[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did I do?

FastSteve

12 team Standard Yahoo league

Roster

QB-1 RB-2 WR-3 TE-1 K-1 D/ST-1 Flex-RB/WR/TE Bench-6

I got the #1 draft pick

R1- Antonio Brown R2- Mark Ingram R3- Aaron Rodgers R4- Jeremy Langford R5- Jordan Reed

R6- Allen Hurns R7- Larry Fitzgerald R8- Ameer Abdullah R9- Willie Sneed R10- CAR D/ST

R11- Graham Gano R12- Darren Sproles R13- Dwayne Allen R14- Bruce Ellington

R15- Jay Cutler R16- Dak Prescott

Having the 1st pick overall in a snake style draft I knew I would be waiting longs periods of times between draft picks. So rather than scamper to get a little better so-so ranked players at certain positions I focused on get top 10, top 3 players at as many different positions as I could to build a solid core I could work the waivers around. Hence why I went with a D/ST & K a little past the middle round. In fact the first D/ST came off the board a full 3 rounds earlier than I anticipated off of last years draft - 11 of the same people playing. The first D/ST came off the board in round 10 & the first K was R9!

Going off the research I got he consensus top WR, a top 3 QB, a top 10 maybe just 1 or 2 outside of that RB, a top 3 rated TE, a top 3, top 5 on lower rankings D/ST & same with the K. I use the top 3, 4-10 & 11-20 scoring per position method. Looking at that I see that a top 3 D/ST brings a higher weekly points avg than a top 10 RB or WR. I will obviously probable drop Prescott. But anyways what do you think?

you wasted r3 pick on rodgers

The potential #1 QB for the year & highly likely to be no less than top 3 & you call that wasted pick! Passing TD are 6 points by the way. And how about input on the draft as a whole, not just one pick. Yahoo by the way is giving me a draft grade of A, the highest grade of everyone in the league.

yahoos grades are a joke. the drafts ive done ive noticed K and Def coming super early this year. in one draft i grabbed DEN first at maybe round 8 or 9 whenever i filled my starting roster, same with Gostkowski in a cpl. AS for yours it looks like a decent squad. I cant justify taking a QB that early but to each his own. hopefully langford has a good year and you should be in good shape.

• Like 1

yahoos grades are a joke. the drafts ive done ive noticed K and Def coming super early this year. in one draft i grabbed DEN first at maybe round 8 or 9 whenever i filled my starting roster, same with Gostkowski in a cpl. AS for yours it looks like a decent squad. I cant justify taking a QB that early but to each his own. hopefully langford has a good year and you should be in good shape.

Well as I said when I ended up with the #1 overall pick with so many picks between my own I decided instead of chasing after a bunch of lower middling picks, chasing all the runs that I would I have to watch happen, to try to get a core of top positional players to build a team around. I think I got that & some guys with upside. Think I got a good starting point to build around using the waivers wisely.

1st pick is cool but i hate waiting so long inbetween picks. I agree though, you have a good team for a 12 teamer work that WW and you should be alright. its hard to gauge teams before the season starts because all you have to go on is last years stats. Thurs cant come soon enough!

• Like 1

I can maybe kind of see the D early, but I would never go early with K. You just never know who's going to be kicking a ton of fg. I would rather pull another wr/rb with some upside there and watch the ww for the K that gets hot.

Being that you have to start 3 wr, I would have been inclined to take one more sure thing wr in the Ingram or Rodgers spot, but to each their own. Overall it's solid... just be ready to scoop the breakouts on the ww.

Edited by MnLefty

I can maybe kind of see the D early, but I would never go early with K. You just never know who's going to be kicking a ton of fg. I would rather pull another wr/rb with some upside there and watch the ww for the K that gets hot.

Being that you have to start 3 wr, I would have been inclined to take one more sure thing wr in the Ingram or Rodgers spot, but to each their own. Overall it's solid... just be ready to scoop the breakouts on the ww.

I hear you. I think I got a little too hung up on my top positional player thing with the K. The research showed min difference from say 2/3 guy to say 10-12 guy. As for the Ingram pick, by the time I picked him at the end of the 3rd, he was about the best RB left. I didn't want to wait any longer for my 1st RB & potentially be chasing the position all season long from a bad position. And if I waited till R4 for a QB I felt I would have been outside of top 3 & mostly be taking around 8-10th ranked QB. Last year by round four, 8 QB's were off the board. Keep in my mind I would be the LAST pick of R4 also. I do get what you guys are saying about these other strategies but as a Bears fan I like having Rodgers with another chip on his shoulder, something to prove & his top weapon back. My gut feeling is Rodgers & AB are going to take some fantasy teams to their championship. Having both, with a little waiver wire magic, I hope I can be one of those teams.