'm not going to get over it. Haven't seen Zeke make it out of round 1 in ANY competitive league I have seen. Dez in round three even surprises me.

You pen a beautiful rallying cry good sir. I'd equate you to the Independence Day speech from the president in the Will Smith alien movie. I'd fly my plane into a ball of flames of certain doom

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all year! :brow:

And he fell to the 8th pick of the second round? Are you playing with first timers or Cowboy haters?

Nah, plenty of experienced players in my main local. They might be Cowboy haters with Romo's injury though. They went a little "Zero RB" heavy, so guys like Keenan Allen and Mike Evans went before Zeke. Believe me, I was surprised he fell to me. And then Dez was sitting there at 3.05 as by FAR the most value left. I couldn't pass on these guys where they fell, but it's an awful lot of risk to have two "stud" picks in the same offense being led by an unproven rookie at QB. If he didn't pass the eyeball test in the preseason, I'd have more reservations, but I tend to think the offense will get theirs generally speaking.

ETA - I think Dez getting a concussion contributed to his fall. I ended up getting John Brown in the ninth round based on the amount of risk he poses with his apparently significant concussion this preseason. In both cases, the risk was more than built into the price tag.

Edited by MTSuper7

I passed on Zek in my mandatory 3 keeper league when I could have had him. Hype doesn't always equal reality, especially with the injury prone nature of Romo. I have been burned so many times in the past chasing the over-hyped rookie RB.

Grits you're going to regret that move. When I saw Zeke scamper around the corner beating Seattle's linebackers to the edge for 12, then make that cut and lower the boom not once, but twice on CC, that was all I needed to see. This kid is 6' 225 and has hands the size and ability of first a baseman's glove. This kid is gonna be special. With or without Romo.

But of course I'm your favorite grain of salt......... :wink:

• Like 1

Zeke was the first pick in our draft, 12 teams 5 kept per team, 2nd off the board was Jeremy Langford by the same owner that had too much talent to protect (also traded Hurns and CJ Anderson). I think he'll be a great RB in this league, and the Cowboys will lean on him alot.

Also we have a Cowboys homer in our league, who has high hopes for Dak Prescott, who was taken by our returning champ as his backup to Palmer.

We'll see how this Cowboys team looks on Sunday.

• 1 month later...

5-1, atop the division, having just rolled into Lambeau and put a whoopen on that bad man and their vaunted rush defense with the leading rusher in the NFL. Led by a rookie QB that is proving to be a once in a generation player. I would say we are off to one hell of a magical season.

Poor Romo, with every win his rehab gets more and more lengthy. Even Jerry isn't willing to rock this boat. Romo deserves to get his job back but when you have a team in a zone like this you don't want to do anything to stop the momentum. I believe he understands that and if Dak continues to play like he has and the team keeps winning, he'll fall on his sword and stand down. Last year seems a distant memory. We now have two starting QB's that can win. It's just we had the wrong man pegged as the backup!

What a year. Go Cowboys. I do believe in miracles. Getting a 4th round pick to play like an All Pro out of the gate. Yeah, that's pretty special, but getting an All Pro tail back to boot. Now that's just kra kra! :wacko:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

I'm only going to say this once so pay attention for this will be the last time I address you.

Maybe you don't realize this but you obviously have some mental disorder. That really doesn't matter. The simple fact is everything you post is looked upon like that kid in special ed that keeps wanting be a part of the crowd but can't because he doesn't have any resemblance of social skills. Therefore, you're ignored and seen as an idiot. Even when you think you make a comment worth reading we are reminded by the fact that the post was made by a clown and becomes worthless noise. You have made such a fool out of yourself that you have completely lost all respect. Sadly you have no idea that every time you post you don't realize you're doing so with your pants down around your ankles.

So let me give you a piece of unsolicited advice. Sit down at your computer, tablet or what ever you pull up this forum with, go to the search function and pull up all of your posts. Take your time and read them thoroughly. Once you have finished them all and IF you still believe you're normal, immediately find a good psychiatrist. However, if you finish them all and come to realize what we've already determined about you, just leave and we will all understand. Again find a good psychiatrist because you'll probably hate yourself. Over time we may find a measure of respect for you since you had the respect for us to relieve us of your presence and check out once and for all. Now if for some reason you feel the need to justify yourself please don't bother. You are going back to ignore as soon as I finish typing. Good luck and I hope you find the help you need.

i would appreciate you to check in for duty

i would appreciate you to check in for duty

Why? Are you the type of person that needs constant validation from complete strangers to feel good about yourself? If so, if everyone "checks in for duty" and sings your praises will you please permanently go away? I pretty sure the entire Huddle Community would go for that. Check in for that.

• Like 1

Unbearably...... :D

Gonna bumb every Cowboys thread now and gloat about how great you are? You know the collapse is coming, especially if they let your boy Clutch Romo take over again.

Why? Are you the type of person that needs constant validation from complete strangers to feel good about yourself? If so, if everyone "checks in for duty" and sings your praises will you please permanently go away? I pretty sure the entire Huddle Community would go for that. Check in for that.

Ignoring him means you don't have to read his posts, unless others feed the troll and quote him. If we all ignored him, or at least didn't respond to him he probably would go away (or his posts would be hidden from all so same thing).

Check in on ignoring InToolWeTrust