[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have the 2nd pick in a 12 team league - What would you do?

Hwarang26

If the first pick is Antonio Brown, I think I should take Gurly, If the first pick is Gurly, I think I should take A.B. Then if I get Gurly, I'll target the next 2 best WRs 23rd & 26th Pick. If I get Brown, I'll target the next 2 best RBs. Does that make any sense? What would you do?

Makes perfect sense but don't corner yourself to that decision. Even if you get Brown, the value may be there to pick up a WR in the 2nd or 3rd still. Plenty of good RB's to find in the 4-6th rounds. Hyde, Murray, Hill, Langford, Abdullah are all very startable. So if you want to stack up on WR's or vice versa, go for it.

I agree with LeonardPart6. If you get AB, you may still want to get another WR with 2nd rd pick and then RB with the come back in 3rd. Lot's of decent RBS are going in 3rd-5th rounds.

Can you answer my question?

I have pick # 7 in a Standard 12 team league. I have the choice whether I want to move down to 8-9-10-11- or 12. Some FF experts say its great to be #12 for back to back choices.

Thoughts?

Not everyone agrees but I will always make my own "big board" with wr and rb combined and ranked in this case 1-26... then with the 1st 3 picks just take the highest guy with no regards to position. If you have guys dead equal, then maybe use position of need to break the tie. If I'm going to reach for a position, even if it's only slightly, I'll do it for my last starters, not the guys who should carry my team.

Best player available until I'm trying to finish off my starting lineup.

Like others have said, don't settle on one strategy. Undoubtedly someone will throw it off anyways. I like Lefty's idea of saying that you want WR/RB the first 3-4 rounds and go with the best available. That gives you a lot of versatility in how/who you draft. I think you can bank on the top WR going first round and RB going second (that is what I have been seeing). But I do agree with you, either Gurly or Brown should be your first pick.