[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help on making a trade.

BradleyM

I am weak at receiver in a 12 team PPR league. I was considering trading away Brees and trying to upgrade at WR. I would have to fight through the first 4 weeks with Brady being suspended.. but could use help at WR. Thoughts on who to try to trade and trade for.

My team:
QB: Brees/ Brady
WR: Brown, Baldwin, Diggs, Coates
RB: Charles, Ingram, Foster, Yeldon, Coleman

TE: Gates/Fleener

His Team: (He just lost Romo)
QB: Garroppolo/ Romo / Alex Smith

RB: Gurley, D Williams, Sproles, A Morris, Mckinnon
WR: Jeffrey, Sanders, Cobb, Funchess, Cruz
TE: Olsen

While it would be nice to pounce on the guy who needs a QB, he's really thin at rb and not strong at wr... not sure there's a deal there.

I would maybe throw out the same deal that jkraft did, only with Brady instead of Brees since he's already on Jimmy G... or look for somebody else weak at QB?

I agree on trying Brady instead of Brees, since he already has Garropolo. You could try Brady and Yeldon for Cobb. Although I am not sure that gets it done. You may have to go up to Foster and Brady to get Cobb.

Hurt... Not to get wrapped up in a preseason performance but Diggs and Bridgewater looked really sharp together yesterday... enough for me to move Diggs up a notch or 2. Don't sell one of the qbs cheap now... wait till Brady is back and that guy or someone else is desperate.

You don't need 2 QB's, so see what he'll give ya for Brady.

He's got a terrible team - can't imagine how he arrived at that roster on a per/round basis, lol... not thrilled by your team either, but at least you have some pieces to work with.

Don't get caught up in QB's - the difference between the #5 QB, and the #14 QB isn't enough to get worked up about. QB's are cheap. You dug yourself a bit of hole by taking 2 QB's and 2 TE's. Those are roster spots that you could have used at the most valuable positions in FF, i.e. RB and WR.

• Like 1

You don't need 2 QB's, so see what he'll give ya for Brady.

He's got a terrible team - can't imagine how he arrived at that roster on a per/round basis, lol... not thrilled by your team either, but at least you have some pieces to work with.

Don't get caught up in QB's - the difference between the #5 QB, and the #14 QB isn't enough to get worked up about. QB's are cheap. You dug yourself a bit of hole by taking 2 QB's and 2 TE's. Those are roster spots that you could have used at the most valuable positions in FF, i.e. RB and WR.

Lol and that dude has 3 qbs....i dont see you trading a QB for one of his best WRs when he has 3 of them. but i would try and shop Brady before Brees. QBs dont have super value until season starts and theyre doing well

Lol and that dude has 3 qbs....i dont see you trading a QB for one of his best WRs when he has 3 of them. but i would try and shop Brady before Brees. QBs dont have super value until season starts and theyre doing well

Look at the numbers - QB's are cheaper than cheap.

In a 12 team league, the difference between the #6 QB last year (Brees), and the #12 QB (Philip Rivers) was 19.7 pts for the season. Divided by 13 equals about 1.6 pts/wk.

Is that worth giving up valuable depth at the most critical positions of RB and WR?? The answer is obvious - of course not.

I picked up Blake Bortles off the waiver wire last year, and he finished as the #4 fantasy QB. The year before it was Carson Palmer, and year before that, etc, etc...

I've only had one live draft so far this year, and every time I was targetting a QB late in the draft, someone sniped him, and I decided to keep waiting. Most of the teams in that league had 2 QB's before I drafted my only QB, which turned out to be Jamies Winston.

I wasn't thrilled with Winston, but I'm sure he'll be fine. He passed for over 4,000 yds last year, and 22 TD'. I certainly expect him to improve on the TD totals. I drafted him in the 13th round. I'd much rather have that kind of production from the 13th round, and a quality #2/#3 RB/WR in round 4/5, than to panic and jump on a QB early.

Look at the numbers - QB's are cheaper than cheap.

In a 12 team league, the difference between the #6 QB last year (Brees), and the #12 QB (Philip Rivers) was 19.7 pts for the season. Divided by 13 equals about 1.6 pts/wk.

Is that worth giving up valuable depth at the most critical positions of RB and WR?? The answer is obvious - of course not.

I picked up Blake Bortles off the waiver wire last year, and he finished as the #4 fantasy QB. The year before it was Carson Palmer, and year before that, etc, etc...

I've only had one live draft so far this year, and every time I was targetting a QB late in the draft, someone sniped him, and I decided to keep waiting. Most of the teams in that league had 2 QB's before I drafted my only QB, which turned out to be Jamies Winston.

I wasn't thrilled with Winston, but I'm sure he'll be fine. He passed for over 4,000 yds last year, and 22 TD'. I certainly expect him to improve on the TD totals. I drafted him in the 13th round. I'd much rather have that kind of production from the 13th round, and a quality #2/#3 RB/WR in round 4/5, than to panic and jump on a QB early.

??? i was agreeing with you. i think its funny that dude has 3 Qbs, i dont see the point. and thats why i dont think he would give up one of his best WRs for another QB. and yes, unless your getting a luck/rodgers/newton/wilson? its wise to wait til later in draft to take a QB.

??? i was agreeing with you. i think its funny that dude has 3 Qbs, i dont see the point. and thats why i dont think he would give up one of his best WRs for another QB. and yes, unless your getting a luck/rodgers/newton/wilson? its wise to wait til later in draft to take a QB.

Sorry, misread your take...

If he's nuts enough to carry 3 QB's, and has Garappalo, assuming you have an IR spot, I'm sure he'd be interested in taking Brady.

See if you can snaggle Funchess from him... I think he's got a chance to breakout this year.

Good luck.